Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Watch AKIKO SUZUKI's new program

Never rule out Asada and Ando.

The PCS of Akiko needs to go up. Her costume is absolutely glorious. She could opt to up the ante by doing the triple lutz-double toe-double toe and double axel-tripe toe and another double axel triple toe-double loop sequence.

I do hope she would become a World Champion this year or even next. Her skating is too beautiful for words.

Her passion and love for the sport exudes through her body and soul. I love her humility and focus on the sport.

Custom Title
    I like the music and she seems so much more lyrical in this routine. But there are so few medals. I want so many to win. I'd love to see Mao win, Lip, Tuk, Sot and Leonova to win (and they can't even all make it to Oly or world's), add Yuna and Joannie if she came back plus there are so many good Americans who I would like to win. Sentimentally, Akiko is the Maria Butyrskaya - you just have to cheer for them.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by christinaskater View Post
    I do hope she would become a World Champion this year or even next. Her skating is too beautiful for words.

Her passion and love for the sport exudes through her body and soul. I love her humility and focus on the sport.
    I also wouldn't mind seeing this happen.

Quote Originally Posted by christinaskater View Post

What a nice post.

You know what - I think it doesn't matter so much in the long run.

I think years from now Akiko will be remembered quite fondly by many skating fans.

Perhaps that is just as good and worth as much as any medal - regardless of the color.

It was nice to see Carolina win last year and it would be just as nice to see Akiko win.

But I will like her just as much and always remember her skating and her joyful spirit whether she wins the WC or not.
    Last edited by janetfan; 10-05-2012 at 10:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by janetfan View Post
    What a nice post.

You know what - I think it doesn't matter so much in the long run.

I think years from now Akiko will be remembered quite fondly by many skating fans.

Perhaps that is just as good and worth as much as any medal - regardless of the color.

It was nice to see Carolina win last year and it would be just as nice to see Akiko win.

But I will like her just as much and always remember her skating and her joyful spirit whether she wins the WC or not.
    Her World bronze medal is good as Olympic gold for me

I do hope she could win 4CC and the Japanese nationals!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Skater Boy View Post
    But there are so few medals. I want so many to win.
    You've expressed my problem exactly!

I went back and watched the program. It's stunning, isn't it? Akiko has a flow and power that makes her almost unique among women currently skating. There are so many details besides the glory of her skating that add to this program. For one thing, I love that her costume is a deep, rich blue rather than a pastel color. It conveys an emotional fullness. I also like that her music isn't commonly used. It's a lovely, melodic, haunting tune but not one we can all hum because we know it so well. It belongs to her alone.

If she won Worlds, I'd be thrilled. If Mao won Worlds, I'd be thrilled. Beyond that I can't narrow it down. I'd just love to see both of them on the podium.
    Last edited by Olympia; 10-06-2012 at 05:11 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2