Watch AKIKO SUZUKI's new program | Golden Skate

Watch AKIKO SUZUKI's new program

colleen o'neill

Medalist
WOW!

I adore this program ( and ,of course , Akiko too ) ! It suits her perfectly. Has Camerlengo reached genius status , yet ? Even the costume is just beautiful.. I'll have to go and re-watch this a few times. :love::love:

ETA:..and the exit is cute, too..:laugh:

Last edited:

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
WOW!

I adore this program ( and ,of course , Akiko too ) ! It suits her perfectly. Has Camerlengo reached genius status , yet ? Even the costume is just beautiful.. I'll have to go and re-watch this a few times. :love::love:

ETA:..and the exit is cute, too..:laugh:

Love it also.

The consume is really beautiful --- another winner from Camerlengo! Can't wait to see this in competition with all the elements!

Snoopy15

On the Ice
YEP.
IMO, best program since West Side Story.
This is gonna "Change" Suzuki all over again. :)
I'm so happy for her.

kiri433

Rinkside
Hi. This is my very first post!

I love Akiko's new FS, too! I think it brings out her exotic side so beautifully.
Together with her Kill Bill SP, it's going to be a whole new Akiko this season.

FSGMT

Record Breaker
I like it, but a lot of movements are the same they used for The Bat, and it reminds me a lot of that program! But maybe it's because i loved it so much and I would've liked her to keep it, so I'm just trying to find something similiar to it in her skating! :biggrin: However, this was a "short" version, we'll be able to admire the entire program just at JO... And I'm happy she's keeping the layout she used last season, she used to change it every year in the last seasons! (And, congratulations to Akiko, the only one this summer to land a 3Lz and a 3F in the same EX program! :agree:)

russell30

Final Flight
WOW, new direction for Akiko - program wise, the flow, speed, transitions and the technical and choreographic content
is SUPER, the jumps had good landing and extension - seems Akiko has had good training in the Summer. IF she skates like this in the JO she should win!, so early on I thought that program was well polished.

Great for Camerlengo here, not many would go for Jeax De Eau from Cirque - such a soft and lyrical piece - suits Akiko's skating.

christinaskater

Medalist
Her skating keeps on improving every year. She is just an incredible talent. The exhibition program version is a masterpiece already. I'm excited where she would take this program this year. I just noticed that she has so much more confidence now. "Jeax De Eu" suits her perfectly.

Wishing Akiko a super year this year!

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Lovely choreographed program beautifully skated by Akiko. Her musicality is first rate and what I find missing in
a lot of skaters' programs. Kudos to Camerlengo for creating another brilliant program.

Welcome to GS kiri433!

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Hi. This is my very first post!

I love Akiko's new FS, too! I think it brings out her exotic side so beautifully.
Together with her Kill Bill SP, it's going to be a whole new Akiko this season.

kiri433, Welcome to Golden Skate! We hope you post long and often!

Butterscotch17

On the Ice
Great program for Akiko! Love it! I can't wait to see it at Japan Open. I'm so impressed by how she continues to improve every season, especially at her age. She used to not be one of my favorites, but her skating has grown on me so much. I know she's going to kill it this season!

christinaskater

Medalist
I can't wait for Japan Open!

Excited to see all the new programs.

Akiko is just exquisite. Fantastic from start to finish.

Each move now has command and polish.

I see her having the command and composure which some of us felt was lacking in the past.

skateluvr

Record Breaker
Could she be WC this year? I say yes. Akiko is exquisite and the best Japanese lady currently (haven't seen Asada yet but Akiko has the flow, speed, and pssion Asada needs to find again. I adore Mao but Akiko is now in her own league.

christinaskater

Medalist
Never rule out Asada and Ando.

The PCS of Akiko needs to go up. Her costume is absolutely glorious. She could opt to up the ante by doing the triple lutz-double toe-double toe and double axel-tripe toe and another double axel triple toe-double loop sequence.

christinaskater

Medalist
I do hope she would become a World Champion this year or even next. Her skating is too beautiful for words.

Her passion and love for the sport exudes through her body and soul. I love her humility and focus on the sport.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
I like the music and she seems so much more lyrical in this routine. But there are so few medals. I want so many to win. I'd love to see Mao win, Lip, Tuk, Sot and Leonova to win (and they can't even all make it to Oly or world's), add Yuna and Joannie if she came back plus there are so many good Americans who I would like to win. Sentimentally, Akiko is the Maria Butyrskaya - you just have to cheer for them.

bigsisjiejie

Record Breaker
I do hope she would become a World Champion this year or even next. Her skating is too beautiful for words.

Her passion and love for the sport exudes through her body and soul. I love her humility and focus on the sport.

I also wouldn't mind seeing this happen.

janetfan

Match Penalty

What a nice post. :)

You know what - I think it doesn't matter so much in the long run.

I think years from now Akiko will be remembered quite fondly by many skating fans.

Perhaps that is just as good and worth as much as any medal - regardless of the color.

It was nice to see Carolina win last year and it would be just as nice to see Akiko win.

But I will like her just as much and always remember her skating and her joyful spirit whether she wins the WC or not.

Last edited: