Watch AKIKO SUZUKI's new program | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Watch AKIKO SUZUKI's new program

christinaskater

Medalist
What a nice post. :)

You know what - I think it doesn't matter so much in the long run.

I think years from now Akiko will be remembered quite fondly by many skating fans.

Perhaps that is just as good and worth as much as any medal - regardless of the color.

It was nice to see Carolina win last year and it would be just as nice to see Akiko win.

But I will like her just as much and always remember her skating and her joyful spirit whether she wins the WC or not.

Her World bronze medal is good as Olympic gold for me

But there are so few medals. I want so many to win.

You've expressed my problem exactly!

I went back and watched the program. It's stunning, isn't it? Akiko has a flow and power that makes her almost unique among women currently skating. There are so many details besides the glory of her skating that add to this program. For one thing, I love that her costume is a deep, rich blue rather than a pastel color. It conveys an emotional fullness. I also like that her music isn't commonly used. It's a lovely, melodic, haunting tune but not one we can all hum because we know it so well. It belongs to her alone.

If she won Worlds, I'd be thrilled. If Mao won Worlds, I'd be thrilled. Beyond that I can't narrow it down. I'd just love to see both of them on the podium.

Last edited: