Ladies Qualifying Results | Golden Skate

Ladies Qualifying Results

sk8tngcanuck

On the Ice
only have a couple minutes - off to work, but just got back from watching q rounds. Will report in full later, but Joannie won her Q group, as did Jen win hers.

Joannies scores were 5.4-5.6
Jens were 5.0-5.4

Joannie is on top here, great skate, more later.

Nicole Watt withdrew.

lise

On the Ice
don't get too excited when you sede the marks-there were 2 different panels for each qualifier and they were harsh on the first one. If Joannie had been in the same group as Jen, she would have been second-she had no lutz. Jen landed hers. I have a feeling that it will all come to the lutz issue.

sk8tngcanuck

On the Ice
hi Lise,

Yes, I am aware there were 2 different sets of judges, but while Jen did land her lutz, it was 2 footed as were most of her triples. She only landed 2 clean triples.

Joannie received a standing O from the crowd in attendance and had by far the best skate of all the ladies.

Will be interesting to see what transpires between these 2 ladies.

Canuck

britt_sk8

Spectator
sk8tngcanuck said:
only have a couple minutes - off to work, but just got back from watching q rounds. Will report in full later, but Joannie won her Q group, as did Jen win hers.

Joannies scores were 5.4-5.6
Jens were 5.0-5.4

Joannie is on top here, great skate, more later.

Nicole Watt withdrew.

I wish nicole hadnt withdrew. I read that she didnt think that she was ready and she has just finished getting a new medication for her arthrides! I hope we can see her compete sometime nexst year!