Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: What is your opinion on Plush's new program?

Quote Originally Posted by yaya124 View Post
    As a real layman, I like this program. In my eye, this is an elegant program in a classic ballet style, which Plushenko is good at: maybe not to many from this forum, but to me at least. Some of the movements remind me of his Nijinsky program. Which actually is a surprise because IMO Nijinsky was so good (again maybe some of you find that one is not good at all) which could be the reason he did not come back to the classic ballet style afterwards. Why repeat the same style when you have already push it to the best level?
    I believe the Nijinsky is the most beautiful male program ever. Nothing compares to that perfection. Great music, choreography, performance and Plushy's looks.
    Last edited by plushyfan; 10-07-2012 at 12:59 PM.

Custom Title
    This is from Japan Open.

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bcl8aQEpOeY&feature=channel&list=UL[/url]

It is amazing! May be I am the only one who liked this program from the minute I saw it.
    Plushenko only a guy who did 2 rotated quads, I think this program suits his personality, some nice upgrades to his costume. Petukhov did a good job again, and I can see some TAT input as well, including music cuts and costume. His ending pose was changed too, hope he still phoenix at the end.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by yaya124 View Post
    Then do not watch his skating since probably his program will never be with the same style as the "new kings". Simple enough.
    Thanks for the suggestion, but if someone of Plushenko's stature is competing, it would be silly for me not to watch. Since it is a work in progress, and since he's stated he's working on improving all facets of his skating, I hope it improves and will be watching with interest.

leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    My first impression of the program was that this is a tribute to Johnny Weir, Swan, too many feathers and sequins.
    Now in Jo I got warmed up only because it is Plushenko in something new, otherwsise I feel he wants to show a softer image but it is actually like you force an eagle to be a swan. I m Romeo and Juliet fan still but at this point anything he tries does only good
    I m amazed he controls his arms throughout the program until the last minute though, thats a new for me.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by seniorita View Post
    My first impression of the program was that this is a tribute to Johnny Weir, Swan, too many feathers and sequins.
    Now in Jo I got warmed up only because it is Plushenko in something new, otherwsise I feel he wants to show a softer image but it is actually like you force an eagle to be a swan. I m Romeo and Juliet fan still but at this point anything he tries does only good
    I m amazed he controls his arms throughout the program until the last minute though, thats a new for me.

Actually his movements are softer than the test skate, which is a pitty since I love some of the movements from the test skate (for example, the way he made the pose before the steps). The first part is improved from the test skate for sure, so I think by RN, it would be a really beautiful program. It is just so different from others.

And I do not see the resemblance to Weir's program, he is softer now, but not that soft

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2