Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Mirai Nagasu

Medalist
    What illness did Mirai have at 4CCs?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by altuixde View Post
    What illness did Mirai have at 4CCs?
    She caught the flu after Nationals, recovered, and then caught Norovirus in Taipei.

Medalist
    Quote Originally Posted by burntBREAD View Post
    She caught the flu after Nationals, recovered, and then caught Norovirus in Taipei.
    Wow, traveling is dangerous! At least I think it is, because if you do travel a lot, you get exposed to more infectious diseases. I don't get sick very often... maybe it's because I don't travel much.

Custom Title
    Has this been posted already? Such classy comment full of thoughtfullness. Good girl. I agree, Mirai is the true winner in our hearts!
    https://www.facebook.com/mirai.nagas...51835277226673

Am particularly glad that her head's up and she looks to the future already. (her first name Mirai=未来 in Japanese means "the future", btw ) Way To Go, Mirai!!!

Best comeback EVOR! zamboni step's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by deedee1 View Post
    Has this been posted already? Such classy comment full of thoughtfullness. Good girl. I agree, Mirai is the true winner in our hearts!

Am particularly glad that her head's up and she looks to the future already. (her first name Mirai=未来 in Japanese means "the future", btw ) Way To Go, Mirai!!!
    I just saw that now, such an encouraging comment. She didn't lie about thinking she was entitled to a spot, which is fair enough, she is entitled to feel entitled. But not only that but she was polite and didn't come across as bitter, this is how you show sportsmanship without being fake.

Quote Originally Posted by deedee1 View Post

Yes deedee there is a thread out there regarding Mirai's Facebook message but there is a lot of bickering in that thread. So thank you for posting it in Mirai's fan thread.
    I thought her statement was honest and classy and I am glad that she will continue skating in "the future".

Keeper of the Kweens OGM. MK's Winter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by demarinis5 View Post
    Yes deedee there is a thread out there regarding Mirai's Facebook message but there is a lot of bickering in that thread. So thank you for posting it in Mirai's fan thread. I thought her statement was honest and classy and I am glad that she will continue skating in "the future".
    Her thoughts were mature, classy, and honest. I am so glad she will continue! I have no doubt she will work hard and enjoy a resurgence next season. Best wishes to her on her next journey!

Rejoicing in the land of Kwan kwanatic's Avatar
    Has anyone seen this video from Mirai's Instagram? http://instagram.com/p/k5WX7TC5bq/

This is a gorgeous layback. She's capable of doing so many interesting positions. I really hope she adds this to a program next season.

Custom Title
    Wow, Mirai is incredibly flexible. The last position looks almost like Julia L's "Bielmann" but her leg is a bit bent. I wonder if she has been inspired by her to do these kinds of spins?

I wish she was going to Worlds, but I look forward to seeing her wow us next year.

I really liked her TONS when she first hit the scene, the conference / " whatever I am just going to skate my best" attitude. I think the Jr. nat.s televised coverage and publicity years ago changed her some how, but most of all it was most likely due to the 4 inches she grew in such a short time ( I think, it has been a while since I have been "super involved" as I once was.) that "hesitated" and she could get back up to the top(s) in the media eye again. I remeber her being one of the most wonderful personalities to hit skating, she brought a lot of hope to FS and it's popularity to me. I guess I was wrong - SO FAR. But hey I was wrong about putting microphones on the Ice to hear the skates be enticing to the viewers.

She has one of the best personalities I have ever know in the Media.

Custom Title
    I watched SOI lately, wanna share with Mirai fans here,
    Mirai's 2 performances left the deepest impression in my heart, still think about it, hours after the show! Words fail me. Mirai is a "special" skater you have to watch her live to appreciate that. Her Golden Pond(tear jerky) and Demons(really impressed, blew me away unexpectedly).
    Mirai's artistry has grown so much depth. as showed in this 2 show programs. Mirai is really dedicate and refined yet passionate within!
    EDIT: Mirai's spins absolutely the best from the bunch. the most special thing about her spins and dance in general is that her spins connected to music so perfectly, while she spins, she touches your heart!

Custom Title
    I've seen several of her "Demons" SOI videos on YT and it brings me to tears every time. If she can tap into that type of depth of performance in the next year, I think she will go far. I can't imagine how she can do that Pearl spin without hurting her back, as flexible as she is. But it certainly is a showstopper, as you can hear the cheering from the audience.

Rinkside
    My friends ask: Are there recordings Mirai's new programs from Broadmoor Open?..

Is it possible to find her 2010 Olympics FS video? I could only find this, and the quality is horrid. I really miss 2010 Mirai

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3