Mirai Nagasu | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Mirai Nagasu

tulosai

Record Breaker
Congratulations to Mirai on an awesome long program at Finlandia :cheer: She's currently moved up 4 places in the standings, and got a score of 111.58- the best she's done in a LP in some time.

Very happy for her! :biggrin:

roma

On the Ice
Was just wondering since I didn't see the skates, why is her PCS in the FS so low? Hmm... A bad SP performance should not affect the FS PCS esp if it was skated really well.

Last edited:

tulosai

Record Breaker
Was just wondering since I didn't see the skates, why is her PCS in the FS so low? Hmm... A bad SP performance should not affect the FS PCS esp if it was skated really well.

I think it's honestly because her international reputation is currently pretty bad. I think if she keeps skating well they'll go up. Reputation/standing in your own country isn't supposed to matter, but it obviously really does.

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
Holy crap, just saw her FS!!! Nice package this year.. love the SP costume especially (nice demon angel wings) ! So incredibly happy for her.. .she is addressing all her weaknesses this year with better program and package!

Totally hosed in PCS in the FS rather unfairly I might add by judge 3 and 4, looking at the protocols, I wonder which judge gave her 4s and 5s in PCS! She don't deserve those marks! I'd give her at least a 56/57, consider Lenova got 58s. At Olympics she had 60s as a newbie skater. However, hopefully this performance made ISU judges notice... this is a different Mirai, more spirited, more at ease, and gutsy!! She look a bit trimmer in better shape this season too. I am hopeful... Go Mirai!

http://www.isuresults.com/results/season1516/csger2015/CSGER2015_Ladies_FS_Scores.pdf

Last edited:

MK's Winter

Record Breaker
Holy crap, just saw her FS!!! Nice package this year.. love the SP costume especially (nice demon angel wings) ! So incredibly happy for her.. .she is addressing all her weaknesses this year with better program and package! Totally hosed in PCS in the FS rather unfairly I might add by judge 3 and 4, looking at the protocols, I wonder which judge gave her 4s and 5s in PCS! She don't deserve those marks! I'd give her at least a 56/57, consider Lenova got 58s. At Olympics she had 60s as a newbie skater. However, hopefully this performance made ISU judges notice... this is a different Mirai, more spirited, more at ease, and gutsy!! She look a bit trimmer in better shape this season too. I am hopeful... Go Mirai! http://www.isuresults.com/results/season1516/csger2015/CSGER2015_Ladies_FS_Scores.pdf

I agree. I thought she deserved bronze, it's a shame about the short program. If she had been able to pull off the triple loop she could have won silver here- totally clean short I would have given her the gold.

apgold

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Here's the link to Mirai's FS https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21wSHvwsLRk

So, her only UR was on the 2A/3T and she got a ! on her lutz. I do think she was judged pretty harshly on her PCS, compared to Kaetlyn. I think their FS scores should've been much closer. Sorry she lost a point on a time deduction, too. I didn't notice that she went much over.

Still, I think she put out a great, mostly clean program and she seemed to enjoy herself and showed some expression. I think she'll continue to improve this season and I'm always rooting for Mirai! (Still not crazy about the music cut, but she seems to like it.)

ETA: I didn't see this posted here, Mirai did an Interview with the Blade Boys (Canada's answer to TSL?) post SP. I think she wanted to get the 3A out in competition but I got the sense that she may not include it going forward until she perfects it.

ETA2: She will be skating in the Exhibition - wonder what it will be? https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CP2RKC6UEAAPsrF.jpg

Last edited:

Eclair

Medalist
I finally managed to catch up on Nebelhorn Trophy and what can I say? I'm totally in LOVE with Mirai's SP to Imagine Dragons. This is the best Mirai we've seen in years and WOW those spins are a real highlight! Especially the sit spin comb in the SP. And that SP dress :love:

At the beginning of the season I though my favourite for the third worlds spot would be Karen Chen, but now I can't decide which one I prefer! I wish for Mirai to grab that 3rd spot once again and then skate lights out at worlds, winning the world title with awesome spins, spirals and the 3axel!!

Now, the LP was technically very good but I don't understand by the music has to change so many times ... Really distracting... Also a little more commitment to the expression and choreo would have made it perfect but there's still the whole season ahead of her to polish it :))))

Imagine

Medalist
I dream of seeing her win everything...GP, Nationals, Worlds...but just not with that program...please. The music is so schizophrenic I don't understand...

slider11

Medalist
I dream of her winning ANYTHING at this point. I love Mirai and I think she just needs to regain some credibility with judges who already before she skates have their fingers on the 4s and 5s for her artistic score. There is a real classical elegance to her skating that some judges will not recognize. But I like the determination and positive looks she was giving Tom Z in the kiss and cry after her LP. She knows this is a journey and she still has some things to prove. So, get the first win or lat least 2 strong skates at the next competition. You can do it!
I dream of seeing her win everything...GP, Nationals, Worlds...but just not with that program...please. The music is so schizophrenic I don't understand...

apgold

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
If anyone missed Mirai's EX to "I put a spell on you" - here it is https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b1_iQ76sFAc

I love her costume here with the spiderweb pattern on the back. And she actually smiles during this program, lol. Her 2As in this program are flawless and watch for that layback at the end!

slider11

Medalist
You know what! I watched her LP again and I like the music. Sure, the cuts a little disjointed but that was the whole theme of the Great Gatsby, crazy people pretending that they were normal and happy. I like the change in pace and Mirai seems to connect better with this music than the more 4 minute continuous story music. Another thing occurred to me when watching her exhibition is that practicing the 3 A has made her 2A really good. So, if they decide to not risk the 3A next time and she just ends up with a a really good 2A, along with other strong and properly executed triples, she should be moving forward. Her spins are the best-remind me of Alissa Csizny. But someone has got to teach Mira when to smile and when not to. I guess you can't work at everything at once so if Tom Z can get some consistency in her jumps I won't complain!

samm22

On the Ice
Ice challenge seemed to be a good competition overall for Mirai. The flip toe, while <, actually was performed well and only received -0.13. The quality of her skating is improving, and the goe and components are beginning to reflect that. The <'s are an issue though, but it does seem that Tom Z is addressing it (I hope)

tulosai

Record Breaker
Well done today Mirai!! This is her first gold medal in a very long time, I hope she is overjoyed!:cheer: