Mirai Nagasu | Page 9 | Golden Skate

Mirai Nagasu

dna5019

Final Flight
Mirai!! What a glorious SP you put on!! :luv17: :shocked: :love: I'm so proud of you!!! :hap93:

ice coverage

Record Breaker

Yes, and that photo was taken/posted well before the SP -- so Mirai already had been in good spirits :) at the prospect of competing in Taipei.

The ISU Instagram account posted a gorgeous photo from Mirai's SP in Taipei:

Congratulations to Mirai :yay:. So happy and excited for her. Look forward to her FS.

musicfan80

Medalist
Just watching Mirai's SP from today - what a great job! I was really pleased. It was a bonus that she seemed so happy after her skate. I am one who thinks skaters shouldn't have to "fake smile" if they don't aren't feeling it, but I love seeing a warm, genuinely happy face.

The one thing I hope she really works on for next season is her speed across the ice. I think if she does that plus continues everything else, her scores will jump next year! :)

Good Luck to her in the FS!

mirai4life

1Lo <
Record Breaker
that was the best 3F-3T i've seen from her. no question on the rotation but she needs to watch her 3F edge even though she didn't get called this time.

Last edited:

tulosai

Record Breaker
that was the best 3F-3T i've seen from her. no question on the rotation but she needs to watch her 3F edge even though she didn't get called this time.

Honestly I think she might as well just go for a triple lutz triple toe. Another option would be a triple toe triple toe which should be easier to rotate if anything, though then she'd have to abandon any layout with a 2A3T, but she hasn't been going for that in the last few comps anyway.

samm22

On the Ice
Honestly I think she might as well just go for a triple lutz triple toe. Another option would be a triple toe triple toe which should be easier to rotate if anything, though then she'd have to abandon any layout with a 2A3T, but she hasn't been going for that in the last few comps anyway.

After nationals I thought she could try a lutz-toe as well (she did an underrotated one in 2010 worlds), but then again, she just started to gain consistency with her flip-toe, so I don't think she should mess with it right now...maybe next season. I don't think doing a toe-toe combo, at least in the long, is worth it since she wouldn't be able to do the axel-toe, which she had planned in the second half at nationals, but popped the toe into a double.

Last edited:

tulosai

Record Breaker
I am so happy with how Mirai did today! :cheer: It is such a joy to watch her improving! This will also put her 12th on the Season's Best List, so for the first time in quite a whole she should definitely get 2 GP spots next year :luv17:

onyxrose81

Rinkside
I'm very happy for Mirai-so glad she could end her season on a high note. I hope she continues the momentum through to the next season.

dna5019

Final Flight
MIRAI GOT SILVER!! :hap93: :yahoo: :hap57: I was jumping up and down when I saw the results this morning! :biggrin: Congratulations, Mirai! :clapper:

yyyskate

Record Breaker
Tears, Tears.........:sad21::sad21::sad21:
that step sequence, Tears.

- - - Updated - - -

Mirai WILL do good in long, that is my gut feeling!

too scared to watch live, cos nowadays my girls are mostly headcases. Just checked result, and What did I see. Mirai did great!
haha, it is time to quote myself.:yahoo::hap93:

Danibellerika

Medalist
I'm thrilled for Mirai!! I don't love the programs this year, but I'm glad she's skating them well. That's the most important thing. And if she gets 2 GP assignments that really an opportunity for her to build momentum for herself next year and make the world team. I would love for her to make the Olympic Team once again too. She's still my personal favorite US lady and I like to feel optimistic about her since she's turning things around and going in a good direction.

tulosai

Record Breaker
I'm thrilled for Mirai!! I don't love the programs this year, but I'm glad she's skating them well. That's the most important thing. And if she gets 2 GP assignments that really an opportunity for her to build momentum for herself next year and make the world team. I would love for her to make the Olympic Team once again too. She's still my personal favorite US lady and I like to feel optimistic about her since she's turning things around and going in a good direction.

It is almost impossible that she would not get 2. At this point I can't see any scenario where she'd drop below 15 on the Season's best list- the only competition left for people to knock her down is Worlds, and most of the people who could potentially score 190+ this season who will be at Worlds have already done so. There are a few girls who might get it with the skate of their lives but only a few. With 72 available GP spots for ladies, and with spots being filled from the Season's Best list once the guaranteed slots are given out, it would literally take some kind of conspiracy for her to not get 2. In ladies, generally, everyone or almost everyone in the top 25 on the Season's Best list ends up with 2 spots so at 15th or lower, Mirai should get 2 for sure.

Sam L

Medalist
So happy to see Mirai on the podium. Gosh, she's struggled so much in her career but she keeps fighting back and she proves her worth when given these international chances. Congrats on the Silver medal!

nguyhm

On the Ice
Congrats to Mirai on her silver medal. It's so good to see her big smile, I'm so happy for her. The way she interacted with Tom Z. in the kiss&cry gave me the feeling that she's in good hands, he has definitely helped her improve, all the hard work paid off. What a way to end the season - with a bang and a medal to go along :clap::hap10:. Wishing her the best for next season.