Davis & White disclose their music selections! | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Davis & White disclose their music selections!

janetfan

Match Penalty
Regarding acting lessons in skating. Skaters deliver a performance. In that performance it helps to learn how to project to the judges and audience. It is especially important if you are portraying a certain character or storyline. In this day and age, many skaters use the talents of professional dancers to help them with expression and choreography. The more you know about how to perform, project, the better.

Good points and you and the others could be right - but I say acting classes will never be a substitue for natural charisma.

Like I said, I like Charlie the way he is and like D/W the way they are.

Just the way I see it and "if it ain't broke don't fix it."

Anybody think Michelle took acting lessons - or did we just see a naturally charasmatic skater who was trained well enough by her coach and choreographer about performing and projecting?

Last edited:

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Regarding acting lessons in skating. Skaters deliver a performance. In that performance it helps to learn how to project to the judges and audience. It is especially important if you are portraying a certain character or storyline. In this day and age, many skaters use the talents of professional dancers to help them with expression and choreography. The more you know about how to perform, project, the better.

Bingo.

janetfan

Match Penalty

OK, can I ask to see the list of skaters that are known to have taken acting classes and credit this with improving their skating performances?

No need to list them all - just 10-20 of the better known skating thespians would be enough. :)

Tara and Sasha don't count ;)

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Weaver & Poje said they took acting lessons to help them with last year's free dance to Je Suis Malade.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
... I read a post at GS a while ago from a former judge who said something like "the Shibs will never win a medal at Worlds because they are not good looking enough. ISU judges want a different look."

A month after that post the Shibs won bronze at Worlds. :)

But the message of that post stuck with me. I like watching Ice Dancing - I love the Shibs - but I have no burning desire to learn the rules or understand what makes certain teams "favorites" in the eyes of the judges.

I am afraid the more I would learn the less I would like it.

Yikes, in addition to their considerable skating talent, the Shibutanis are blessed with exceedingly good looks. :yes:
Glad that they proved the former judge wrong. (And I hope that their skating earns them more medals.)

janetfan

Match Penalty
Yikes, in addition to their considerable skating talent, the Shibutanis are blessed with exceedingly good looks. :yes:
Glad that they proved the former judge wrong. (And I hope that their skating earns them more medals.)

The Shibs have also been excused from acting classes and instead are studying Directing and video production. :)