Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 87

Thread: Davis & White disclose their music selections!

  1. #31
    Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Staring at the ocean and smiling.
    Posts
    15,105
    It would be nice--this year, I haven't seen anything.

  2. #32
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    215
    Quote Originally Posted by KKonas View Post
    Some of the quotes/info Lynn uses are from her interview at Champs Camp.
    The IN interview is from four different sources: 1. Champs Camp interview 2. Private interview with Meryl and Charlie 3. Interview with Marina 4. Teleconference. This is indicated in the article.

    Re: "fluff" Champs Camp, there were five (non-fluffy) stories posted on IN, based mixed zone interviews and private interviews. I think additional (maybe fluffy?) material was posted on USFS website.
    Last edited by nylynnr; 10-08-2012 at 02:14 PM.

  3. #33
    Celebrating the Excellence of #VirtueMoir golden411's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    4,135
    Quote Originally Posted by dorispulaski View Post
    http://web.icenetwork.com/news/artic...&vkey=ice_news

    Icenetwork has now reported on the videoconference.

    At some point, they will put up video or audio of it, if things are like last year. ...
    Thanks for the article, Doris.

    Super-small note:
    Maybe audio only can eventually be posted? USFSA had tweeted about a media "call" and the IN article called it a teleconference (which to me implies an old-fashioned telephone conference call). KKonas would know.

    And thanks, KKonas, for your original reporting on the media availability and for sharing your interesting professional background.

    BTW, never got around to adding the following little postscript at the time of Champs Camp :
    Not only had Rutherford tweeted, "I have learned to never stand between ice dancers and their chosen time to announce their music," but also Charlie White's mother had tweeted right back, "You're a smart woman, Lynn ".

  4. #34
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    692
    So it's finally happening. Charlie is going to fulfill the prophecy of being the second coming of Gwendal Peizerat.

    Meryl is a TOTAL Giselle in my mind. I think it's a really smart choice for their SD.

    I'm still disappointed none of the top teams are skating to Hoedown by Copeland. I don't know if that would have been the wrong kind of music, but the other day I watched some old Polka compulsories to that music, including D/W and V/M and it fit just PERFECTLY.

  5. #35
    Celebrating the Excellence of #VirtueMoir golden411's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    4,135
    Quote Originally Posted by nylynnr View Post
    Re: "fluff" Champs Camp, there were five (non-fluffy) stories posted on IN, based mixed zone interviews and private interviews. I think additional (maybe fluffy?) material was posted on USFS website.
    I think that the original question from Doris might have been whether any non-fluffy VIDEO from Champs Camp had been posted this year.
    Although I recall IN non-fluffy text stories, off the top of my head, I don't remember any non-fluffy video? At least nothing of any length?

  6. #36
    Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Staring at the ocean and smiling.
    Posts
    15,105
    I am a sucker for videos, and failing videos, audio only recordings. So yes, that was it.

  7. #37
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    1,011
    To be frank, I was a little tired of this business of not announcing D&W's FD when they had already shown it at Champs Camp and it was apparently "approved" by USFS.
    I can understand keeping it quiet until Champs Camp, but really, not after. I joined the teleconference a few minutes late, but I don't think anyone had previously asked about their FD, (perhaps Lynn can correct me) so as soon as I could I simply asked if they were skating to Notre-Dame de Paris. There were 14 people on the call, but only a few of us actually asked any questions.

  8. #38
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    215
    There were questions prior to your joining the call. I think some reporters took the "one question and limit yourself to one follow-up" seriously, so perhaps some did not ask quite as many questions about the FD, as they would have otherwise.

    Re: not announcing programs sooner - I don't know why Davis and White preferred to keep their FD choice under the radar. However, as we all know, there are instances (including this year, although not involving Davis and White) when programs shown at Champs Camp are later scrapped/revised after feedback is received. So, some skaters may prefer to wait a few weeks after Champs Camp, and then additional monitoring of the new program, to announce music. That's the only reason I can think of, anyway.

  9. #39
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    1,011
    Quote Originally Posted by nylynnr View Post
    There were questions prior to your joining the call. I think some reporters took the "one question and limit yourself to one follow-up" seriously, so perhaps some did not ask quite as many questions about the FD, as they would have otherwise.

    Re: not announcing programs sooner - I don't know why Davis and White preferred to keep their FD choice under the radar. However, as we all know, there are instances (including this year, although not involving Davis and White) when programs shown at Champs Camp are later scrapped/revised after feedback is received. So, some skaters may prefer to wait a few weeks after Champs Camp, and then additional monitoring of the new program, to announce music. That's the only reason I can think of, anyway.
    LOL! I will admit to asking more than a few questions, causing Renee Felton, the moderator to try to censor me, but since it appeared that I was the last one to get to ask a question, I decided to ask as many as I could.

    I didn't get to ask why their bio listed a Frank Sinatra medley for the FD and, if true, why they changed it. Perhaps I will get that chance at SA.

  10. #40
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    2,606
    Hmmm a Frank Sinatra medlay at the very least would have been a departure for them. Oh please, we do not need Charlie to be a Gwendal. Charlie needs to be a Charlie. Besides Anasinna and Pezerotl are far more dramatic than Charlie and Meryl who are more subtle. I don't think Meryl is diva enough to be Anasinna

  11. #41
    Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Staring at the ocean and smiling.
    Posts
    15,105
    Meryl will not be trying to be Anissina. She will be trying to be Esmeralda, as danced by Meryl.

  12. #42
    ...and a bag of chips
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    406
    Quote Originally Posted by dorispulaski View Post

    Meryl has studied dance, and she now moves really like a ballerina.
    This I have to see! Meryl must have really changed her way of moving over the summer to get a quote like this. What about Charlie?

  13. #43
    Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Staring at the ocean and smiling.
    Posts
    15,105
    Charlie is supposed to move like a hunchback in Notre-Dame de Paris, yes? Clearly, he will not have ballet lines.

    Marina always seems to get a bit excessive about whatever team she is being interviewed about, I must say.

  14. #44
    Medalist
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    83
    Quote Originally Posted by KKonas View Post
    To be frank, I was a little tired of this business of not announcing D&W's FD when they had already shown it at Champs Camp and it was apparently "approved" by USFS.
    I can understand keeping it quiet until Champs Camp, but really, not after. I joined the teleconference a few minutes late, but I don't think anyone had previously asked about their FD, (perhaps Lynn can correct me) so as soon as I could I simply asked if they were skating to Notre-Dame de Paris. There were 14 people on the call, but only a few of us actually asked any questions.
    Don't they tend to wait until about a week and a half before Skate America to make some big announcement to drum up excitement for their debut? I'm assuming it's a D&W / USFSA decision as Marina doesn 't seem to do this with V&M or Shibs. The way it's done, with all the quotes gathered and saved for one big announcement, makes it appear Marina is putting her weight behind them and because it's done so close to Skate America people don't have time to forget about them so the anticipation and excitement carries over to their debut.

  15. #45
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    215
    Quote Originally Posted by CAS View Post
    Don't they tend to wait until about a week and a half before Skate America to make some big announcement to drum up excitement for their debut? I'm assuming it's a D&W / USFSA decision as Marina doesn 't seem to do this with V&M or Shibs. The way it's done, with all the quotes gathered and saved for one big announcement, makes it appear Marina is putting her weight behind them and because it's done so close to Skate America people don't have time to forget about them so the anticipation and excitement carries over to their debut.
    You might be reading too much into things and overanalyzing a bit. Sometimes articles are published on certain dates because that's when the reporter happens to finish them.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •