Kavaguti and Smirnov to open Sochi ice rink | Golden Skate

Kavaguti and Smirnov to open Sochi ice rink

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Japan-born Kavaguti and Smirnov, who won the European pairs title in 2010 and also finished fourth at the Vancouver Olympics that year, will be competing in the Russian Federation Cup this weekend, the organisers said on Friday.

More

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
You know I would love to see K and S make a huge jump artistically and technically but I doubt it will happen this year. I think if this team could spend some time working on a real concept and relationship and work on some additional bigger tricks. She is a fighter so more difficult triple jumps; riskier lifts that create oos and awes and better costumes - maybe this team could give Ssquared; V and T and Pang and Tong a run for their money ( I really do not want to see and S and Z type come back just to go for Oly gold - though I don't think it will be so easy for p and t if they want gold at Sochi. I kind of feel Ssquared and P and T had their chance so now I am cheering for a russian team. But I do beqieve the Germans are the team to beat looking at the fact V and T have not improved technically with more difficult elements - they are being beaten tes wise by the Americans almost.