Men's FS JGP Croatia 2012 | Golden Skate

Men's FS JGP Croatia 2012

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Maxim scored FS of 149.72
apparently he did 4T-2T , 3A-3T, 3A in his FS

his PCS still has a lot for improvement but
I must say Kovtun has more potential than some of the other Russian men like the Gachinski

Last edited:

gmyers

Record Breaker
Kovtun was great and fulfilled expectations for this jgp event and surpassed them.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Kovtun was great and fulfilled expectations for this jgp event and surpassed them.

If Russia gets 2 spots for men in the Olympics
If he keeps this up maybe we might see Kovtun over Gachinski ?

imo, Gachinski isn't very much reliable, his not so good records speak for it self :think:

gmyers

Record Breaker
At this point Gachinski does have higher PCS from the Russian compeition judges and Kovtun really has to beat him head to head at a russian nationals and/or Euros. I am not sure when Kovtun is going senior. Maybe he will enter senior russian nationals this year and try to go senior worlds and euros and not aim for junior worlds but some defeat of gachinski is necessary I think to remove gachinski from the judges favor.

Macassar88

Medalist
This is kind of a weird comparison, but does anyone see how I could think that Kovtun and Butyrskaya are similar? I think it's the way that they land their jumps - there's an awkward elegance about both of them.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
US Figure Skating tweets that Nathan Chen withdrew due to an injured lower leg. He will be evaluated back in the US, after he returns.

Mao88

Record Breaker
MEN'S COMPETITION - VIDEOS & RESULT

1. Maxim KOVTUN (RUS) - 219.19
Short Program, Free Skate
2. Han YAN (CHN) - 212.10
3. Harrison CHOATE (USA) - 185.39
4. Jin Seo KIM (KOR) - 176.43
5. Andrei ZUBER (RUS) - 162.88
6. Michael Christian MARTINEZ (PHI) - 162.40
7. Petr COUFAL (CZE) - 160.30
8. Sei KAWAHARA (JPN) - 158.80
9. Chih-I TSAO (TPE) - 155.30
10. David KRANJEC (AUS) - 150.20
11. Pavel IGNATENKO (BLR) - 146.55
12. Mitchell GORDON (CAN) - 139.33

silverlake22

Record Breaker
Is Han Yan definitely out of GPF?

Unless Kovtun tanks next week, then yes. 3 men have already qualified (Farris, Brown, Jin) and both Hino and Tanaka are ahead of Yan in the standings as is. Kovtun with a 6th place or higher in Germany would still slot in ahead of Yan, and there's also Samarin who had a 3rd place at his first event that would qualify before Yan with a 3rd place or higher. So I think the only way Yan gets in is if Samarin places 4th or lower AND Kovtun places 6th or lower - which is unlikely to happen. Shotaro Omori could also bump Yan down a spot if he's 2nd or higher. So really, I highly doubt Yan will qualify. Shocking really.

giulia95

Medalist
Many thanks for the explanation Silverlake :)

I agree with you that it's absolutely shocking !