Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Plushenko ready for 'big' Olympic fight

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by gmyers View Post
    A part of plushenkos immediate reaction was to blame the system and not the skaters. He did not like what happened and said so but it really is behind him at this point. His goal is Sochi now and the system changes with regard to point values of quads and less penalty for failure now you have senior b and junior grand prix winners doing quads. And almost all of them are younger and healthier but he is going for two quads now and as an effect needs frontloading so he may get beat again even if he is clean by someone with two quads and backloaded 3 Axels. But they may not have his drive to win in Sochi.
    We shall see, if there will be some one with two quads and backloaded 3axels in 18 month time, plus Plushenko's psc.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by seniorita View Post
    If his goal is Olympics, which is, if he gets beaten in the competitions before Sochi it will only make him good, actually that was my objection with Euros 2010 that they didnt send him a message for his programs. He wont get harmed by losing to several people at Euros and Worlds, this might be a feedback, his motivation and wake up call a la Chan Especially at Worlds that wont win anyway but it is better cause I believe in the curse
    Plushenko wake up call was in Vancouver, since then his programs are much better of course to his limits

In Japan he got standing ovation even with the fall.

Quote Originally Posted by gmyers View Post
    A part of plushenkos immediate reaction was to blame the system and not the skaters. He did not like what happened and said so but it really is behind him at this point. i.
    Evan was very clear about this - he said backstage Plushy congratulated him, shook hands, was a good guy and a good sport.

If Plush said a few things afterwards to the press - who can blame him. He was so close to being "like Dick Button" and to finish second in such a close decision- which he felt he won - had to be more disappointing than most of us could ever realize.

I sure hope he is at Sochi - healthy and prepared to give his best.

What more could any skating fan hope for than to see a legend at his last event putting it all on the line. And if that is not dramatic enough we get to see this happen on his home ice.

This will be so good even NBC should be able to make something special out of it.

leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    Of course he would get SO with a fall, it was a bonus to see him falling on a 2A
    Japan fans is not the measure though when it comes to Plush

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by seniorita View Post
    Of course he would get SO with a fall, it was a bonus to see him falling on a 2A
    Japan fans is not the measure though when it comes to Plush
    Well actually they are perfect the measure, I wouldn’t underestimate Japanese fans, they are the most knowledgeable one.
    You would think British audience not knowledgeable, but they gave him SO too, which was surprise to me. It was like they were waiting only for Plushenko to skate. Do you think British wouldn’t give him SO with one fall, I doubt. Two British ladies, who were seating beside us, told me, they brought Russian flag just for Plushenko.

leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bestskate8 View Post
    Well actually they are perfect the measure, I wouldn’t underestimate Japanese fans, they are the most knowledgeable one.
    I dont underestimate them,on the contrary, I only said it because I know he is very popular there and they go crazy about him.

You would think British audience not knowledgeable, but they gave him SO too, which was surprise to me. It was like they were waiting only for Plushenko to skate. Do you think British wouldn’t give him SO with one fall, I doubt. Two British ladies, who were seating beside us, told me, they brought Russian flag just for Plushenko.
    I'm not surprised, Tomas Verner: " it's without mentioning of Evgeni Plushenko - probably the only one skater in the world, capable alone to filed full arena. "

Just remembered, after Torino he was very popular in UK, Ari, his agent has organized some shows in UK. But Plush has canceled because he choose the Tv show, where he worked like a presenter of the show. And Victoria Beckham would have paid him 1,000 pounds per hour, if Plushy teaches to skate her boys..

Look at this!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZsEpvr0_eV4 or this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-6WJ6O0wB8

from 12:50

one of the british ladies on small medall ceremony:

- Would you marry me?

Plushy:- What your name? Well.... "I am married... It's good that my wife is not here. ...THX! )))))))))
    Last edited by plushyfan; 10-09-2012 at 06:41 AM.

Custom Title
    Plushenko wake up call was in Vancouver, since then his programs are much better of course to his limits

In Japan he got standing ovation even with the fall.
    Why not, although with a fall, it is still a well performed program, very elegant. And he did two quads and a beautiful 3A

Quote Originally Posted by Living on the Edge View Post
    ""Quad is quad. If the Olympic champion doesn't know how to jump the quad, I don't know," Plushenko said afterward. "Now it's not men's figure skating, it's dancing. That's my point."

Whether he had anything to do with the platinum medal or not, that quote right there shows his attitude. He lost on his own strength (technique) and refuses to admit it and will hold it against Lysacek probably forever.
    If Plush would have been alone in his opinion, then I should say, you're right. But a lot of people, FS experts, coaches, skaters agreed with him and supported him. And Plushenko won the war, the ISU has changed the rules.
    And he had never attacked Evan personally, and he didn't say the quad is everything, he said few points of the difficult jump. Evan said about Plushy he is a great guy even after Vancouver, and he also said in this spring, that Plushy is the best skater in history. Maybe he was polite, but i don't think, that he would say, if he doesn't think it, in this situation.

Plushy and Evan in October of 2010.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r1M0r...feature=relmfu
    Last edited by plushyfan; 10-08-2012 at 11:22 AM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3