Page 19 of 50 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ... LastLast

Thread: Mao Asada

Quote Originally Posted by makaihime View Post
    So with the reappearance of !/e calls, do you think this will impact Mao's decision to retire....?
    No instead, I think team Sato may consider other layouts that could maximize her points, I also think that if Mao decides to continue she and her coaches know what to focus on, and how to prepare in the best way by now.

I think the real question will be is Sato capable of continuing being a full time coach, I wouldn't be surprised if Mao decided to hire someone else too, because if I remember right I think Sato once mentioned that he was not able to travel as much as before.

Custard Title
    If she continues, this would rule out the possibility of an "ultimate SP" from Mao (3A, 3F-3Lo, 3Lz) for the immediate future. In the LP, she might replace the 3Lz with a 2A, though continuing her current layout really wouldn't cost her that much; she gets -GOE already, another 1.8 point deduction isn't that much when she has 7 other triples planned. I do wish she'd try once more to at least improve her Lutz to a '!' but that's probably too much to expect.

Quote Originally Posted by CarneAsada View Post
    If she continues, this would rule out the possibility of an "ultimate SP" from Mao (3A, 3F-3Lo, 3Lz) for the immediate future. In the LP, she might replace the 3Lz with a 2A, though continuing her current layout really wouldn't cost her that much; she gets -GOE already, another 1.8 point deduction isn't that much when she has 7 other triples planned. I do wish she'd try once more to at least improve her Lutz to a '!' but that's probably too much to expect.
    Even without the 3lz as long as she adds 3f-3lo in the sp along with the 3A, it would be enough to set a new record.

Custard Title
    Does anyone know of any news from Mao on whether she will continue? I'm sure there's nothing about it in English, so are there any Japanese speakers who can tell us of any new developments?

Size 7 Knife Boots Sam-Skwantch's Avatar
    I'm wondering the same thing. When is the deadline to notify ISU of intent to compete. You would think in fairness to the Feds and skaters there should be at least a week or two to know their seedlings before selecting the first events.

On a personal level and for many reasons, I hope she takes an entire year off and starts training the day after 2015 Worlds for her return in the 2015-2016 season

Custard Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam-Skwantch View Post
    I'm wondering the same thing. When is the deadline to notify ISU of intent to compete. You would think in fairness to the Feds and skaters there should be at least a week or two to know their seedlings before selecting the first events.

On a personal level and for many reasons, I hope she takes an entire year off and starts training the day after 2015 Worlds for her return in the 2015-2016 season
    Off topic but the way you said "seedlings" makes me imagine the skaters as little trees. I don't know what the deadline is, but it seems like the ISU doesn't care too much. Yuna Kim was scheduled for two events but she pulled out due to her foot injury. I'm sure competitors can cancel pretty close to the competition date.

d

I am a bit ambivalent about Mao continuing, so I will be happy with whatever she decides, so long as it is what she wants. The suspense is really getting to me though. I decided to write a few lines about Mao.

Pirouetting on a pliant blade
    that glides lightly across the ice
    as sharply clipped wing tips
    soaring through the sky,
    forming acrobatic arabesques
    that carve serpentine arcs into the ice.
    Fully stretched leg extensions
    rotating in a tight semi-circle.
    Mesmerized by multi-directional step sequences
    that dig into the emotions from every angle,
    tapping channels into the tear ducts
    like peeling layers off an onion
    to reveal the full depth of human expression.
    The pulse pounds as she tackles the triple axel.
    With arrow straight back
    and beautifully tight symmetrical spirals,
    she drills whip-saw chills into the tingling spine.
    Then in an exquisite wave-like motion
    she releases us into the ebb and flow
    of redemption and melancholy.

Quote Originally Posted by gotoschool View Post
    I am a bit ambivalent about Mao continuing, so I will be happy with whatever she decides, so long as it is what she wants. The suspense is really getting to me though. I decided to write a few lines about Mao.

Pirouetting on a pliant blade
    that glides lightly across the ice
    as sharply clipped wing tips
    soaring through the sky,
    forming acrobatic arabesques
    that carve serpentine arcs into the ice.
    Fully stretched leg extensions
    rotating in a tight semi-circle.
    Mesmerized by multi-directional step sequences
    that dig into the emotions from every angle,
    tapping channels into the tear ducts
    like peeling layers off an onion
    to reveal the full depth of human expression.
    The pulse pounds as she tackles the triple axel.
    With arrow straight back
    and beautifully tight symmetrical spirals,
    she drills whip-saw chills into the tingling spine.
    Then in an exquisite wave-like motion
    she releases us into the ebb and flow
    of redemption and melancholy.
    Well described gotoschool, it's always interesting to see what kind of association and emotions people get after watching a a really great performance.

Rinkside
    Mao seems to take a year off according to this news.

I am not sure if she comes back after the break, but hope she will enjoy her life and skating with no burden.

Custard Title
    I guess she is sitting this season out then. If she comes back, I hope her break is enough rest and she can come back better than ever. If she doesn't, then I'll miss her but at least we can appreciate her magnificent performances from the past decade.

I'm not entirely sure but I think this is the video of the press conference she did where she announces her break next season.

http://youtu.be/vnUncU1BrFw

Rinkside
    Mao is so elegant and her skating seems to be so easy and without any kind of effort..... She´s great, I like her even more than Yuna Kim, and her FP of the OWG was breathtaking

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJChxuXE6WY

Here are some of Mao's performances from denis's show, I wish the video recording was of better quality but regardless I atleast appreciate that it was filmed and uploaded. sometimes I wonder whether people who make these shows are aware of how we fans around the world are eager to see the performances too, especially when denis has invited some of the worlds best skaters to attend his show, but it's a pretty new show, so maybe that will change in the near future. It really would be such a waste not to get professionals to record the it.

it's fancam:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6MCTsUN05Nw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HpYbabnsIoo

I already look forward to Mao's show The Ice, and the good quality videos

Page 19 of 50 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ... LastLast