Mao Asada | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Mao Asada

mary01

Final Flight
Congratulations to Mao for winning her fourth grand prix title! I am so happy that she skated such a wonderful performance in the SP at possibly her last GPF event. Her first win in 2005 really feels like yesterday.

It really does feel like yesterday, especially when they played nutcracker in the gala, I almost thought that Mao would skate to it again.

lcd

Match Penalty
Striking and impressive delivery by a champion. After missing both of the opening high risk elements in the Free, she still absolutely stood and delivered for the balance of the program. One could say that if you didn't know how the opening two jumping passes went, you would think from the final climactic footwork section that it was a victory dance of emotion. Outstanding!

yuki

Final Flight

nagoya

Rinkside
with her layout now , she have the more chances of winning gold! mao chan gambatte!

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
Oh wow, Mao looks so good. What a joy it would be if she could get that gold medal! I hope that she can win the SP at least!

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
Oh, he is crying.... :cry: Daisuke must know what it feels like. I just hope that, if the nerves hit her again tonight, she can take part in Worlds and win her final World Champion Title. She deserves it!

deedee1

Record Breaker
oh no. breaks my heart once again...I hope Mao forgets about all these 'insanely' heavy expectitions from J media and its people, for once, and will skate her FS at Sochi just for herself and for the ones she loves. Best of luck to Mao tonight.

lcd

Match Penalty
Simply no words. She said (apparently through translation) that she had lost her fight and that it had become a mental battle. So sad for her, but she is and will always be a beloved treasure and wondrous skater.

Silvia451

Record Breaker
Country
Romania
This was an impressive performance I'll never forget.
Congratulations Mao, no matter who wins, this was your night!

yyyskate

Record Breaker
I want to express my respect for Mao as a Yuna uber.
That was true grit! Best skate of her life!
I wish her good luck in the future and finally relax, smile and enjoy skating and life from now on!

yuki

Final Flight
She did it! :yay:
I'm still a bit mad about the scoring, but in the end it doesn't matter that much. What she achieved here tonight and what she managed to prove to the world and to herself is beyond medals and placements.

Zarya

Rinkside
So beautiful! I'm so happy for her that she put down a skate like that. So emotional. I had tears for her at the end of that performance.