Mao Asada | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Mao Asada

Celine

On the Ice
I agree. Love both programs. Mao = elegant.
Seems very much on track to plan on and present actualy programs in the back half of July. Good for her. Go Mao!

lcd

Match Penalty
Any hints of Mao competing before the Grand Prix season other than Japan Open?

mary01

Final Flight
Any hints of Mao competing before the Grand Prix season other than Japan Open?

I don't think she will attend anything else, she usually never does. She even opted out attending a number of shows in this offseason. Japan Open will most likely be the first competition she will be attending.

astronaut

Rinkside
Add me to the Mao Asada Bandwagon. :popcorn: She has grown on me over the years. She is also, imo, the frontrunner with regards to the big Olympics.

Mike

christopher84

Spectator
I love Mao Asada's short AND long programs this year. I do believe that she has grown as a skater in her footwork, artistry, and spins... which I believe is very hard to do. I really don't like the fact that Yuna Kim gets higher PCS than Asada, because I don't think that Kim has that much better artistry than Asada and that she really hasn't done anything to "reinvent" herself in the past 4 years. What Kim DOES have that Asada doesn't is speed across the ice, but I think that she has the more speed because she doesn't have as much footwork or as many "in-betweens" as Asada does.

Also the fact that Kim gets high GOE on her jumps is ridiculous, because her free foot isn't that stretched out on the landing and she doesn't have that much speed going out of it. So Asada and Kim's GOE should really be that different in numbers. Just look at 2010 Vancouver, even though Kim landed more triples than Asada, Kim's GOE was way too high and she was like 20 points (?) above Asada, which I think is very unfair. Asada even landed 3 triple axels combined and she wouldn't have even been close to matching Kim's scores even if they had the same number of triples.

I really want Asada to win Olympic Gold because she has improved so much, however, her triples do seem to be a bit underrotated and unfortunately they don't seem to be that reliable as Kim's triples. I'm sort of thinking that even if they both skate cleanly that Kim will win because of her unfairly high PCS and GOE. Asada would probably have to have 3-4 more triples than Kim to probably just barely beat her. Asada's PCS's this year should be closer to 75-78, rather than just 70 in my opinion.

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker
I can't find the thread about Mao's plans to maybe include 2 3As in her LP... but the lovely ladies over at fb posted a video with an interview about that. Mao will go for 2 3A's, it seems, one instead of the 3Lz.
There's a video that includes some practices and around 4:00 you can see a beautiful 3A followed by a beautiful 3A2T :love:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zg834tyWN84

miki88

Medalist
Congratulations to Mao for winning her fourth grand prix title! I am so happy that she skated such a wonderful performance in the SP at possibly her last GPF event. Her first win in 2005 really feels like yesterday.