Mao Asada | Page 8 | Golden Skate

Mao Asada

deedee1

Record Breaker
Goooo MAO! Skate with all your heart at the coming Worlds in your home turf! We all are cheering for you! :yay::party:

Poice

Final Flight
I wish Mao another stunning performances like her LP in Sochi. Her jumps in practices look great so I'm quite calm :) It will be difficult to win gold but she can do it. She just needs to skate as if there is no tomorrow, just like in Sochi.

YesWay

四年もかけて&#
Record Breaker
WOW! I just saw Mao's score for her short program at World's!

Am I right in thinking that's a new world record?! *_*

I can't wait to see it when I get home later! I never thought this SP could get any better than her sublimely beautiful performance at the Grand Prix final... but with that score, I'm expecting this to be one of the most amazing performances of all time! (Right up there with her Sochi FS...)

Maria Victoria

Record Breaker
Mao was great and she brought me to tears. If her FP is anything like what she put out in Sochi, this Worlds may very well be the greatest competition in her life.

roxella

On the Ice
OMG,I am so happy for Mao :) I hope she'll skate her long program as good as she did at the Olympics :) She is a fighter! And I am so so sorry that after this Worlds she'll retire :(

And I feel so sorry that her thread has only 10 pages...it should have over 100...

Hanmgse

Record Breaker
Mao's performance was flawless today, a very deserved WR, wish her the best at the FS. Go Mao :yay:

CarneAsada

Medalist
OMG,I am so happy for Mao :) I hope she'll skate her long program as good as she did at the Olympics :) She is a fighter! And I am so so sorry that after this Worlds she'll retire :(

And I feel so sorry that her thread has only 10 pages...it should have over 100...
It's funny how Mao's fan thread is so tiny, and it was started so late. A little unexpected. But that SP today was beautiful. Definitely worthy of the WR.

gotoschool

Medalist
Mao always seems to have to work so hard for her PCS score, but she digs so deep beneath the sea of human emotion that every precious decimal point shines more brilliantly than a polished pearl; and her technical was so outstanding that she still got the world record SP anyway!!! She has brought me to tears again and again. She's off the charts in the Tear Jerker Component Score. Come on- just one more time. Relive the Sochi LP and you will be home free. Focus and unite exquisite artistry with technical mastery, as only you can, Mao-Chan!!

miki88

Medalist
Beautiful SP! I'm so glad she finally got to perform a perfect Nocturne at Worlds. :)

It's funny how Mao's fan thread is so tiny, and it was started so late. A little unexpected. But that SP today was beautiful. Definitely worthy of the WR.

Considering the number of threads about Mao that were started in the general forum over the years and then became unpleasant, I'm sorta glad her fan thread is limited to posters who are genuine fans of her.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I may plaster this forum with endless love for Yulia but don't think for a second I don't have enough love left over for Mao. She is one of the greatest ever and tonight's SP was simply one of those moments that just know you'll never forget! (Thank you YouTube :slink:|). I'm pulling for Mao to go out and win it all. Nothing but respect and best wishes.

roma

On the Ice
Mao was utterly sublime today. That WR is well deserved. A lot of skaters get gifted in PCS while Mao has to work for it -- I agree with that. Tonight's performance deserved even more than what she got esp when you see it live. :)