Page 10 of 50 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast

Thread: Mao Asada

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by YesWay View Post
    Here's a few photos of Mao, that I took at Skate America near the beginning of the season.

Note the free skate costume! I loved that costume, and I was disappointed that she changed to a different one after Skate America. I thought she was never going to wear it again... but she brought it back (slightly modified) for the Olympics! For THAT free skate! As if that performance wasn't already memorable enough!

Anyway, I'll be cheering for many of the ladies at World's - but most of all Mao.
    Hoping she will enjoy herself and skate her best! Ganbatte, Mao-chan!
    Your photos are amazing. You really have very good eyes.

I love her FS dress too especially the one from OG. Didn't she say that the first dress from Skate America made from a very uncomfortable material? The new one has much more details and I guess she changed the fabric too. The FS dress from the NHK was very pretty too.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by BusyMom View Post

I love her FS dress too especially the one from OG. Didn't she say that the first dress from Skate America made from a very uncomfortable material? The new one has much more details and I guess she changed the fabric too. The FS dress from the NHK was very pretty too.
    I hadn't heard that, but that would make sense. Looking closely, although the Olympic costume was the same design as Skate America, it looks like a new costume (rather than the old one, modified).

I liked the one she used for the rest of the season too - just I liked the SA/Olympics one more. Really dramatic and eye-catching.

On the other hand, I liked the newer SP costume she used, rather than the one at the start of the season.

Can't believe I'm talking ladies' figure skating costumes O_o Maybe I'd better go work out or something haha.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by YesWay View Post
    Can't believe I'm talking ladies' figure skating costumes O_o Maybe I'd better go work out or something haha.
    nahh..no need. I have some male colleagues who have better fashion senses than women. You're safe.

Custard Title
    Quote Originally Posted by BusyMom View Post

I agree, great photos YesWay. I think Mao said her dress for Skate America was very heavy and the fabric was not stretchy enough, so she switched to her first Bells of Moscow dress (lol) because it was more comfortable. Then for the Olympics she got a remake of the SA dress because so many of her fans liked the design.

Custom Title
    YesWay, I just got to look at your photos. They're wonderful! Thanks so much.

Custom Title
    Goooo MAO! Skate with all your heart at the coming Worlds in your home turf! We all are cheering for you!

Custom Title
    I wish Mao another stunning performances like her LP in Sochi. Her jumps in practices look great so I'm quite calm It will be difficult to win gold but she can do it. She just needs to skate as if there is no tomorrow, just like in Sochi.

Custom Title
    WOW! I just saw Mao's score for her short program at World's!

Am I right in thinking that's a new world record?! *_*

I can't wait to see it when I get home later! I never thought this SP could get any better than her sublimely beautiful performance at the Grand Prix final... but with that score, I'm expecting this to be one of the most amazing performances of all time! (Right up there with her Sochi FS...)

Yes, that's a new WR.
    It was a perfect program. I'm speechless. Well done, Mao!

Custom Title
    Mao was great and she brought me to tears. If her FP is anything like what she put out in Sochi, this Worlds may very well be the greatest competition in her life.

OMG,I am so happy for Mao I hope she'll skate her long program as good as she did at the Olympics She is a fighter! And I am so so sorry that after this Worlds she'll retire :(

And I feel so sorry that her thread has only 10 pages...it should have over 100...

Custom Title
    Somewhere over the rainbow where blue birds fly
    Mao's performance was flawless today, a very deserved WR, wish her the best at the FS. Go Mao

Mao, please don't retire..

Size 7 Knife Boots Sam-Skwantch's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Silvia451 View Post
    Mao, please don't retire..
    I'll second that!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sam-Skwantch View Post

I'll second that!!
    I'll third that!

Page 10 of 50 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast