Mao Asada | Page 106 | Golden Skate

Mao Asada

veneresplende

Rinkside

hurrah

Medalist
OMG! X 1000!!!

I wish Gracie hadn't gotten in the way, but by the way she landed it, that had to have been on the outside edge!!!!

With a correct lutz, that would basically make her unbeatable, as long as she skates uninjured! :cheer:

Krunchii

Record Breaker
here's a new clip, you can see for yourself since the angle is better
https://mobile.twitter.com/attrice47/status/650075587038584832

I said earlier in the thread that Mao would never give up, she didn't and the edge looks so much better. Sometimes skaters revert back in competition so I don't know how the edge will hold up when they come around but this is a huge improvement after taking a year off. She only started seriously training this year, just fantastic to see.

Even if she does get a e her other technical elements look sound enough and her GOEs and PCS should be one of the highest if not the highest. Can't wait:cheer:

largeman

choice beef
Medalist
This was a double, right? I remember reading here (in one of the MANY discussions threads about Mao's flutz) that she has been able to do a perfect 2Lz for a long time. But she just couldn't pull off a correct edge 3Lz.

Krunchii

Record Breaker
This was a double, right? I remember reading here (in one of the MANY discussions threads about Mao's flutz) that she has been able to do a perfect 2Lz for a long time. But she just couldn't pull off a correct edge 3Lz.

Wow just realized I saw it wrong, probably got too excited, either way I read that Mao and Nobuo Sato have been working on 3Lz so I'm guessing she's doing what she did in 2010-2011 with her other jumps and working on the basics and the jump entrance and then upping the rotations.

largeman

choice beef
Medalist
Wow just realized I saw it wrong, probably got too excited, either way I read that Mao and Nobuo Sato have been working on 3Lz so I'm guessing she's doing what she did in 2010-2011 with her other jumps and working on the basics and the jump entrance and then upping the rotations.

Agree. And this was indeed very beautiful and I wouldn't even mind if she put it in her program (will probably get +2 from all judges haha). But someone said in the same thread that having a 2Lz is too juniorish, which is true.

yyyskate

Record Breaker
Agree. And this was indeed very beautiful and I wouldn't even mind if she put it in her program (will probably get +2 from all judges haha). But someone said in the same thread that having a 2Lz is too juniorish, which is true.

I was suspecting that is a 2lz as well. just not sure. therefore, didnot have to guts to voice my opinion. I have seen Mao do correct edge 2lz myself in person at SA.

Meoima

Match Penalty
From that angle it's hard to tell because they don't show her blades fully.

But I bet 98% that Mao will do well and that all skaters in team Japan will do well, land all of their jumps and win.

Lmao I was so right. :popcorn:

CarneAsada

Medalist
What a great start to the season for Mao! Has she ever been in such good shape at the start of the season? I really hope she can sustain this the whole way through.

Franklin99

Medalist
What a great start to the season for Mao! Has she ever been in such good shape at the start of the season? I really hope she can sustain this the whole way through.

Mao on top. Liza fell on her 3A and doubled her second 3T in the combo. 128.34 is her score.

gotoschool

Medalist
It's great that Mao skated so well. She is such a hero for coming back to give such magnificent performances. I can't wait to see it. But from the clips I saw of her LP compared to other performances I have seen this season, I thought Mao should get more PCS advantage, especially if she went cleaner than the other top PCS skaters. In any case, I am so happy for her victory!

Last edited:

paperhearts

Final Flight
Congratulations to Mao for a job well done! I hope she stays consistent until the end, or at least continue to be pleased with her results. :) This season is going to be very exciting!

inskate

On the Ice
What a great start to the season for Mao! Has she ever been in such good shape at the start of the season?

Now that I think of it, no :laugh: She had solid skates as a junior and in her first senior season, but she wasn't doing a full set of triples back then. JO 2013 was the most close, although, judging from the score, Mao did better today :cool: