Page 11 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast

Thread: Mao Asada

Quote Originally Posted by Sam-Skwantch View Post

I'll second that!!
    I'll third that!

Custard Title
    Quote Originally Posted by roxella View Post
    OMG,I am so happy for Mao I hope she'll skate her long program as good as she did at the Olympics She is a fighter! And I am so so sorry that after this Worlds she'll retire :(

And I feel so sorry that her thread has only 10 pages...it should have over 100...
    It's funny how Mao's fan thread is so tiny, and it was started so late. A little unexpected. But that SP today was beautiful. Definitely worthy of the WR.

Custom Title
    Mao always seems to have to work so hard for her PCS score, but she digs so deep beneath the sea of human emotion that every precious decimal point shines more brilliantly than a polished pearl; and her technical was so outstanding that she still got the world record SP anyway!!! She has brought me to tears again and again. She's off the charts in the Tear Jerker Component Score. Come on- just one more time. Relive the Sochi LP and you will be home free. Focus and unite exquisite artistry with technical mastery, as only you can, Mao-Chan!!

Custard Title
    Quote Originally Posted by gotoschool View Post
    Mao always seems to have to work so hard for her PCS score, but her technical was so outstanding that she still got the world record SP!!! Just one more time. Relive the Sochi LP and you will be home free. Mao-Chan
    She made me tear up twice, once with her Sochi LP and once today. Maybe she'll do it again in the LP.

I'll third that!
    And I'll fourth that.

Mashimaro on Ice
    Beautiful SP! I'm so glad she finally got to perform a perfect Nocturne at Worlds.

Quote Originally Posted by CarneAsada View Post
    It's funny how Mao's fan thread is so tiny, and it was started so late. A little unexpected. But that SP today was beautiful. Definitely worthy of the WR.
    Considering the number of threads about Mao that were started in the general forum over the years and then became unpleasant, I'm sorta glad her fan thread is limited to posters who are genuine fans of her.

Size 7 Knife Boots Sam-Skwantch's Avatar
    I may plaster this forum with endless love for Yulia but don't think for a second I don't have enough love left over for Mao. She is one of the greatest ever and tonight's SP was simply one of those moments that just know you'll never forget! (Thank you YouTube |). I'm pulling for Mao to go out and win it all. Nothing but respect and best wishes.

Tripping on the Podium
    Mao was utterly sublime today. That WR is well deserved. A lot of skaters get gifted in PCS while Mao has to work for it -- I agree with that. Tonight's performance deserved even more than what she got esp when you see it live.

Not many hours left, so I came to say good luck.
    You are already a queen, Mao!

Banned
    good luck to Mao
    I think today she will finally lay on that two 3A LP

Good luck,Mao!
    You can do it! Fighting!!

Custard Title
    Congratulations, Mao, on your 3rd World Championship title! You now have the most WC titles of any skater since Michelle Kwan.

Congratulations,Mao for this great accomplishment And I am really sorry that you'll retire

And if someone found the video from her LP today,please share it here...

Custom Title
    Congratulations,Mao for this great accomplishment And I am really sorry that you'll retire

And if someone found the video from her LP today,please share it here...
    Congratulations Mao on the greatest comeback in figure skating history!!! From a 55 SP at Sochi to the monumental Sochi LP, world record Sp, grace under pressure Worlds LP, your third World Championship and personal best overall score by more than 9 points!!! You are my heroine!! I thought she said she was only 50 / 50 on retirement. I really don't think she will retire. She probably wants to break her tie with Slutskaya for the most Grand Prix Final Championship titles at 4, challenge Kwan's 5 world titles and the Japanese Skating Federation will surely put a lot of pressure on her to continue. She has a monk-like dedication to the sport and this is arguably her best season: World record SP, Stunning Sochi LP, grace under pressure World LP, Grand Prix and World Championship, overall best score, highest PCS and technical score, and best skating speed in the Worlds LP, hence best PCS. This is the best she has ever been. She really shouldn't quit. Besides, who else can stand up to the Russian revolution?

Here is a link for her Worlds LP. To be honest, it still brings me to tears. There is only the one step out to distract from perfection. The tech panel was just vicious today on all skaters but particularly Asian skaters, though I think the podium placements are correct. I might even have placed the Russian Anna at third. I really like her and Yulia too, but not nearly as much as monumental and majestic Mao.

Here is a quick link, though it is not in HD: http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...reeskate&sm=12

Custom Title
    First lady to win 3 world titles under current rules! Well done Mao!

Not exactly the performance she was looking for, if this was indeed her last competition... 3 UR calls (surprised that 3A was called UR?!)... an edge violation... silly mistake on the 2A and missed combination... but still a beautiful, beautiful performance.

I'm so happy for her. omedetou!!!

Custom Title
    Somewhere over the rainbow where blue birds fly
    Congrutations for Mao, she is an amazing skater!

Page 11 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast