Mao Asada | Page 113 | Golden Skate

Mao Asada

yhmafan

Medalist
She is Greatest in my book already. :) The Ultimate Ballerina.

Wow “The Ultimate Ballerina” that sounds great. And as always, I adore the kind of poetic expressions by gotoschool about Mao. :agree:

In my book, she is my skating goddess :biggrin:, who usually brings me happiness.
I would also like to look her as an angel also a samurai/fighter on the ice, actually it is not only me since I know that many have called her that way.
The same goes for Yuzuru Hanyu, is an angel as well as a fighter. For me, It could be a wonder, because I am able to learn a lot by being a fan of them,
not only about the sport but also about life.

I would be very happy if some other skaters will be able to grab the depth of my heart like them in the future...though...

Last edited:

Barb

Record Breaker
The judging has gone mad:slink:

Do you mean Mordovian competition? I think it is inflated, I don´t think at GP and Worlds will be like this. In Russia were more than generous in all the disciplines. The other B competitions were very strict.

Franklin99

Medalist
Do you mean Mordovian competition? I think it is inflated, I don´t think at GP and Worlds will be like this. In Russia were more than generous in all the disciplines. The other B competitions were very strict.

But the tragedy is that those inflated scores at the Mordovian competition counts along with those from the GP, 4CC, and World events, as it is a ISU sanctioned event.

yhmafan

Medalist
But the tragedy is that those inflated scores at the Mordovian competition counts along with those from the GP, 4CC, and World events, as it is a ISU sanctioned event.

It's one tragedy side of this sport and we can do nothing about that. :disapp:
My only hope is that they won’t become unfairly harsh on other skaters (especially on Mao).
There is no good thing that not only for Mao, but also for them that I’ m afraid if people will grew up disliking them due to it, despite the fact that it’s not skaters fault at all.
Also I don’t think that top skaters are very happy if judges would become unjustifiably lenient on them as I believe they must have pride.

urara

Rinkside
Shizuka Arakawa talked about Mao in a TV interview yesterday.
In the interview, She said
" I had an impression that Mao was performing at her highest level in Sochi season, but now she is about to surpass the level easily.
It is unpredictable for me how far she is going, and I'm looking forward to seeing it.
I feel as if she has gone back to the time when she was fifteen with superhuman potential. She is not an ordinary person after all."

Since Shizuka trains in the same rink as Mao, she probably knows how Mao is doing.
Anyway, I can't wait to see her new SP!

hurrah

Medalist
And I say hurrah to that! I hope Mao will realize her potential. As long as she stays healthy, sky 's the limit.

Krunchii

Record Breaker
glad she is back, if Mao becomes a 4 time World Champion, is that a new Cop record ?

Yes she would! If Patrick wins another World title they will tie but in terms of ladies that would give her another COP record, S/S won all 5 of their World titles under COP so they're the overall record holders

wallee

Rinkside
Yes she would! If Patrick wins another World title they will tie but in terms of ladies that would give her another COP record, S/S won all 5 of their World titles under COP so they're the overall record holders

that would be wonderful for Mao :)