Page 120 of 281 FirstFirst ... 20 70 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 170 220 ... LastLast
Results 1,786 to 1,800 of 4215

Thread: Mao Asada

Medalist

0 Not allowed!

Go Ad-Free! Become a GS Supporter! Thank you
    Quote Originally Posted by MAXSwagg View Post
    There's been a lot of base value changes since then. The values are certainly correct.
    Well let's go down this rabbit hole properly (and anyone let me know if this is inappropriate for Mao's fanfest).
    Assuming they're doing the same elements (Yuna allowed her 2A+3T), what would account for such a difference? I have Mao's BV +.2 points higher in the SP and even with Yuna scored more correctly (~75-6 instead of ~78), I wouldn't have had her behind Mao. The differences in jump quality at that point, while not as discrepant as the scores say, are still hard to argue against. Factor in current scrutiny at URs and it's home run for Yuna. As far as the technical panelists is considered, I think they were fair at the time.

Banned

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by begin View Post
    Well let's go down this rabbit hole properly (and anyone let me know if this is inappropriate for Mao's fanfest).
    Assuming they're doing the same elements (Yuna allowed her 2A+3T), what would account for such a difference? I have Mao's BV +.2 points higher in the SP and even with Yuna scored more correctly (~75-6 instead of ~78), I wouldn't have had her behind Mao. The differences in jump quality at that point, while not as discrepant as the scores say, are still hard to argue against. Factor in current scrutiny at URs and it's home run for Yuna. As far as the technical panelists is considered, I think they were fair at the time.
    I think it's okay to discuss. It's still related to the topic.

My short program scores:

Yuna

3Lz+3T +2 GOE
    3F +2 GOE
    LSp4 +1 GOE
    2A +2 GOE
    FSSp4 +2 GOE
    StSq3 +1 GOE
    CCoSp3P4 +1 GOE
    Total: 37.50

SS: 9.20
    TR: 8.44
    PE: 9.70
    CC: 9.55
    IN: 9.31
    Total: 36.96 (I give a score to each criterion and then take the average)

Mao

3A+2T +1 GOE
    3F +2 GOE
    LSp4 +3 GOE
    2A +2 GOE
    FSSp4 +2 GOE
    StSq3 +2 GOE
    CCoSp3P4 +2 GOE
    Total: 38.80

SS: 9.20
    TR: 9.38
    PE: 9.25
    CC: 9.45
    IN: 9.38
    Total: 36.53

FREE SKATING SCORES

Yuna

3Lz+3T +2
    3F +2
    2A+2T+2Lo +2
    FCoSp3P4 +1
    ChSq (in place of SpSq) +2
    2A+3T +2
    3Sx +1
    3Lzx +1
    StSq3 +1
    2Ax +2
    FSSp4 +2
    CCoSp3P4 +1
    Total: 70.85

SS: 9.30
    TR: 8.56
    PE: 9.30
    CC: 9.40
    IN: 9.16
    Total: 73.15

Mao

3A +1
    3A+2T +1
    3F+2Lo +1
    FSSp4 +2
    ChSq +2
    3Lox +2
    3F<+2Lo+2Lox –1
    1Tx 0
    2Ax +1
    FCoSp2P4 +2
    StSq4 +2
    CCoSp3P4 +2
    Total: 67.32

SS: 9.25
    TR: 8.13
    PE: 8.95
    CC: 9.05
    IN: 9.19
    Total: 71.31

1. Yuna: 218.46
    2. Mao: 213.96
    Last edited by MaxSwagg; 08-13-2015 at 10:18 PM.

Medalist

0 Not allowed!
    ^Are we still judging based on how they were skating back in 09-10? Those are wildly high PCS for both skaters.

My scores wouldn't be too different. I would disagree with a few of your GOE's for Mao (mostly the 3Fs) and the 3-combo deduction (if it was close to a << then, she would've been downgraded today).

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by begin View Post
    ^Are we still judging based on how they were skating back in 09-10? Those are wildly high PCS for both skaters.

My scores wouldn't be too different. I would disagree with a few of your GOE's for Mao (mostly the 3Fs) and the 3-combo deduction (if it was close to a << then, she would've been downgraded today).
    I think with factoring from eight other judges those scores would come down a bit That's why one person scoring isn't ever a very reliable thing to go by. Hell....wasn't GOE unfactored back then too.

This isn't to discredit MAXSwag's scoring in any way. I actually applaud you for scoring the programs. It's just that multiple opinions that value varies aspects of skating are just as valid and would likely reflect differences of opinion and likely lower scores once all were accounted for. It's one of the most fair aspects we have left in scoring.
    Last edited by Sam-Skwantch; 08-13-2015 at 11:22 PM.

Banned

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam-Skwantch View Post
    I think with factoring from eight other judges those scores would come down a bit That's why one person scoring isn't ever a very reliable thing to go by. Hell....wasn't GOE unfactored back then too.

This isn't to discredit MAXSwag's scoring in any way. I actually applaud you for scoring the programs. It's just that multiple opinions that value varies aspects of skating are just as valid and would likely reflect differences of opinion and likely lower scores once all were accounted for. It's one of the most fair aspects we have left in scoring.
    Yes, this is using today's SOVs and "scoring trends" in terms of components. I scored these some months ago so... And yes, the other "judges" scores would give more of a consensus. This I just how I felt about the programs when I was scoring them at that time. As far as GOEs go, if the jump is < but looks nice/has no effect on the program, I still give positive GOEs because, for me, the skater I already getting punished with a BV reduction and if the jump LOOKS otherwise nice to me, I will still give some positives.

I merely posted my detailed scores to show begin how I reached those numbers I posted back. I anyone wants to score we can average ours and see a clearer result. Lol
    Last edited by MaxSwagg; 08-14-2015 at 12:37 AM.

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by amazingMao View Post
    I still don't get it why there is a large difference of points (5 points) between this program and the 1st in short program. (sorry for reminiscing the past)
    Like several skaters had mentioned at that time, it will probably remain the mystery will never be solved.

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by yhmafan View Post
    Thank you so much for the link, gotoschool. I think that the performance was simply Perfect!! and look at her radiant smile in the end, is Priceless!

---------------------------------
    Here is an interesting article that 10 Figure Skating champions before they were famous.
    The article says that Mao Asada (2000), age 9 : She started as a ballerina but soon moved to Figure Skating at the age of 5.
    Japanese Mao Asada was impressive on the ice already from the beginning.

Please enjoy.
    Your welcome and thank you for the link to the website about great skaters when they were young.

0 Not allowed!
    rosewood posted this link to a very emotional animation of Mao's life represented as a roller coaster ride, though the link below is only part of the animation. rosewood wrote that the animation is by popular flip-flop anime artist Tekken who was inspired by Mao's Sochi LP performance and that he was awarded a prize for his anime with Mao as a motif.

https://twitter.com/anipooh1/status/632431095783407616

The original post came from: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/inde...n.95911/page-4 post number 120

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by MAXSwagg View Post
    For me, I had Mao over Yuna in the short program (75.33 vs. 74.46 using todays scoring/excluding the SpSq), and then I had Yuna winning decisively in the free skate (144.00 vs. 138.63). At least for me, had Mao not singled the 3T, who knows how I would've gone. Lolol

And I agree with gotoschool. Mao's layback at the end of Chopin ALWAYS amazes me with its beauty. And her incredibly spirals (esp. the fan position). LOVE IT.
    I would also have Mao win the sp, she skated like a champion that night, technically and artistically i found her more impressive then kim, she did everything with such ease and joy, and every element was done so perfectly, making people forget that this was a fierce competition and just lets you enjoy the performance!

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by gotoschool View Post
    rosewood posted this link to a very emotional animation of Mao's life represented as a roller coaster ride, though the link below is only part of the animation. rosewood wrote that the animation is by popular flip-flop anime artist Tekken who was inspired by Mao's Sochi LP performance and that he was awarded a prize for his anime with Mao as a motif.

The original post came from: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/inde...n.95911/page-4 post number 120
    What great combined. She is inspirational for many people indeed.

On another note : @gotoschool, Apparently I can’t send you a reply until you will clear some space.

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by gotoschool View Post

Beautiful and touching

On the Ice

0 Not allowed!
    I was lucky enough to be able to attend 2015 THE ICE, Mao Aada's off-season ice show this summer. I went to the Osaka show and to the Sendai show. I wanted to share my video blogs with the group.

Review of THE ICE OSAKA 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHHwte68M0g

Review of THE ICE Sendai 2015. (I apologize in advance, and I hesitate to post this here as I barely mention Mao-chan the 2nd time; I wanted to say more about her, but I didn't want to repeat what I'd mentioned in the review for THE ICE Osaka, so I focused on other skaters this time. Nonetheless, as it is Mao Asada's show, some of you might find this interesting.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLujPPraDsE

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by yhmafan View Post
    What great combined. She is inspirational for many people indeed.

On another note : What great combined. She is inspirational for many people indeed.@gotoschool, Apparently I can’t send you a reply until you will clear some space.
    Quote Originally Posted by chapis View Post
    Beautiful and touching

yhmafan and chapis, I am glad you were impressed with the cartoon tribute to Mao. I agree her story is so compelling and inspirational. I cleared out enough messages now, yhma fan. Sorry it was so full.
    Last edited by gotoschool; 08-15-2015 at 11:23 PM.

0 Not allowed!
    double post
    Last edited by gotoschool; 08-15-2015 at 11:19 PM.

0 Not allowed!

Go Ad-Free! Become a GS Supporter! Thank you
    Quote Originally Posted by KansaiPJ View Post
    I was lucky enough to be able to attend 2015 THE ICE, Mao Aada's off-season ice show this summer. I went to the Osaka show and to the Sendai show. I wanted to share my video blogs with the group.

Review of THE ICE OSAKA 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHHwte68M0g

Review of THE ICE Sendai 2015. (I apologize in advance, and I hesitate to post this here as I barely mention Mao-chan the 2nd time; I wanted to say more about her, but I didn't want to repeat what I'd mentioned in the review for THE ICE Osaka, so I focused on other skaters this time. Nonetheless, as it is Mao Asada's show, some of you might find this interesting.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLujPPraDsE

Thank you for the review. Are you going to the Japan Open?

Page 120 of 281 FirstFirst ... 20 70 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 170 220 ... LastLast