Page 14 of 33 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast
Results 196 to 210 of 494

Thread: Mao Asada

  1. #196
    Size 7 Knife Boots Sam-Skwantch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    At the Rink
    Posts
    3,656
    Here is a photo I found on VK that shows the medalists from WC prior to or just after the medal ceremony. I'd love to hear how they communicate with each other considering they all speak different languages.

    http://vk.com/albums-31036833?z=phot...hotos-31036833

  2. #197
    Custom Title mary01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    515
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam-Skwantch View Post
    Here is a photo I found on VK that shows the medalists from WC prior to or just after the medal ceremony. I'd love to hear how they communicate with each other considering they all speak different languages.

    http://vk.com/albums-31036833?z=phot...hotos-31036833
    Thanks for the photo it's lovely

    I also just found this:

    http://instagram.com/p/mX1ZWgnH7v/#

    Mao with Misha, with a comment from him about Mao's performance

  3. #198
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    1,843
    Quote Originally Posted by mary01 View Post
    Oh no, Misha! Who else, except you, would pick up a shirt like this to wear at the ISU's post-comp party?! Every beautiful and gorgeous girl/lady skaters may look 'overshadowed' beside you.

  4. #199
    Size 7 Knife Boots Sam-Skwantch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    At the Rink
    Posts
    3,656
    ^

  5. #200
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    445
    OK, don't know if I have said it or not. I become a Mao fan now. She should have won the LP in Sochi and her skating at World was just beautiful. Mao had been treated badly for a long time. Her 3As which were marked < were much better than some of the male skaters' that got full credit. Anyway, I'm just happy to see her coming back with a perfect SP and a perfect LP that will go down in history as the best FS, maybe forever.

  6. #201
    Yuzulia & Ruslena Team Alba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Milan
    Posts
    4,077
    I don't know if this video has been posted yet.

    Mao's LP in Sochi with Tarasova's comment: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5kGe6Sulrak

    I don't know what she says during the performance, but in the end apparently she said (thanks to someone on YT translation):

    "Brava. Thank you, Mao. Thank you very much.
    For her effort,
    For that she is a great player,
    For that she overcame herself,
    I want to say, thank you very much.
    And for her tears, too."

  7. #202
    Skate and let skate sajoya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    129
    Quote Originally Posted by Alba View Post
    I don't know if this video has been posted yet.

    Mao's LP in Sochi with Tarasova's comment: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5kGe6Sulrak

    I don't know what she says during the performance, but in the end apparently she said (thanks to someone on YT translation):

    "Brava. Thank you, Mao. Thank you very much.
    For her effort,
    For that she is a great player,
    For that she overcame herself,
    I want to say, thank you very much.
    And for her tears, too."
    I know Tarasova can be rude at times but I gotta say, when I first her at the Vancouver Olympics with Mao, it was actually kind of touching to see their interactions with one another. The warm hugs and smiles, the constant soft pats on her back, and wiping Mao's forehead for her, Tarasova seemed to really cherished Mao (or maybe that's just how I saw it).

    But thanks for sharing the video, Alba. It's nice to hear what Tarasova had to say about Mao after 4 years since their split.

  8. #203
    Custom Title Minze2001's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    748
    If Mao stays, I want her to only do nationals and worlds. She has all GP events 4cc titles. If she stays I want some of the heavy load if leading Japan ladies taken off her shoulders.


    Thoughts

  9. #204
    Custom Title mary01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    515
    Quote Originally Posted by Minze2001 View Post
    If Mao stays, I want her to only do nationals and worlds. She has all GP events 4cc titles. If she stays I want some of the heavy load if leading Japan ladies taken off her shoulders.


    Thoughts
    I really can't imagine Mao doing that, maybe if she wants to take one season of, or part of this upcoming season to rest, but otherwise I'm not seeing that happening it's just soo unlike her to do that. Personally I would like to see her attend the GP, there still is a few records she could break there, but that can wait. maybe taking a rest next season might be a good idea, I am afraid that if she just continues that she will only continue for a short period, due to lack of motivation or goal. That's why I want her to take a break so that she can come back with more motivation, energy and a goal, that may also make her look at skating in a different way then before.

  10. #205
    Custom Title chapis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    México
    Posts
    963
    I think that Mao feels she need some competitions before used to her programs, so if she do the same like yuna, just nationals and worlds she will feel very nervous. May be she should skip all this season and comeback the next one, if she wants.

  11. #206
    Size 7 Knife Boots Sam-Skwantch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    At the Rink
    Posts
    3,656
    Quote Originally Posted by chapis View Post
    I think that Mao feels she need some competitions before used to her programs, so if she do the same like yuna, just nationals and worlds she will feel very nervous. May be she should skip all this season and comeback the next one, if she wants.
    That's how I feel. I prefer all or nothing and it seems to be her thing anyway. Take a year off and hit the reset button then come back completely refreshed. Her fans aren't going anywhere.

  12. #207
    Yuzulia & Ruslena Team Alba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Milan
    Posts
    4,077
    Quote Originally Posted by sajoya View Post
    I know Tarasova can be rude at times but I gotta say, when I first her at the Vancouver Olympics with Mao, it was actually kind of touching to see their interactions with one another. The warm hugs and smiles, the constant soft pats on her back, and wiping Mao's forehead for her, Tarasova seemed to really cherished Mao (or maybe that's just how I saw it).

    But thanks for sharing the video, Alba. It's nice to hear what Tarasova had to say about Mao after 4 years since their split.
    I don't think there was a bad split. I think she always loved Mao as a skater.
    I read an interview at the time and Tarasova was very sick. Also her sister (or mother?) was very sick and died later, her husband as well died in 2011.
    She said that given the circumstances, her health problems, she couldn't coach Mao full time, but she still did the coreo for Mao's SP in 2011 and 2012, and LP's coreo fro 2013 and 2014.

  13. #208
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    527
    Quote Originally Posted by Minze2001 View Post
    If Mao stays, I want her to only do nationals and worlds. She has all GP events 4cc titles. If she stays I want some of the heavy load if leading Japan ladies taken off her shoulders.


    Thoughts
    Ah... but she is so close to setting two new world records in the Grand Prix series...

    Currently joint record holder with Slutskaya for number of Grand Prix final gold medals (4)
    Currently 2nd highest number (14) of grand prix series gold medals, behind Slutskaya (17)

    :-D

  14. #209
    Rinkside alicetang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    near maos heart
    Posts
    9
    mao mao mao where do i start??
    every time i watch her 2014 worlds short and free skate, the commentators have to keep reminding me that this is going to be "her last competition ever". i'm trying to tell myself it'll be okay, but honestly it's impossible to imagine ladies figure skating without mao asada. she's given so much to this sport and to us, the fans, that a skating world where mao's name doesn't exist seems strange. whenever i see mao, im overcome with a joy and sadness that's indescribable. she's been through so much for so long and all along, she's been transparent about herself and her career.
    what i love about mao's skating is her passion. again, transparency. you can tell she means and feels every little movement she makes out there and she's grown so so so so much over the past 4-5 years.
    there are many reasons im sad to see her go, not just because she's done so much for figure skating. i mean, it makes sense to end your career with one of the most amazing performances of your life. (her short program at worlds brought me to tears.) and the more i think about it, the more im afraid she's going to make that decision to end it with a flourish. but i really hope she continues to skate at least another season, if not the upcoming season, the one after that.
    i was watching one of her 2009 programs yesterday and it really struck me how different she seemed then and at worlds this year. near the end of this season, i feel like she's really learned to let go of the competition and just enjoy the skate. she's more free with her expressions and she smiles considerably more during her program (which makes me bAWL MY EYES OUT). also, she's one of the few skaters i feel a human, emotional, empathetic connection to. her story has only grown richer over the years, which adds onto the overall amazingness that is the Mao Asada. shes not the cleanest skater but shes someone i can anticipate no matter how crappy one competition was.
    and if she does keep competing i hope she does it for skating's sake and not just to win. mao's such an inspiration and role model in a special way that yuna will never quite get to. sure, it'd be nice to win a medal or title but it really makes me the happiest when the skater is happy with their own skating and where they are in life (which is the #1 reason i cried about every single one of carolina's performances this season. yeah i cry about skating a lot).
    i could go on for ages about mao and how amazing i think she is but i should probably shut up

  15. #210
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    243
    http://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20...5-spnannex-spo

    According to the persons concerned, Mao won't be able to decide her future in April because she is busy with all the shows in Japan. She has turned down to show up in the various events in May as much as she can in order to take thought of her future, and she is planning to go abroad in June to make her new EX program which she will perform in THE ICE. If she decides to compete in the next season, she is going to make her competitive programs along with her EX. Miss Hashimoto from JSF said, "She can take her time (to think about her future), we don't have any problem if she can't decide in April."

Page 14 of 33 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •