Mao Asada | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Mao Asada

minze

Medalist
I love her Swnan Lake program. I want Mao to do well tomorrow, but for me Worlds is where I want to see her win gold

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
^Thank you. Beautifully skated SP and she has her 3A back. Mao was really on and it was so nice to see that
big smile on her face

Laughing Man

Rinkside
Nothing to do with Mao's performances, but just for laughs...

Takahiko Kozuka reported in his official blog (http://www.t-kozuka.com/blog/2013/02/post-c0e8.html) that he got a Valentine gift from a mysterious 'A-da san' as shown in the photo in his blog.

This 'A-da san' assumingly seems to have picked up a plastic bag from her kitchen, dumped in a mass-productive cheap chocolate bar which can be bought in any superstore, saved money on buying a card writing a simple note on some notebook paper. 'A-da san' has written 'To Taka-chan, Happy Valentine~ (I'm giving this to you) since you said you're hoping someone would give you a Valentine gift' on this plain sheet of paper using a plain black magic marker, which clearly states Takahiko is not her one and only Valentine. In addition, she even forgot to sign her name on the paper. 'A-da san' has obviously given him this Valentine's gift, as what we call 'giri chocolates aka giri-choco' here in Jpn.

As many may already know, the sweets industry in Jpn has turned Valentine's Day into a romantic event in which girls present chocolates to who they are dating, or to those who they secretly have a serious crush on. However, 'giri-choco's are only given to guys who the girls don't care about much but just as a gesture of friendship, or when they feel sorry for guys who seem to have no chances of recieving a real romantic valentine from anyone. While countless girls line up for hours at department stores to buy expensive famous brand chocolates to give to their true loves, take hell of a time and effort in wrapping them aesthetically pleasant, write devoted messages on beautifully decorated cards, and some of them even go all their way to make original chocolates in heart shapes with sprinkles for their most loved ones...it's visibly clear at first sight that 'A-da san' had not intended this Valentine gift for Takahiko to be of such kind. Honestly speaking, I have never seen a 'giri-choco' so obvious to this extent. Condolences to poor Takahiko.

Since he was able to tell it was from 'A-da san' though there was no signature, she must be someone close to Takahiko whom he can distinguish her hand-writing. Now, there are 2 well known 'A-da san's who can be suspected of giving Takahiko this 'giri-choco'. They are sisters, and all members who ever bothered to post in this thread must know who I'm talking about for sure. Which of the sisters actually gave Takahiko this 'giri-choco' remains a mystery basically. However, I am willing to bet all the money in the world, that it's the younger sister (blood type:B, well known in Jpn as blunt and sloppy people on things they don't care about so much; in this particular little sister's case, romance being one of them). While little miss 'A-da san' is simply divine and perfectly elegant on the ice as a skater, this proves there are things off the ice which she totally lacks talent in.

Still, she has made history again. If there's ever a fully grown mature lady who has the guts to give chocolates to any guy in such a manner as this on Valentine's Day in all of Jpn, I believe it can be none other than our dear little miss 'A-da san'. Of all the 'giri-chocos' I've seen in my life, I have never seen anything as corner-cutting as this one. I also think that while 'A-da san' can't expect much TES considering she has shown no wrapping skills at all, the way she wrote her message slanted and unbalanced may be some avant-garde artistic sense of hers, that she may deserve at least some amount of PCS. Anyway, another legendary move this month by little miss 'A-da san' this time off the ice, and yet another big shock for Mao-Taka shippers. :laugh:

Note: When someone writes 'A-da san' or 'T-hashi san' in Jpn, they do so knowing readers will know who they're talking about, so there's no doubt this 'A-da san' Takahiko is talking about in his blog is none other than our dear Mao 'A-da'.

yude

Record Breaker
Laughing Man, thank you for your post :laugh:!!
Ma...ah...A-da san is a special girl for many different reasons and that's why I like her :biggrin:

sampaguita

Rinkside
Honestly speaking, I have never seen a 'giri-choco' so obvious to this extent. Condolences to poor Takahiko.

Thanks for the laughs, Laughing Man! I've never seen a Valentine's gift so poorly wrapped, haha! The note was funny too -- obviously a giri-choco! Poor Takahiko, XD.