Mao Asada | Page 21 | Golden Skate

Mao Asada

yhmafan

Medalist
A bit late but
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MAO :hb:

I wish you all the best, your way of life, whichever you may choose
there is always full of brightness and happiness with your beloved ones ;)

GermaricanMix

On the Ice
Thanks for posting these, I really miss Mao, and wish we would see her skate soon :cry: :bow: some news about what she is doing would also be nice.

Every time I check goldenskate I hope this thread is updated. I miss hearing about Mao, she seems like such a fun person.

cohkaix

FS data keeper
Medalist
I just found this on facebook, can someone explain what Young Japan Action is?

AFAIK:the 'Young Japan Action' x Mao Asada is a project by Sumitomo Life insurance company. Sumitomo Life has been supporting Mao prior to the Sochi Olympics, esp. via hosting a website for fans and ppl to leave encouraging messages for Mao, also they shot short video clips featuring Mao in practices, and how ppl were encouraged by Mao's skating spirit. So for this time, Mao is leading this project 'Young Jpn Action', which is to rally young ppl to propose various projects that will help the society. Sumitomo Life is supporting the project and Mao will be the project leader. I don't really know in detail how the project would work. But I have the impression that Mao would like to take the chance to express her own appreciation of the encouragements she has been received from everyone--that is to put into real actions helping others in need.

GermaricanMix

On the Ice
AFAIK:the 'Young Japan Action' x Mao Asada is a project by Sumitomo Life insurance company. Sumitomo Life has been supporting Mao prior to the Sochi Olympics, esp. via hosting a website for fans and ppl to leave encouraging messages for Mao, also they shot short video clips featuring Mao in practices, and how ppl were encouraged by Mao's skating spirit. So for this time, Mao is leading this project 'Young Jpn Action', which is to rally young ppl to propose various projects that will help the society. Sumitomo Life is supporting the project and Mao will be the project leader. I don't really know in detail how the project would work. But I have the impression that Mao would like to take the chance to express her own appreciation of the encouragements she has been received from everyone--that is to put into real actions helping others in need.

Thanx! Judging by the name I thought it was some sort of political action or a way to get young people to vote in Japan XD This sounds interesting though

yhmafan

Medalist
Today is the end of October, can’t believe there are only a few mouths this year.
btw waiting November for Yuzu and yay December for Mao and of course other greaters, is worthwhile spending for me :)

thoakun

Final Flight
Great to see that Mao is taking her break getting involved in meaningful activities and experiencing new things. I like the way Sumitomo has always been very supportive of Mao for the past few years.