Mao Asada | Page 33 | Golden Skate

Mao Asada

gotoschool

Medalist
OMG i have to bookmark this thank you so much gotoschool for sharing this!

Your welcome! It's a real tear jerker reading through this "How many of you cried before Mao did?" page and so inspirational as a Mao fan. The picture of stoic Coach Sato on the verge of tears is my favorite. Sites like this will help Mao be remembered as the person who delivered the most memorable and greatest performance at Sochi and one of the greatest performances ever, and her unjust placement and scores in the LP and overall will highlight it even more. The performance was the culmination of her 4 year mission to rebuild her technique and execute a peak performance with all the triples and level 4 spins and steps, even though she had performed so incredibly at Worlds 2010, but it is the emotional resonance, passion and grace that make it irreplaceable.

I think I may have posted this a long time ago, but here is a magnificent and insightful article describing Mao's 4 year journey with Coach Sato with many quotes from Mao and a couple from Coach Sato. My favorite quote from Coach Sato is " Mysteriously she has become someone who can produce something profound." http://nanoka12.tumblr.com/post/84038594958/mao-asada-i-wanted-to-put-the-medal-on

Thanks to emory903, who originally posted this link at Mao Asada Forum.

Last edited:

bebece

Rinkside
guys, someone in daisuke takahashi tread said that there is some fan account that say that mao n dai practice together in chukyo with kenji
is the pair program rumor really became reality

can't wait till Christmas show
she never skate a pair program with dai before right?

gotoschool

Medalist
guys, someone in daisuke takahashi tread said that there is some fan account that say that mao n dai practice together in chukyo with kenji

Hi bebece, Yes I have heard that and I posted it about a week ago.

There is a post at the following address that talks about Daisuke and Mao skating together:

http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/inde....89260/page-18

I don't think they have skated a whole program. I found this video of them "kind of" skating together.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=83LxMvplSJQ

SoundtracksOnIce

On the Ice
I agree Minz2001, the Swan Lake dress that I listed as one of my favorite Mao outfits was for the first one during the GP circuit. I don't know why Tat changed it, but it went from elegant and mature, to kiddie and glittery.

The same thing happened with Sasha Cohen's Swan Lake dress when she trained with Tatiana. She wanted more feathers than Sasha did. I think Tatiana has a bit of an over-the-top fashion sense, which is okay - everyone is entitled to their own style - but a skating dress should be about the skater's style, not the coach's.

gotoschool

Medalist
I think I have posted this before, but I can't find them now. It is a couple of articles talking about how Mao had the best performance in the women's event at Sochi.

http://www.rantsports.com/clubhouse...da-steals-the-spotlight-in-ladies-free-skate/

http://www.sportsonearth.com/articl...ympics-final-adelina-sotnikova-yuna-kim-gold- The part of about Mao is near the middle of the article based on skating order. The journalist who was in the stadium at the event named the article "Simply Beautiful" after his description of Mao's Rach 2 performance.

Last edited:

Barb

Record Breaker

:jaw: :party2: I can not wait!!!

Ayeshoo

On the Ice

Eh?? Where are they performing? Which show is this for? Huhu. Been wanting to to watch a competition/live show since I live in Japan. But I'm a foreigner and I can't read Japanese so much, plus getting tickets is like winning a lottery. Really dreaming to see them together :eek:hwell:

Last edited:

ioanna

Record Breaker

Yes, I posted that. Japanese fans have been discussing this on twitter and apparently some of them saw Dai and Mao practicing a collab program. If that's true they should be skating it at Christmas On Ice later this month, between December 21-24.

Barb

Record Breaker
Yes, I posted that. Japanese fans have been discussing this on twitter and apparently some of them saw Dai and Mao practicing a collab program. If that's true they should be skating it at Christmas On Ice later this month, between December 21-24.

They did not say what music are they using :p? It will be the best Christimas gift for me :party:

ioanna

Record Breaker
They did not say what music are they using :p? It will be the best Christimas gift for me :party:

Only that Kenji Miyamoto is choreographing their program. This is the first time Mao is skating a collab program with Dai and also the first time she's working with Kenji. This show will be in Yokohama, right before the National Championship.

Last edited:

bebece

Rinkside
i think kenji did coreo for mao n mai pair program, the one they did in The Ice show, dream girl (beyonce)

Franklin99

Medalist

I'm so excited! And I just can't hide it! I'm about to lose control and I think I like it. :cheer: :laugh:

ioanna

Record Breaker

gotoschool

Medalist
Thanks for all the information and links ionap and yhmafan! That's a nice video of the gymnast giving a salute to Mao, Minze2001. Great to see Mao branching out to work with another choreographer and to skate with Daisuke, though I loved Laurie's and Tat's programs.

Here is a new video of Mao making a commercial for Young Japan Action, skating and other commercials. Some of the same material is in an older post. It's just nice to see what she has been doing lately.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YEFapMesYJE

Last edited:

minze

Medalist
Thanks for all the information and links ionap and yhmafan! That's a nice video of the gymnast giving a salute to Mao, minze. Great to see Mao branching out to work with another choreographer and to skate with Daisuke, though I loved Laurie's and Tat's programs.

Here is a new video of Mao making a commercial for Young Japan Action, skating and other commercials. Some of the same material is in an older post. It's just nice to see what she has been doing lately.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YEFapMesYJE

Thank you. She looks so well rested and happy