Mao Asada | Page 59 | Golden Skate

Mao Asada

thoakun

Final Flight
Mao can have another career as a voice actress. I wonder if she has any voice training or delicateness just runs in her blood.

gravy

¿No ven quién soy yo?
Record Breaker
Here is a longer version of Mao's radio show https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E7RnOFtYuKs

and a summary of what she talked about provided compliments of CONK at maoasada forum can be found at the following address: http://www.maoasadaforum.com/t1282p630-mao-post-sochi-news-and-articles

It is the last post on page 43. She has such a beautiful voice.

Fantastic! Made me grin from ear to ear when I read about her life as a college student. I always saw her as some sort of mythical creature and this interview humanized her in a way. Very endearing.

And yes, her voice is soooo soothing! Very calm and fluid. Love it.

chasingpolaris

On the Ice
Any words on Mao's skating career, is she coming back?

Nothing yet. The school year at Chukyo University is coming to an end this month so I assume she may be busy wrapping up academics. Also, I think with Worlds approaching in a couple of weeks, she may not announce anything until the competition is over.

minze

Medalist
Nothing yet. The school year at Chukyo University is coming to an end this month so I assume she may be busy wrapping up academics. Also, I think with Worlds approaching in a couple of weeks, she may not announce anything until the competition is over.
Thank you. I miss her so much

mnm464

On the Ice
I wonder if Mao would do any voice acting for an anime. Combining a couple of my favorite thing and people!!!!

gotoschool

Medalist
There is a great translation of Mao's radio show for March 9th at the following thread post number 652:

http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/ind...say-figure-skating-is-wonderful.89260/page-22

Mao says she was really really nervous for her first show. Then, she answers questions from the audience. She first answers the question of what she does on her days off. She says that she sleeps a whole lot, cooks breakfast, reads fashion and gourmet magazines. Then, she answers the question of what clothes she wears in her private time and Mao says old, cool clothes.

Mao then has a long interview with the head of the volunteer group 'Kakehashi - Kesennuma guest house' which supports student volunteers who support people affected by the devastation of the 2011 tsunami by refurbishing vacant houses into accommodations for student volunteers. This interview was done at Kesennuma in Miyagi prefecture which is one of the most horribly destroyed areas in the tsunami.

She then talks about her involvement in the project by planting trees.

Finally, she makes some funny and witty comments in response to emails about going to bars, matchmaking and cars.

Last edited:

minze

Medalist
There is a great translation of Mao's radio show for March 9th at the following thread post number 652:

http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/ind...say-figure-skating-is-wonderful.89260/page-22

Mao says she was really really nervous for her first show. Then, she answers questions from the audience. She first answers the question of what she does on her days off. She says that she sleeps a whole lot, cooks breakfast, reads fashion and gourmet magazines. Then, she answers the question of what clothes she wears in her private time and Mao says old, cool clothes.

Mao then has a long interview with the head of the volunteer group 'Kakehashi - Kesennuma guest house' which supports student volunteers who support people affected by the devastation of the 2011 tsunami by refurbishing vacant houses into accommodations for student volunteers. This interview was done at Kesennuma in Miyagi prefecture which is one of the most horribly destroyed areas in the tsunami.

She then talks about her involvement in the project by planting trees.

Finally, she makes some funny and witty comments in response to emails about going to bars, matchmaking and cars.

Thank you

yhmafan

Medalist
Thank you everyone for posting the links :yay:

Not sure this has been posted before, here is the video of Mao Asada Jump collection.
We can see Mao’s 4S and 4Lo in practice at around 3:35~.

Last edited:

gotoschool

Medalist
Thank you everyone for posting the links :yay:

Not sure this has been posted before, here is the video of Mao Asada Jump collection.
We can see Mao’s 4S and 4Lo in practice at around 3:35~.

Thanks for the wonderful jump collection yhma fan. I think Mao's jumps are the most beautiful no matter what anyone says. Here is a fancam of Mao's Sochi freeskate from a Russian fan of Mao.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ArTNtQl9UQ

At first, I thought it was too far away but the zoom lens and the different vantage point somehow combined to make it very moving to watch. I was amazed at how dramatic and expressive her balletic extensions and exits to her jumps were from so far away. Totally unique.

from MaoRussianFan at Mao Asada forum.

Last edited: