Mao Asada | Page 70 | Golden Skate

Mao Asada

gotoschool

Medalist
The first and last one are just so :love::love::love:

I agree on the first and last being the most beautiful. It's awful that they did away with the required spiral sequence because nobody can match Mao's spirals: so dramatic, elegant and flexible.

Here is the link for the summary translation by rosewood of the live interview with Fuji TV done just after Mao's press conference for The Ice (post number 843). I really like Mao's witty response to the interviewer when Mao asks what kind of program he would like to see. When he tells Mao that he would like her to do a program with "a lot of smiles," she said in response, her gospel number in The Ice last year had a lot of smiles, so she had already done that and Oh well! I guess us Mao fans will have to work just as hard as Mao does in her training to come up with some new ideas for her programs.

Link for translation:

http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/inde....89260/page-29

Here is the link for interview itself:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2q...意_sport

I don't know if this has been posted, but rosewood also provided a link where you can contact the organizers for The Ice to suggest programs for Mao to skate to for The Ice and in competition. The deadline for suggestions is May 31. Not much time left. The old programs I would like to see are Swan Lake and Ballade. New music for programs: Tchaikovsky's 1st Piano Concerto and Chopin's Heroic Polannaise. Though something softer and lyrical would also be nice. I just can't think of anything this late at night.

http://www.ctv.co.jp/event/the_ice/request/index.html

Last edited:

Franklin99

Medalist
Thanks for the links gotoschool.^ I would love for Mao to revise her Swan Lake program. she was still working on correcting/enhancing her jumps and other elements when she was competing with this program, and we never got to see her performing it at it's fullest potential, much like her Rach 2 performance in Sochi. .

yhmafan

Medalist
:party:

I love the first one and last one too. as for the first, I was like is it even possible to keep the pose on the ice??
I also like the second one so much yes.

and Sam, I like your avatar, is soo cute, that reminded me of the photo. ;)

CarneAsada

Medalist
That's what I thought, too! Just... wow.
That's what I missed the most about Mao in the last year. Not the jumps or even the footwork, but that fan spiral. I remember how in the Sochi EX, she was the only skater to do a fan spiral in the group number.

Imagine

Medalist
Here's another video with Mao skating to the haunting piece Vogel Im Käfig from Attack on Titan. Definitely not everyone's cup of tea, and totally opposite of the last video...but I really felt Mao has a dark side to her too.

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
Curious... why did you tag Yuna Kim, Yuzuru Hanyu, Yulia Lipnitskaya, Adelina Sotnikova, Elizaveta Tuktamysheva, Elena Radionova, Carolina Kostner, Ashley Wagner, & Daisuke Takahashi in that video?

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Curious... why did you tag Yuna Kim, Yuzuru Hanyu, Yulia Lipnitskaya, Adelina Sotnikova, Elizaveta Tuktamysheva, Elena Radionova, Carolina Kostner, Ashley Wagner, & Daisuke Takahashi in that video?

Maybe someone is trying to UNITE a larger fan base of all types together :think:

Imagine

Medalist
^Those are pretty much the only names I thought of when uploading. I thought that's what you are supposed to do(?). Doesn't it help your video show up in related videos or something? I mean I haven't had a Youtube account since like 2010, and back then I would just add any phrase that seemed remotely related to video tags cause I didnt want it to be blank. I got banned after uploading copyrighted material and just never felt like making another one. lol

Last edited:

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
I was wondering if there was a connection between them, other than all being skaters... such as, did they skate to this song before? Did they all compete at this same event? Maybe there is no direct connection.

If I were searching YouTube for Ashley Wagner or Carolina Kostner, and ended up with results of Mao Asada skating over the top of 'Attack on Titan', I would be a little confused.

But you are probably right -- you can throw in a ton of junk into tags to try to boost the relevancy (people do it all the time to try fooling search engines), but I do not know how Google chooses to process that information...

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I finally finished my Mao 'Remix' video that I started about two months ago. Hopefully someone here enjoys it. I must admit it is a lot of turns and edges but that's my favorite part of FS :yes:

It's kind of long but I usually just keep adding stuff and Mao is a goldmine of great footage. It's been sitting on my harddrive for a few weeks and last night I got the urge to download some extra clips to add and work on the ending which for whatever reason was so hard for me to match everything up to.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJnxhd3yfDA
*Available in up to 720p HD*

Anyway....It's just my little tribute to Mao.

Last edited: