Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 2012 Federation Cup of Russia (Sochi Cup)

Quote Originally Posted by hanca View Post
    She knew she was injured and they asked her to skate anyway? For such a small domestic unimportant competition she was risking her health?
    I don't know what to make of Shelepin at this point. I like her, and have always liked her, but it is hard to ignore that her performances have seemed to be on a downward slide. I am actually GLAD in some way to hear that injury played a part here, because I don't want her to be finished.

That said, no one needs to be told the ladies field is deep in Russia. She's going to need to step up if she wants to be sent to Senior A or even, really, many B competitions.

Quote Originally Posted by Macassar88 View Post
    Wow Sinitsina and Zhiganshin lost! I guess Morozov has a lot more power than Kustarova.
    I used to think Sinitsina/Zhiganshin would have a wonderful senior debut not anymore
    they are going downhill unless they leave Kustarova/Aleeva, most of their good students have left them already
    Pushkash/Guerreiro actually was the clear winner the were underscored on the FD and and S/Z were overscored on SD even with mistakes

Pushkash/Guerreiro outperform them, soon Stepanova/Bukin will put them even lower on the Russian rankings

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by tulosai View Post
    I don't know what to make of Shelepin at this point. I like her, and have always liked her, but it is hard to ignore that her performances have seemed to be on a downward slide. I am actually GLAD in some way to hear that injury played a part here, because I don't want her to be finished.

That said, no one needs to be told the ladies field is deep in Russia. She's going to need to step up if she wants to be sent to Senior A or even, really, many B competitions.
    Actually, last week at Nebelhorn she didn't skate that bad. A bit unpolished, but it is early in the season. She seems to have all the elements, she just doesn't seem to deliver two clean programs in one competition. Nerves?

She is really unlucky that she is from Russia. In any other country (except of USA, Japan and Russia) she would be the national champion. In Russia it seems that she will always be behind the younger ones and behind Leonova.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    I used to think Sinitsina/Zhiganshin would have a wonderful senior debut not anymore
    they are going downhill unless they leave Kustarova/Aleeva, most of their good students have left them already
    Pushkash/Guerreiro actually was the clear winner the were underscored on the FD and and S/Z were overscored on SD even with mistakes

Pushkash/Guerreiro outperform them, soon Stepanova/Bukin will put them even lower on the Russian rankings
    I am really shocked about Sinitsina/Zhiganshin being beaten. They were so good last season and I thought they would progress to a higher level this season. What has gone wrong? What is the issue with Kustarova/Aleeva?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Mao88 View Post
    I am really shocked about Sinitsina/Zhiganshin being beaten. They were so good last season and I thought they would progress to a higher level this season. What has gone wrong? What is the issue with Kustarova/Aleeva?
    It could also be that Pushkash/Guerreiro improved a lot since last season. I read many positive reviews about their test skates, and no-one expected them to look as good as they did. However, still, Sinitsina/Zhiganshin should have won and they probably made some technical errors in the free dance.

Custom Title
    Interesting but I think we really want to see how B and S do against I and K and just how close they can get to W and P and P and B as well as where will the judges put Italy C and L.

Quote Originally Posted by Mao88 View Post
    They were below on TES on the FS and had 1 point deduction, no protocols yet but I think Sinitsina must have fallen or something

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2