2012 Federation Cup of Russia (Sochi Cup) | Golden Skate

2012 Federation Cup of Russia (Sochi Cup)

hanca

Record Breaker
Does anyone have any news about the Sochi cup that is supposed to be this weekend?

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Does anyone have any news about the Sochi cup that is supposed to be this weekend?
finally found the results for today from russian forum

Federation Cup, Sochi, Russia
Live Results Page: http://fsrussia.ru/upl/results/1213/sochicup/index.htm

Pairs SP

1 Yuko Kavaguti / Alexander Smirnov 67.34
2 Ksenia Stolbova / Fedor Klimov 60.76 ;)
3 Tatiana Novikova / Andrey Novoselov 50.50
4 Ekaterina Petyakina / Konstantin Bezmaternykh 46.72
5 Christina Astakhova / Maxim Rump 45.30
6 Catherine Kuklina / Maxim Petukhov 41.92

Ladies SP :
Shelepen is done imo, Career will be over soon, biggest mistake turning to Sokolovskaya as a coach was her kiss of death :disapp:

1 Nicole Gosviyani 55.87
2 Polina Korobeynikova 54.78
3 Valentina Chernyshova 54.47
4 Sofia Biryukova 50.30
5 Alexandra Deeva 42.86
6 Polina Shelepen 33.56 - 2 Falls :disapp:

Men SP
joke scores, Gachinski fell twice :biggrin:

1 Sergei Voronov 78.46
2 Ivan Bariev 74.69
3 Konstantin Menshov 74.50
4 Artur Gachinski 74.24
5 Mark Shymatkov 66.32 3
6 Gordey Gorshkov 59.72

Short Dance

1 Victoria Sinitsina / Ruslan Zhiganshin 60.20
2 Ekaterina Pushkash / Jonathan Guerreiro 58.28
3 Valeria Starygina / Ivan Volobuev46.03
4 Anna Polikarpova / Maxim Kirillov 41.36
5 Tatiana Baturintseva / Andrey Nevsky 37.33

Thanks, sky_fly20! Such a shame that Polina S is losing her touch, big time. What is happening to Arthur? He seems more and more unsure each season:scratch:

Of all these skaters, I'd love to watch S/Z's performance the most!

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Thanks, sky_fly20! Such a shame that Polina S is losing her touch, big time. What is happening to Arthur? He seems more and more unsure each season:scratch:

Of all these skaters, I'd love to watch S/Z's performance the most!

some videos are already uploaded on sochi youtube page

Kavaguti/Smirnov SP
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_h09Fi5NFiU&feature=plcp

Gachinski is never reliable, I bet they will pluck Kovtun to go seniors soon

gmyers

Record Breaker
The translation is so bad but seems like Gachinski fell on a quad and a spin?

mikiandorocks

Final Flight
Federation Cup
Men
1 - Konstantin Menshov - 233.25pts
2 - Sergei Voronov --- 230.28pts
3 - Artur Gachinsky --- 219.00pts
4 - Ivan Bariev --- 216.59pts
5 - Mark Shymatkov --- 198.46pts
Gordei Gorshkov withdrew

mikiandorocks

Final Flight
Federation Cup
Ladies
1.ª - Nicole Gosviyani --- 159.29pts
2.ª - Polina Korobeynikova --- 154.12pts
3.ª - Sofia Biryukova --- 147.08pts
4.ª - Valentina Chernyshova --- 146.29pts
5.ª - Alexandra Deeva --- 114.41pts
Polina Shelepen withdrew

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Shelepen has a sprained ankle, but she said maybe a few days off after it will be fine
Shelepen confirms she is now with Buyanova's Group with Adelina and Maxim

MOSCOW, October 7 - RIA Novosti, Artyom Kuznetsov. Skater Polina Shelepen told the agency "R-Sport", which do well at the Fed Cup injury prevented her feet.

Representative single skating, started test events in Sochi with poor performance in the short program on Sunday, did not come out at the start due to illness.

"The injury was two days before the flight - told the agency Shelepen. - It so happened that I sprained left foot and could not be used at full strength in the performance of its elements. If it is not disturbed, then within a few days it should get better . Meanwhile, it should be strengthened, bandage. "

Shelepen reported that she withdraw from the competition, along with the coach was scheduled after a workout, "but asked the federation to act."

"We were asked to skate with the items that you are able to. So meaning upset result was not, especially since this is not the Olympics," - she said.

Speaking of ice as an Olympic venue, the skater said that "it is generally good." "Of course, it is also necessary to fill and pour - it crumbled too, especially in the early days, when we arrived. However good," - she said.

Shelepen was satisfied and the organization of the tournament.

"The only thing that we have always been fads in training - that half of the world was not on the ice, the screen hung right above the ice. But the competition everything went well," - she said.

Skater also talked about going to a group of Helen Buyanova.

"It was not easy, as a past coach, I worked for a long time. But now work is very interesting and I am satisfied. Like a new team, which I was well received," - she said, noting that trains with Adelina Sotnikova and Maxim Kovtun.

"Competition is always going to benefit," - she commented rivalry with Sotnikova.

After the speech in Sochi Shelepen will participate in the Grand Prix, which will be held in Canada from 26 to 28 October.

"I have at the end of this month, Grand Prix, which I should be very well prepared. This is very important for me to start. Program, I think we will not have to adjust and gain that is. Before the Grand Prix will only train ", - she said.

http://rsport.ru/figure_skating/20121007/621929843.html

hanca

Record Breaker
She knew she was injured and they asked her to skate anyway? For such a small domestic unimportant competition she was risking her health? :eek:

mikiandorocks

Final Flight
Federation Cup
Dance
1.º - Pushkash & Guerreiro --- 142.81pts
2.º - Sinitsina & Zhiganshin --- 142.67pts
3.º - Starygyna & Volobuiev --- 120.07pts
4.º - Polikarpova & Kirilov --- 109.01pts
5.º - Baturintseva & Nevsky --- 103.49pts

All couples, with the exception of B&N, got at least one deduction on the FD!

Macassar88

Medalist
Wow Sinitsina and Zhiganshin lost! I guess Morozov has a lot more power than Kustarova.
Federation Cup
Dance
1.º - Pushkash & Guerreiro --- 142.81pts
2.º - Sinitsina & Zhiganshin --- 142.67pts
3.º - Starygyna & Volobuiev --- 120.07pts
4.º - Polikarpova & Kirilov --- 109.01pts
5.º - Baturintseva & Nevsky --- 103.49pts

All couples, with the exception of B&N, got at least one deduction on the FD!

tulosai

Record Breaker
She knew she was injured and they asked her to skate anyway? For such a small domestic unimportant competition she was risking her health? :eek:

I don't know what to make of Shelepin at this point. I like her, and have always liked her, but it is hard to ignore that her performances have seemed to be on a downward slide. I am actually GLAD in some way to hear that injury played a part here, because I don't want her to be finished.

That said, no one needs to be told the ladies field is deep in Russia. She's going to need to step up if she wants to be sent to Senior A or even, really, many B competitions.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Wow Sinitsina and Zhiganshin lost! I guess Morozov has a lot more power than Kustarova.

I used to think Sinitsina/Zhiganshin would have a wonderful senior debut not anymore :disapp:
they are going downhill unless they leave Kustarova/Aleeva, most of their good students have left them already
Pushkash/Guerreiro actually was the clear winner the were underscored on the FD and and S/Z were overscored on SD even with mistakes

Pushkash/Guerreiro outperform them, soon Stepanova/Bukin will put them even lower on the Russian rankings

hanca

Record Breaker
I don't know what to make of Shelepin at this point. I like her, and have always liked her, but it is hard to ignore that her performances have seemed to be on a downward slide. I am actually GLAD in some way to hear that injury played a part here, because I don't want her to be finished.

That said, no one needs to be told the ladies field is deep in Russia. She's going to need to step up if she wants to be sent to Senior A or even, really, many B competitions.

Actually, last week at Nebelhorn she didn't skate that bad. A bit unpolished, but it is early in the season. She seems to have all the elements, she just doesn't seem to deliver two clean programs in one competition. Nerves?

She is really unlucky that she is from Russia. In any other country (except of USA, Japan and Russia) she would be the national champion. In Russia it seems that she will always be behind the younger ones and behind Leonova.

Mao88

Record Breaker
I used to think Sinitsina/Zhiganshin would have a wonderful senior debut not anymore :disapp:
they are going downhill unless they leave Kustarova/Aleeva, most of their good students have left them already
Pushkash/Guerreiro actually was the clear winner the were underscored on the FD and and S/Z were overscored on SD even with mistakes

Pushkash/Guerreiro outperform them, soon Stepanova/Bukin will put them even lower on the Russian rankings

I am really shocked about Sinitsina/Zhiganshin being beaten. They were so good last season and I thought they would progress to a higher level this season. What has gone wrong? What is the issue with Kustarova/Aleeva?

babayaga

On the Ice
I am really shocked about Sinitsina/Zhiganshin being beaten. They were so good last season and I thought they would progress to a higher level this season. What has gone wrong? What is the issue with Kustarova/Aleeva?
It could also be that Pushkash/Guerreiro improved a lot since last season. I read many positive reviews about their test skates, and no-one expected them to look as good as they did. However, still, Sinitsina/Zhiganshin should have won and they probably made some technical errors in the free dance.