Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Ando out of GP - No coach

Custom Title
    I hope that Kaetlyn Osmond will get the Cup of China and Mirai Nagasu Trophée Éric Bompard

Custom Title
    I really hope she can just be at peace with herself. So many people chasing after the dream when the bloom may not be so fresh - Pang and Tong, Ando, Ssquared, kostner, Zhangs, Joubert, Plushenko, Weir, Lyacek, ... I admire Buttle and his ability to move on. We can word it as competitiveness and fire versus egomania and greed - of course the skaters will say it is for competitiveness and the pure joy of skating - do you really think Evan or Plushy will say itis because they want to be in the history books as 2xOGM and be king of the world.. Many great skaters don't have an Olympic medal ie. Kurt Browning and defniitely not gold -poor Canadian men so many real threats and no Oly gold - Buttle, Orser, Browning, Stoijko, Chan so far.no OGM. On this site we have so many faves but remember only 3 medals (usually lol). So people love Mao, Suzuki, Wagner, Gold, Zhang, Korpi, Kostner,leonova, Adelina,Tuk, Julia L., Yuna, Zawadiak, Miki and Osmond now. that is like 15 skaters for 3 medals. Miki needs to be happy no matter what happens. Not to be mean but psychologically there probably is more to it with all these returning skaters and their "stuttering" or hesitation to compete. Remember for example Evan was to be around last year. Weir is one of the few who skated without a hitch (yes, I know the world injury has ben used but who really knows - I am sorry if I sound cynical but these injuries - if were the Olympic games do you think it would stop them from competing? I remember at the last Olympics Vaughn Chipeur from Canada was injured and it became more apparent he probably should have given up his spot but he didn't. All for Oly glory and to compete athe Oly games in his home nation - we have seen it with Flatt and the rest.

Quote Originally Posted by coolboogie22 View Post
    I hope that Kaetlyn Osmond will get the Cup of China and Mirai Nagasu Trophée Éric Bompard
    I would say those are good choices.

Gambatte, Max Aaron/"No letting off the gas pedal" golden411's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Skater Boy View Post
    ... I am sorry if I sound cynical but these injuries - if were the Olympic games do you think it would stop them from competing? ...
    Isn't Sochi 2014 a perfectly good reason for skaters to allow themselves to fully heal from injuries during this pre-Olympic season -- with the hope that next season the injuries are absolutely 100% behind them?
    I'm not saying that an Olympic medal should be a litmus test for an athlete's overall career success, but for many sports, the Olympics are the ultimate goal. Nothing wrong with that.

Quote Originally Posted by coolboogie22 View Post
    Great choices but Miki's spots have been filled with Sophia Biryukova(COC) and Elena Glebova(TEB).

Quote Originally Posted by l'etoile View Post
    Great choices but Miki's spots have been filled with Sophia Biryukova(COC) and Elena Glebova(TEB).
    Awww I love Elena but I was also hoping for that spot to be given to Mirai... ah well, c'est la vie

Quote Originally Posted by tulosai View Post
    Awww I love Elena but I was also hoping for that spot to be given to Mirai... ah well, c'est la vie
    According to the most recent version of GP entry, spots for Kexin Zhang have been crossed out. Don't know why :( but it definitely gives Mirai a chance for two gp spots.

Quote Originally Posted by l'etoile View Post
    According to the most recent version of GP entry, spots for Kexin Zhang have been crossed out. Don't know why :( but it definitely gives Mirai a chance for two gp spots.
    I hope Mirai will get another assignement, she really deserves it! And, with Miki and Carolina out of TEB, she could have a podium chance there, too... I hope Osmond will receive CoC, too.

Custom Title
    I have always loved watching Mirai skate - and that smile of hers can light up any venue. But I just feel like in the last few years since her growth spurt that she's skating more in her head than relying on her training and experience. I would love to see her get a GP assignment and do well - think it would do wonders for her confidence. If Mirai is "on" I don't think there is an American lady that can beat her! And I do wish a couple of them would just retire already.

Custom Title
    I think my point about injuries it is interesting the comeback skaters have so many difficulties "coming back". Is it injury or they aren't psychologically ready. As for Mirai she won a bronze recently folks she's not out of it. But remember only two us ladies go to worlds. We love Mirai, Ashley, Caroline, Gold, Alissa, Zawadiak and some hold on to hope in Flatt but there are two spots only. someone has got to go and in fact only so many can be on the A team too. The new Rachel (consistency hope is probably Ashley so that leaves who will get the second spot - someone who has great potential but not know for consistency or the up and coming and maybe arrived Gold (going for Gold perhaps?).

Miki's words:
    Being cast in a lot of shows last season, I was thinking of my next stage, after quitting competitive career. I got much more inspiration: I want to perform like this, wanna host the show like that. I guess such new inspiration caught me, therefore I couldn't get motivated for competitions.

"But, next season 2013-14, I hope to give my last skate, showing a competitor Miki ANDO, to my fans. That is confirmed, and promised. I have to be motivated to do that, to skate my heart out, showing my affections."

Custom Title
    So reading Cinnamon's post and not going back thru the 3 pages prior, is she not competing because she doesn't want to? Or because she doesn't have a coach. It's kind of hard to believe that someone of her calibre can't find one coach in Japan.

Quote Originally Posted by noskates View Post
    So reading Cinnamon's post and not going back thru the 3 pages prior, is she not competing because she doesn't want to? Or because she doesn't have a coach. It's kind of hard to believe that someone of her calibre can't find one coach in Japan.
    We can find her words here and there, from different times. Here for example:

Miki: "I'm sure that the next season 2013-14 is going to be my last competitive season. I hope to perform in competition again, no matter what level of competition I would be in. I would like to give my best effort, showing what I have done so far - 100%."

I hope my fans can have the moment with my proud performance, in my last competition - it would have been these GPS. My fans should deserve it, as they have supported me for such a long time. And I'm not able to do that at this moment (without a matching coach), so I have to skip this whole season 2012-13 unfortunately.

I couldn't prepare for these GPS, because I couldn't reach the matching coach, as I had counted on Nikolai(MOROZOV). In March, he said to me "I wouldn't be available for your coaching next season," he hasn't confirmed that in person, but actually he is unable.

Things have been changed of course from time to time. She is struggling and trying to find a way. In the most recent one it's said that she couldn't find a coach and she couldn't find passion to compete, because she was also exposed to show skating and enjoyed it a lot.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by cinnamon View Post
    It's not a coach, it's her mental set up. Parting from Morozov caused this.
    If at least one word is true here, then it's just funny. Miki should move on, no guy is worthy of mental suffering. There are a lot of nice men around. What disturbs me in this story is JSF position. Seems like they are not much in a hurry to find a coach for her. I can't believe that there is no coach for Miki, either Japapese or foreign, none whatsoever. If they really wanted her to compete, the would surely find the coach. My guess is they don't want to present three girls in Sochi who will retire after Sochi. At least one girl must be "for the future" presented as some kind of Mao Crown princess. Currently they are promoting Kanako a lot but it's not fixed yet. So, it's quite possible that we won't see Miki in competitions at all. But if let's say someone gets injuried, then JSF find the coach for Miki the same instant I am sure.

Quote Originally Posted by let`s talk View Post
    If at least one word is true here, then it's just funny. Miki should move on, no guy is worthy of mental suffering. There are a lot of nice men around. What disturbs me in this story is JSF position. Seems like they are not much in a hurry to find a coach for her. I can't believe that there is no coach for Miki, either Japapese or foreign, none whatsoever. If they really wanted her to compete, the would surely find the coach. My guess is they don't want to present three girls in Sochi who will retire after Sochi. At least one girl must be "for the future" presented as some kind of Mao Crown princess. Currently they are promoting Kanako a lot but it's not fixed yet. So, it's quite possible that we won't see Miki in competitions at all. But if let's say someone gets injuried, then JSF find the coach for Miki the same instant I am sure.
    Actually this spring they needed to ask Miki to sign for GP. Miki said somewhere she didn't have time to think about it but sign the contract in May. This is not the Olympic year yet, so they need her for the case of someone's injury as you have said. It is strange they seem like not helping her in finding a coach. On the other hand she is not a young girl. They can't really force her. She looks like dipressed all the time during the summer (from pictures). And her fans are worried every word she writes on web.
    Talking about age, Akiko is older and is taking year by year. No guarantee she is going to Olympics. Up and comers Japan has Miyahara and more, too.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast