Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 65

Thread: Ando out of GP - No coach

  1. #46
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    9,495
    It just sounds like a sorry situation all around.

    Let's Talk, it certainly sounds logical that JSF would want a young up-and-coming skater in the mix at Sochi. But it makes me sad to think of the ramifications of this idea.

  2. #47
    Celebrating the Excellence of #VirtueMoir golden411's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    4,719
    Today Daisuke Murakami ‏@DaisukeMurakami tweeted a happy photo of Ando and himself (although unclear whether the photo was taken today):
    Like my big sister@miki_m_ando #bestfriends #love #photooftheday http://instagr.am/p/Q3-mkoG7Sd/
    12:14 AM - 17 Oct 12
    https://twitter.com/DaisukeMurakami/...66060972457984

  3. #48
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Japan
    Posts
    2,188
    Here is an interview with Morozov (I assume taken at SA) where he explains that his refuse to work with Ando is based on personal reasons entirely. He says they had too many things, and their relationships is the reason why he can't work with her anymore. Morozov btw doesn't seem look well, tired or ... : www.youtube.com/watch?v=uVIJFmCotcU

  4. #49
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    3,588
    Quote Originally Posted by let`s talk View Post
    Here is an interview with Morozov (I assume taken at SA) where he explains that his refuse to work with Ando is based on personal reasons entirely. He says they had too many things, and their relationships is the reason why he can't work with her anymore. Morozov btw doesn't seem look well, tired or ... : www.youtube.com/watch?v=uVIJFmCotcU
    Just an unfortunate situation. I can't really blame him for not wanting to coach her if he still has feelings for her. They should have never taken the coach/pupil relationship to a romantic level, and it was his responsibility to make sure that did not happen.

  5. #50
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH
    Posts
    322
    Quote Originally Posted by let`s talk View Post
    Here is an interview with Morozov (I assume taken at SA) where he explains that his refuse to work with Ando is based on personal reasons entirely. He says they had too many things, and their relationships is the reason why he can't work with her anymore. Morozov btw doesn't seem look well, tired or ... : www.youtube.com/watch?v=uVIJFmCotcU
    I couldn't finish watching. Why on earth this "journalist" or whoever this person is, keeps asking Morozov all these questions?

  6. #51
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    2,688
    I am surprised Morosov didn't walk out of that weird or odd interview - he was reading the newspaper. Wasn't he married or dating Shaylen Bourne (Sp?). Or was it another skater?

  7. #52
    and... World Peace! Tonichelle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Kenai, AK
    Posts
    18,661
    Quote Originally Posted by Skater Boy View Post
    I am surprised Morosov didn't walk out of that weird or odd interview - he was reading the newspaper. Wasn't he married or dating Shaylen Bourne (Sp?). Or was it another skater?
    They're divorced now, she remarried a couple (?) years ago. This was all publisized.

    Generally we do not speak of skaters'/coaches' personal lives unless it was given out for public knowledge. We do not deal in rumors on GS, we respect their privacy.

  8. #53
    Beliver in Sasha's Perfect Program Tinymavy15's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    4,989
    it is an unfortunate situation. Morozov shouldn't have said anything...certainly the interviewer has no class. If they had a relationship that's their business. All he had to say was that the coaching situation didn't work out and that he wishes he the best, or something along those lines. They are both adults so I don't see the huge problem in their having a mutual relationship but neither of them should feel obliged to air it out to the press.

  9. #54
    and... World Peace! Tonichelle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Kenai, AK
    Posts
    18,661
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinymavy15 View Post
    it is an unfortunate situation. Morozov shouldn't have said anything...certainly the interviewer has no class. If they had a relationship that's their business. All he had to say was that the coaching situation didn't work out and that he wishes he the best, or something along those lines. They are both adults so I don't see the huge problem in their having a mutual relationship but neither of them should feel obliged to air it out to the press.
    I so agree. This "we need to know everything" mentality when it comes to "celebrities" (as a society in general) is too much, IMO.

  10. #55
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    9,495
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonichelle View Post
    I so agree. This "we need to know everything" mentality when it comes to "celebrities" (as a society in general) is too much, IMO.

    Definitely! I feel bad for celebrities who are publicly asked questions of that nature, and I'm generally repelled by famous people who air their private lives in minute detail. This need to inspect other people's intimate lives is very disturbing. The public's "right to know" should deal with other issues entirely.

  11. #56
    skating philosopher
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The land of Agent Dale Cooper
    Posts
    8,254
    That was so awkward to watch! It looks like they interviewed him at his hotel room during Skate America ( I noticed the Hilton Honors laynard). I'm surprised he agreed to it!

    And yes Olympia, it's amazing that people want the right to know about people's private lives, but could care less about when government officials and others are not public in the civic arena...

  12. #57
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    830
    Quote Originally Posted by drivingmissdaisy View Post
    Just an unfortunate situation. I can't really blame him for not wanting to coach her if he still has feelings for her. They should have never taken the coach/pupil relationship to a romantic level, and it was his responsibility to make sure that did not happen.
    Ugh, I can't make myself watch that video. I don't want to throw up.

    Personally, I think the responsibility is shared in a situation like this to keep the relationship professional. The power and responsibility doesn't all belong to the coach--actually, Miki as the skater, controls his paycheck. Miki was also an adult when he became her coach, not a naive young kid, so she should have gone into the situation with eyes wide open (and perhaps have known about his romantic history). Had she been a minor, then yes, the responsibility would have all been his to keep the relationship professional. Morosov coached Shizuka and nothing romantic came of that.

  13. #58
    Beliver in Sasha's Perfect Program Tinymavy15's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    4,989
    Quote Originally Posted by jaylee View Post
    Ugh, I can't make myself watch that video. I don't want to throw up.
    it sounds more like Morozov is on trial than a PR interview.

  14. #59
    Miserere Nobis
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Texas Darling
    Posts
    1,529
    Quote Originally Posted by Skater Boy View Post
    If she really wanted to skate she doesn't need a coach. Hmm...
    I disagree. Yes, some skaters have managed to coach themselves to Nats and Worlds medals, but there is a reason why 99.99% of competitive skaters still retain their coaches. It's simply wiser to have a second set of eyes evaluating your training sessions, since you can't watch yourself skate and--as was mentioned by several others--professionals are useful for pointing out the tiny details that could become major slips or falls. If it were a matter of pure ability or self-motivation, as you suggest, then a good majority of the international names would be on their own, but it's much more than that.

  15. #60
    The Zamboni Rocks!!! sillylionlove's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    East of the Pacific, West of the Atlantic, South of Canada and North of Mexico
    Posts
    1,890
    I think he is just creepy!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •