Ando out of GP - No coach | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Ando out of GP - No coach

Victura

On the Ice
Personally I don't think Miki has anything to prove - and if the motivation is not there or if she hasn't found the right training environment - she should go ahead and skate in shows etc. Sometimes I think as fans we forget how lonely figure skating can be for the athletes....

I agree with this. She's already accomplished a lot, and it never seemed like her heart was in a comeback. I hope whatever she decides for the rest of the season that she can find joy in skating again.

janetfan

Match Penalty
It's not a coach, it's her mental set up. Parting from Morozov caused this.

Can't be sure if you are right - but for sure you are more honest than many here who also smell the stench of Morozov but are too timid to admit it.

cinnamon

On the Ice
All her Japanese fans know about it and worry about her. They really love Miki.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
sorry I do agree skaters no matter how good need a coach. Patrick Chan listen up you need a tech coach - go crawling back to Krall! However, things happen and sometimes you have to make lemonade out of lemons including skating without a coach until you find one. Ando might as well have said she didn't have a dress for her freeskate LOL. But I don't understand unless she really wants an Olympic medal why she would come back?? Or needs too? Of course she does have that chance to win a world title and olympic medal. The Russians might find themselves with only two skaters if they can't solve the puberty monster and Leonova can't shock the world a second year. Mao, Suzuki and Murakami are wild cards though the odds are one will win a medal at least if not two. Carolina is know for her luck but that could run out soon too to I could see Ando sneaking in for another medal or title. And we have no idea what shape Yuna is in. People talk the talk but who knows the truth. The truth is on the ice. And ice is slippery...very slippery!!!

Every time I see this thread, I feel sad. Miki seems to be such a nice person, and she's one of the few ladies' singles skaters around today with muscles (both literal and metaphorical) and a pretty consistent track record, and we can ill afford to lose her. A lot of the ladies today are hopefuls, not-quites, getting-theres, or (and I mean this lovingly) headcases. Of reasonably current skaters, Ando has more World Championships under her belt than anyone but Mao. She's one of the strongest jumpers, and she has become a solid artist. Very upsetting to think that she doesn't have the motivation for this anymore.

Last edited:

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
I think she may have moved on to shows; she still likes skating and who knows about that Morosov relationship thing. But I don't really understand does she want to compete for herself - she needs to answer that and not worry about JSF or anything or anyone else.

cinnamon

On the Ice
I think she may have moved on to shows; she still likes skating and who knows about that Morosov relationship thing. But I don't really understand does she want to compete for herself - she needs to answer that and not worry about JSF or anything or anyone else.
As I understand from her site, she doesn't want to "disapper" like this. She will try to come back next season to compete, and then move on. (This season she is not eligible to enter Nationals, which means no Worlds.)

Last edited:

lilywang

Rinkside
Poor Miki. I was really looking forward to seeing her back, mature skaters like her always bring something extra to the competition.

Anyway, hope her the best, and stay as far away from Morozov as possible, he is like bad news.

pangtongfan

Match Penalty
As I understand from her site, she doesn't want to "disapper" like this. She will try to come back next season to compete, and then move on. (This season she is not eligible to enter Nationals, which means no Worlds.)

I dont see her skating in any major or really serious competitions again. She will not want to come back just to miss her Olympic team and come 4th or 6th at Nationals next year. She will likely compete somewhere to end her career but a fluff event like the Japan Open next year to end her career.

russell30

Final Flight
I think Miki has intentions on competing at Sochi - that is Miki's plans and goal, that is the only thing lacking from her resume- an olympic medal - Just needs to find the right group of people around her - Miki to me seems mentally vulnerable and may suffer with depression - she reminds me a bit of Adrian Schultheiss. Miki has time, I would like her to be happy - i don't think it is forced - Miki wants to be at sochi. IF her comeback is derailed she still has the olympic season to prepare.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
I really hope she can just be at peace with herself. So many people chasing after the dream when the bloom may not be so fresh - Pang and Tong, Ando, Ssquared, kostner, Zhangs, Joubert, Plushenko, Weir, Lyacek, ... I admire Buttle and his ability to move on. We can word it as competitiveness and fire versus egomania and greed - of course the skaters will say it is for competitiveness and the pure joy of skating - do you really think Evan or Plushy will say itis because they want to be in the history books as 2xOGM and be king of the world.. Many great skaters don't have an Olympic medal ie. Kurt Browning and defniitely not gold -poor Canadian men so many real threats and no Oly gold - Buttle, Orser, Browning, Stoijko, Chan so far.no OGM. On this site we have so many faves but remember only 3 medals (usually lol). So people love Mao, Suzuki, Wagner, Gold, Zhang, Korpi, Kostner,leonova, Adelina,Tuk, Julia L., Yuna, Zawadiak, Miki and Osmond now. that is like 15 skaters for 3 medals. Miki needs to be happy no matter what happens. Not to be mean but psychologically there probably is more to it with all these returning skaters and their "stuttering" or hesitation to compete. Remember for example Evan was to be around last year. Weir is one of the few who skated without a hitch (yes, I know the world injury has ben used but who really knows - I am sorry if I sound cynical but these injuries - if were the Olympic games do you think it would stop them from competing? I remember at the last Olympics Vaughn Chipeur from Canada was injured and it became more apparent he probably should have given up his spot but he didn't. All for Oly glory and to compete athe Oly games in his home nation - we have seen it with Flatt and the rest.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
... I am sorry if I sound cynical but these injuries - if were the Olympic games do you think it would stop them from competing? ...

Isn't Sochi 2014 a perfectly good reason for skaters to allow themselves to fully heal from injuries during this pre-Olympic season -- with the hope that next season the injuries are absolutely 100% behind them?
I'm not saying that an Olympic medal should be a litmus test for an athlete's overall career success, but for many sports, the Olympics are the ultimate goal. Nothing wrong with that.

Awww I love Elena but I was also hoping for that spot to be given to Mirai... ah well, c'est la vie :)

According to the most recent version of GP entry, spots for Kexin Zhang have been crossed out. Don't know why :( but it definitely gives Mirai a chance for two gp spots.

FSGMT

Record Breaker
According to the most recent version of GP entry, spots for Kexin Zhang have been crossed out. Don't know why :( but it definitely gives Mirai a chance for two gp spots.
I hope Mirai will get another assignement, she really deserves it! And, with Miki and Carolina out of TEB, she could have a podium chance there, too... I hope Osmond will receive CoC, too.

noskates

Record Breaker
I have always loved watching Mirai skate - and that smile of hers can light up any venue. But I just feel like in the last few years since her growth spurt that she's skating more in her head than relying on her training and experience. I would love to see her get a GP assignment and do well - think it would do wonders for her confidence. If Mirai is "on" I don't think there is an American lady that can beat her! And I do wish a couple of them would just retire already.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
I think my point about injuries it is interesting the comeback skaters have so many difficulties "coming back". Is it injury or they aren't psychologically ready. As for Mirai she won a bronze recently folks she's not out of it. But remember only two us ladies go to worlds. We love Mirai, Ashley, Caroline, Gold, Alissa, Zawadiak and some hold on to hope in Flatt but there are two spots only. someone has got to go and in fact only so many can be on the A team too. The new Rachel (consistency hope is probably Ashley so that leaves who will get the second spot - someone who has great potential but not know for consistency or the up and coming and maybe arrived Gold (going for Gold perhaps?).