Thread: Ashley Wagner - "I get to do what I love, every day" (Blog on ESPNW)

0 Not allowed!

Ashley Wagner - "I get to do what I love, every day" (Blog on ESPNW)

http://espn.go.com/espnw/blog/post/1...love-every-day

I'm confident I have some talent, but I think the one thing that got me to the point where I am now is I'm a ridiculously hard worker. Everything I've accomplished as a skater is the result of a lot of blood, sweat and tears -- the old-fashioned way. I'm on the ice 20 to 25 hours a week depending on the season, and I spend an hour or two off-ice each day doing yoga, core weight training, swimming, running and circuit training.

0 Not allowed!
    Since that season where she was skating dances polovetsians it was obvious the change, she is consistent, her body is really fit, reflect of all work, I am glad her achievements. She and Mao deserve the best.

0 Not allowed!
    I've liked Ashley since finding out about her in 2005 - she was still skating for Alaska back then though she'd moved. She was so cute as a little novice skater.

Tripping on the Podium

0 Not allowed!
    Nice article by Ashley. I didn't know ESPN had a W(omen) blog. Maybe they'll do a series for figure skating ...

and light a fire under Phil Hersch and encourage him to write some quality articles

Bona Fide Member

0 Not allowed!
    Yes, the problem is every other skater (exaggeration) also trains hard, works out after hours, takes dance classes and works on their core and weights and flexibility and.... I rather doubt you land a triple lutz eating potato chips while watch re runs of friends on a fake leather couch!

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by brightphoton View Post
    Nice article by Ashley. I didn't know ESPN had a W(omen) blog. Maybe they'll do a series for figure skating ...
    They did a series of articles on Rachael Flatt last season, people linked to it here, IIRC. I'm not a regular reader of ESPNW, though I do like to check out Kathryn Bertine's columns, she's doing some interesting things and writes well, too (and she's a former skater!)

As for Ashley - I like her as a skater, but I don't feel that post gave me any particular insights into who she is. For readers less familiar with the life of a skater, it might be more interesting.