Ashley Wagner - "I get to do what I love, every day" (Blog on ESPNW) | Golden Skate

Ashley Wagner - "I get to do what I love, every day" (Blog on ESPNW)

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Ashley Wagner - "I get to do what I love, every day" (Blog on ESPNW)

http://espn.go.com/espnw/blog/post/1985/i-get-do-love-every-day

I'm confident I have some talent, but I think the one thing that got me to the point where I am now is I'm a ridiculously hard worker. Everything I've accomplished as a skater is the result of a lot of blood, sweat and tears -- the old-fashioned way. I'm on the ice 20 to 25 hours a week depending on the season, and I spend an hour or two off-ice each day doing yoga, core weight training, swimming, running and circuit training.

Barb

Record Breaker
Since that season where she was skating dances polovetsians it was obvious the change, she is consistent, her body is really fit, reflect of all work, I am glad her achievements. She and Mao deserve the best.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I've liked Ashley since finding out about her in 2005 - she was still skating for Alaska back then though she'd moved. She was so cute as a little novice skater. :)

brightphoton

Medalist
Nice article by Ashley. I didn't know ESPN had a W(omen) blog. Maybe they'll do a series for figure skating ...

and light a fire under Phil Hersch and encourage him to write some quality articles

Buttercup

Record Breaker
Nice article by Ashley. I didn't know ESPN had a W(omen) blog. Maybe they'll do a series for figure skating ...
They did a series of articles on Rachael Flatt last season, people linked to it here, IIRC. I'm not a regular reader of ESPNW, though I do like to check out Kathryn Bertine's columns, she's doing some interesting things and writes well, too (and she's a former skater!)

As for Ashley - I like her as a skater, but I don't feel that post gave me any particular insights into who she is. For readers less familiar with the life of a skater, it might be more interesting.