Mishin about PLUSHENKO, GACHINSKI, TUKTAMISHEVA
Alexey Mishin: Evgeni PLUSHENKO showed in Japan both bright, and dark sides
10 | 10 | 2012 13:39
At command competition Japan Open the Russian skater Evgeni PLUSHENKO skated unsuccessfully. He fell in the end of the program and took only fourth place. However PLUSHENKO's coach Alexey Mishin (on a photo) considers that the program of the skater had many bright paints and perfectly executed jumps. Fall and the crumpled final part are because program not-enough-trained as a whole. Also Alexey Mishin declared to the correspondent FTsP-Press (www.fcp-press.ru) that is dissatisfied with Artur GACHINSKI's performance, and told about plans of one more ward – skater Elizaveta TUKTAMISHEVA.
- How do you estimate Evgeni PLUSHENKO's performance on Japan Open?
- Evgeni's performance can be noted two paints: bright and victorious, and partially dark and negative. On trainings in Japan he showed a brilliant condition and was almost the best among the competitors. He landed with ease quad jumps, and two quads at once that he didn't do since 2005. Landed triple axel. His new manner of behavior on ice was pleasant for everybody. I mean his relationship of the skate with ice. He corresponded to modern rules and spirit of skating more.
During the preparatory period our main attention was given to development of difficult elements that, because of injury, were given him with great difficulty. Now this problem of a technical set of difficult elements is solved.
But we did not work enough on skating all program entirely. Therefore he in two minutes of skating in Japan usually was tired, having crumpled the final part of program. Though started Eugene perfectly, having executed two quad jumps and a 3A. Fatigue in a final part is a reason of his low rplace in table of participants. Mistakes were elementary: falling from the double axel, not up to the end executed rotation and so on.
Evgeni excellently performed the rod moments which we wanted to show. He left about himself very good impression in community of figure skating which apprehended him as one of applicants for entry into the highest elite of world figure skating. If to speak about formal result, it, of course, didn't suit us. And as a whole this trip was very useful because it revealed both positive sides, and negative.
- What will be his next competitions?
- While we decide on dates. We only collected all jumping arsenal in a heap, now it is necessary to make a possibility to execute all elements together. Then we will choose any competition for participation. Probably, it may be one of events of the Cup of Russia or any international event. Now Evgeni is not ready to perform all program entirely, we need to fulfill an endurance component.
- What will you tell by results of Artur GACHINSKI's performance on the Federation Cup in Sochi?
- I am dissatisfied with its performance on this competition. The end of the past season and the beginning of this season are not good for Artur. He can't show result as good as he is capable. I believe, it is because of personal circumstances of the athlete. To speak in the past tense about the athlete who was the third in the Worlds and the second in the European championship, prematurely. He has now such a period which he will endure and leaves on level which corresponds to his endowments and talent.
- Will Elizaveta TUKTAMISHEVA be at the Canadian Event of the Grand Prix?
- Yes, she will go to Canada. On October 20 we together with Liza and Artur take off for Canada where we will have small training campg. And we will take place on October 26 and 27 on the Grand Prix.
- Will the result of this competitinon be important?
- Only the coach who dissembles, can tell that it the result doesn't interest. The result is always important. Our goal - to earn a podium.
Dmitry Rachitsky. Photo Maxim Konyaev, PR+Sport agency
Last edited by AlexRus; 10-10-2012 at 12:41 PM.
Huge Scott Moir Fan
That worries me that Mishin will be happy with Liza only getting on the podium considering that she's defending champ. I know she's been dealing with puberty and injuries, and I really hope that she can defend her title. It would do wonders for her confidence, and I feel like her jump technique is the best out there, so she hopefully has a better shot at dealing with growing pains.
Mishin's comments rarely seem to make much sense to me. I thought Plushy cleary showed his age at the JO and his program left alot to be desired - and I am trying to be nice when I say that
Originally Posted by Macassar88
As to Liza......I guess we have to wait and see how she skates. I think USA fans have seen little phenoms come and go for years now.
In Russia it seems to be new.
Irina is the only Russian lady I ever saw hit the scene at a young age and actually have a long career.
Last edited by janetfan; 10-11-2012 at 05:34 AM.
I am delighted to see Liza in Skate Canada, at least I hope she has confidence, I don't expect a clean skate from her considering she just recovered from an injury
as for Artur, he is always hot and cold skater, he has no mental toughness at all which is surprising since he is exposed to Plushenko a lot
we will know tommorow Liza's status, she will compete in St.Petersburg competition
Originally Posted by Macassar88
SP start page: http://fsevents.narod.ru/event/s1213/cup2spb/SEG021.HTM
Last edited by sky_fly20; 10-10-2012 at 11:52 AM.
Mishin basically said plushenko left a lot to be desired. He didn't say he was great.
Russia has a lot of experience with girl phenoms. It s why mishim was so hesitant with female students. I am including soviet skaters in pairs and singles. Elena v and 1980 olympic silver medalist in pairs- grew so much her career ended. So this is not a new phenomenon because it's been happening in pairs and sometimes in singles but then ladies singles was never a high priority.
Mishim has been talking about personal issues with gachinski since worlds-hope that is resolved because it's certainly lasting a long time.
Last edited by gmyers; 10-10-2012 at 12:58 PM.
As extra info - Artur GACHINSKI's interview
Artur GACHINSKI: still I fly a back, the course from 10 procedures yet didn't end
10.10.2012 16:42:01 | Figure skating | News
The bronze medal-winner of the Worlds-2011 Arthur Gachinsky continues back plan of treatment. Problems with health became the reason not absolutely successful performance of Alexey Mishin's skater on recent "Federation Cup" in Sochi where he took the third place. Artur GACHINSKI told about it to TEAM RUSSIA-2014 portal.
«The main task which we with my coach Alexey Nikolaevich Mishin, put at test competitions in Sochi is to check and understand, new programs in respect of arrangement of elements are how convenient for me, - Artur GACHINSKI told. – And after performance it became clear that something should be changed. As a matter of fact, over it we now also work. So, by and large, total result "Federation Cup" in Sochi was for me – certainly, is important, but not so. The matter is that I still fly a back. I make a course from 10 procedures, and it yet didn't end. To me made seven procedures, remained three more. I do ultrasound, dirt. Then it will be necessary to see a doctor – I think, doctor will appoint something in addition».
«Nevertheless, problems with a back don't mean that we intend to refuse participation in a Grand Prix series, - Artur GACHINSKI assured. – On October 20 we with Alexey Nikolaevich (Mishin) take off for Canada for participation in the second GP Event which will be on October 16-28 in Windsor».
Thanks - and I admit alot can be lost in translation. But Plushy "the Swan" - sorry, but I can think of many better ways to showcase his talents.
Originally Posted by gmyers
No doubt about young Russian Pairs or Ice Dancers - but who are these young single skating phenom girls from the past that made a mark on the world stage?
I remember Irina - but not any others until Adelina and Liza made a big Intl impact the past few seasons.
I am sure there were some who attracted notice in Russia - but I am talking about international impact.
The truth is historically Russian ladies have had little impact on skating. The lack of WC and Olympic medals is not accidental.
Last edited by janetfan; 10-10-2012 at 12:53 PM.
Wicked Yankee Girl