Mishin about Plushenko, Gachinski, Tuktamysheva | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Mishin about Plushenko, Gachinski, Tuktamysheva

lilywang

Rinkside
We all know that Mishin will be pushing Tukta harder than ever after her disappointing fourth-place finish at Skate Canada. I think he was hoping for a repeat championship, and she didn't even make the podium...

I understand that she needs to get ready for TEB, but I hope he cuts her a break especially with the stress of puberty and a changing body already weighing on her. At any rate, she'll need to be pretty exemplary to make the GPF at this point.

How do you know that Mishin is pushing Liza and will give her stress? Mishin has said many times in interviews, he does not like to push skaters. It is up to the skaters to decide whether they want to push themselves.

Mishin is a co-coach of Liza, Svetlana Veretennikova is her long-time coach since she was little. From Liza's interview, she is a very loving and nurturing person. When Liza joined Mishin's group, Mishin has insisted that Veretennikova would continue to coach Liza and give her the support.

ForeverFish

Medalist
How do you know that Mishin is pushing Liza and will give her stress? Mishin has said many times in interviews, he does not like to push skaters. It is up to the skaters to decide whether they want to push themselves.

Mishin is a co-coach of Liza, Svetlana Veretennikova is her long-time coach since she was little. From Liza's interview, she is a very loving and nurturing person. When Liza joined Mishin's group, Mishin has insisted that Veretennikova would continue to coach Liza and give her the support.

Never said he was giving her stress. Puberty and growth spurts are giving her stress, which is why I think that neither of her coaches should be too hard on her, even after the Skate Canada loss.

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
We all know that Mishin will be pushing Tukta harder than ever after her disappointing fourth-place finish at Skate Canada. I think he was hoping for a repeat championship, and she didn't even make the podium...

I understand that she needs to get ready for TEB, but I hope he cuts her a break especially with the stress of puberty and a changing body already weighing on her. At any rate, she'll need to be pretty exemplary to make the GPF at this point.

I don't know why a lot of people think that Mishin is a cruel and hard coach who is pushing hardly his skaters? You assumed something, but you don't have proofs. You should know the opinions of his pupils.
Has Liza disappointing results? Why? He was injured and it was not certain that she will be in SC. If you watched the race, you remember how happy were Liza and Mishin after Liza's skating. I think they were realistic and Liza brought the results what they expected.
The problem is Liza's weight, she hasn't grown too much, but became thicker.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
If you watched the race, you remember how happy were Liza and Mishin after Liza's skating. I think they were realistic and Liza brought the results what they expected. The problem is Liza's weight, she hasn't grown too much, but became thicker.

true. Liza was injured but if she could at least get back to shape or lose a few pounds at the middle of the season, she will do well for the remaining of the season

Mirunna

Record Breaker
true. Liza was injured but if she could at least get back to shape or lose a few pounds at the middle of the season, she will do well for the remaining of the season

She DOES NOT need to lose a few pounds. She simply needs to adjust to her body changes which are normal for any 15 year old. Her injury didn't help either. Her jumps are there, she needs more time and practice. She never relied on her tiny frame to rotate her jumps(like many skaters do), she has a great technique and that is why I believe her jumps will survive puberty without starving herself

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
She DOES NOT need to lose a few pounds. She simply needs to adjust to her body changes which are normal for any 15 year old. Her injury didn't help either. Her jumps are there, she needs more time and practice. She never relied on her tiny frame to rotate her jumps(like many skaters do), she has a great technique and that is why I believe her jumps will survive puberty without starving herself

yes Liza has very much good technique but it will be easier for her to adjust if she lose of a few pounds
borderline weight like Zhang or Flatt might give her problems because she is petite, I disagree with those who say her body will turn like Elene's
Elene had more squarish body Liza never had a big Toot toot also.

I read in Russian forum on reason Liza gained weight is because she eats too much Ice Cream.
If Liza will be ok with it, I hope Mishin monitors what she is eating or maybe she could skip meals/minimize intakes a day, that could help her imo

Mirunna

Record Breaker
yes Liza has very much good technique but it will be easier for her to adjust if she lose of a few pounds
borderline weight like Zhang or Flatt might give her problems because she is petite, I disagree with those who say her body will turn like Elene's
Elene had more squarish body Liza never had a big Toot toot also.

I read in Russian forum on reason Liza gained weight is because she eats too much Ice Cream.
If Liza will be ok with it, I hope Mishin monitors what she is eating or maybe she could skip meals/minimize intakes a day, that could help her imo

AlexRus said on another topic that she and her team are careful with her gaining and that she is keeping a strict diet, like other skaters(http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/showthread.php?37539-Russian-National-Team-Skating-Trials/page11)
Skipping meals is bad and I hope she is advised against it. A strict diet on a 15 year old is very very unhealthy, since her body is still developing. Yes, her body shape could be troublesome buy health must come first IMO.

Evgenia

Rinkside
What is Gachinski's personal problem? unrequited love? :think:

Skipping meals is bad and I hope she is advised against it. A strict diet on a 15 year old is very very unhealthy, since her body is still developing. Yes, her body shape could be troublesome buy health must come first IMO.
Yes, to skip a meal is the worst. she just needs to stay away from the temptation of ice creams :)

seniorita

Record Breaker
How would someone know what Liza eats, ice cream or not?
I cant possibly know what she eats but in the summer training I attended she was training at least 6 hours a day.
Anyway she is a 15 year old growing it is only normal she would get weight, even more than it should.

Macassar88

Medalist
What is Gachinski's personal problem? unrequited love? :think:

Yes, to skip a meal is the worst. she just needs to stay away from the temptation of ice creams :)
Or use ice cream as a reward - like if she lands the 3A in competition, she gets to eat some! (Although that's mainly because I really want her to do 3A by Sochi)

ForeverFish

Medalist

This. I would prefer, actually, that she doesn't actively try to lose weight. She needs some strength to launch herself into the air, and weight loss is just one more stress that she doesn't need. She can adapt to body changes like most of the other ladies.