Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Lysacek out, Mahbanoozadeh in

Custom Title
    I¨m not surprised about Evan´s withdrawal from SA...., have expected it to happen since reading that he was suffering from an injury. I hope that he will be patient and let the injury heal completely before participating in any competitions. Anyway, better now than in next season!

Custom Title
    Evan's not coming back.

Custom Title
    Thats what everyone said about Sasha... She too, bailed out of her Grand Prix event. I bet she wishes she could have had the practice before Nationals.I think If he is in condition, he will come back.

Celebrating the Excellence of #VirtueMoir golden411's Avatar
    U.S. Figure Skating ‏@USFigureSkating is tweeting quotes and notes from Lysacek's media teleconference this afternoon.

“I am obviously very disappointed that I will not be competing next week as the anticipation was building and I was excited." - Evan Lysacek
    2:35 PM - 11 Oct 12

"Things were going very well in my preparations for Skate America.” - Evan Lysacek (Prior to his injury)
    2:36 PM - 11 Oct 12

Lysacek re-aggravated an injury to his right groin and was on track to recover for Skate America prior to his setback.
    2:37 PM - 11 Oct 12

Lysacek noted that his injury is "not serious" and he hopes to return to the ice soon.
    2:38 PM - 11 Oct 12

Lysacek hopes to skate in a competition prior to the 2013 U.S. Championships and will work with U.S. Figure Skating to find an assignment.
    2:39 PM - 11 Oct 12

ETA, tweets from Lynn Rutherford ‏@LynnRutherford:

ELysacek confirmed on media call he has asked USFS to search for a senior B assignment for him, so he can achieve TES min. score for worlds.
    2:46 PM - 11 Oct 12

Lysacek described his injury as a "re-aggravation" of prior groin pull, not serious or (hopefully) long lasting. Check @icenetwork for more.
    2:48 PM - 11 Oct 12

@mposl He just had call; his doctor said the reaggravation would prevent his competing next wk but it should recover & is not a big setback
    2:52 PM - 11 Oct 12

ETA:
    The IN report on the media call is here: http://web.icenetwork.com/news/artic...&vkey=ice_news
    Last edited by golden411; 10-11-2012 at 05:23 PM.

Custom Title
    I agree with Waxel. I don't think you can properly train for competition by skating a couple years of Stars on Ice. Sasha wasn't trying to land quads and 3As when she came back!

Quote Originally Posted by plushyfan View Post
    I'm sure Evan is injured. The question is for me: Why Armin? I think Joshua would be better!
    Why not, Armin? He finished 4th on the podium @ US Nationals last season, and earned a bronze medal @ Skate America a few seasons ago. I was surprised that he didn't have a GP assignment prior to this announcement. I do think Joshua has a great future ahead of him (along with Jason Brown).

Quote Originally Posted by iluvtodd View Post
    Why not, Armin? He finished 4th on the podium @ US Nationals last season, and earned a bronze medal @ Skate America a few seasons ago. I was surprised that he didn't have a GP assignment prior to this announcement. I do think Joshua has a great future ahead of him (along with Jason Brown).
    I agree. I am thrilled that Armin will be at SA. As for Evan hope he has a speedy recovery.

Custom Title
    I'm sorry Even is injured but Armin really, really deserved a GP spot this year. I'm happy he'll get to compete at SA.

Quote Originally Posted by iluvtodd View Post
    I'm sure Joshua has a great future, so I thought that would be good decision from the UFSA, if he comes out in seniors. Jason Brown is very talented, but his level of jumping isn't enough.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by plushyfan View Post
    I'm sure Evan is injured. The question is for me: Why Armin? I think Joshua would be better!
    Joshua is competing in the JGP this year, and has already qualified for the JGP final in Sochi. If I recall correctly, a skater cannot compete in both the GP and JGP during the same season.

Quote Originally Posted by SkateFan66 View Post
    Joshua is competing in the JGP this year, and has already qualified for the JGP final in Sochi. If I recall correctly, a skater cannot compete in both the GP and JGP during the same season.
    You're right! Thanks!

Custom Title
    I find it hard to believe everyone says things were going so well until the injury -really or was it you don't want to look like a fool so you need more time? It is hard to believe almost anyone. It is always so positive but surely as many improve or get better there has to be more who drop or develop problems with their skating. or perhaps we should all buy lottery tickets. I just really hope skaters could be happy with what they have. If Evan really wants to skate than great and only he knows his real motives. I hope it isn't ego because Evan has had his great fortune in 2010 and shouldn't push it. It is possible he might not even make the US team though I do believe there will be a lot of people wanting him to go to sochi with his Vera Wang costume of course (LOL).

Custom Title

Custom Title
    Weird that I just saw a commercial for SA trumpeting Evan's return to it next week etc. You'd have thought they would have changed it

Custom Title
    NBC is going to treat it like breaking news in the broadcast like they did with Sasha Cohen or the last withdrawl of Lysacek

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast