Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 105 of 327

Thread: Grand Prix Early Predictions Game

  1. #91
    Custom Title FSGMT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    2,963
    So, this is the current "podium":
    1) ImaginaryPogue (1413.7)
    2) SubRosa (1359.3)
    3) skatingfan04 (1307.5)

  2. #92
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Берлин, Germany
    Posts
    102
    OMG I was really bad on Skate America, so these are my new bets and thus new hopes.
    Skate Canada:
    Men:
    1 Nobunari ODA
    2 Patrick CHAN
    3 Javier FERNANDEZ
    4 Takahito MURA
    5 Artur GACHINSKI
    6 Ross MINER

    Ladies:

    1 Elizaveta TUKTAMYSHEVA
    2 Akiko SUZUKI
    3 Gracie GOLD
    4 Kanako MURAKAMI
    5 Polina SHELEPEN
    6 Ksenia MAKAROVA

    Pairs:

    1 Aliona SAVCHENKO / Robin SZOLKOWY
    2 Meagan DUHAMEL / Eric RADFORD
    3 Stefania BERTON / Ondrej HOTAREK
    4 Paige LAWRENCE / Rudi SWIEGERS
    5 Tiffany VISE / Don BALDWIN
    6 Lindsay DAVIS / Mark LADWIG

    Dance:
    1 Tessa VIRTUE / Scott MOIR
    2 Anna CAPPELLINI / Luca LANOTTE
    3 Ekaterina RIAZANOVA / Ilia TKACHENKO
    4 Madison HUBBELL / Zachary DONOHUE
    5 Piper GILLES / Paul POIRIER
    6 Pernelle CARRON / Lloyd JONES

  3. #93
    More or less: more is more sequinsgalore's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    4,237
    My predictions

    Men
    1. Patrick Chan CAN
    2. Javier Fernandez ESP
    3. Nobunari Oda JPN
    4. Florent Amodio FRA
    5. Ross Miner USA
    6. Takahito Mura JPN
    7. Denis Ten KAZ
    8. Artur Gachinski
    9. Liam Firus CAN
    10. Ellajd Balde CAN

    Ladies
    1. Akiko Suzuki JPN
    2. Elizaveta Tuktamisheva RUS
    3. Gracie Gold USA
    4. Kaetlyn Osmond CAN
    5. Kanako Murakami JPN
    6. Elene Gedevanishvili GEO
    7. Amelie Lacoste CAN
    8. Ksenia Makarova RUS
    9. Polina Shelepen RUS
    10. Caroline Zhang USA

    Pairs
    1. Aliona Savchenko / Robin Szolkowy GER
    2. Meagan Duhamel / Eric Radford CAN
    3. Paige Lawrence / Rudi Swiegers CAN
    4. Stefania Berton / Ondrej Hotarek ITA
    5. Tiffany Vise / Don Baldwin USA
    6. Daria Popova / Bruno Massot FRA
    7. Lindsay Davis / Mark Ladwig USA

    Ice Dance
    1. Tessa Virtue / Scott Moir CAN
    2. Anna Cappellini / Luca Lanotte ITA
    3. Piper Gilles / Paul Poirier CAN
    4. Madison Hubbell / Zachary Donohue USA
    5. Ekaterina Riazanova / Ilia Tkachenko RUS
    6. Julia Zlobina / Alexei Sitnikov AZE
    7. Kharis Ralph / Asher Hill CAN
    8. Pernelle Carron / Lloyd Jones FRA

  4. #94
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    5,678
    Quote Originally Posted by Irishflip View Post
    You are aware it's top 5 placements in each category right? And you pick a sixth as an alternate, i.e one of your top 5 withdraw everyone moves up one place and it's scored from there.

    I was not aware of the game since I never participated in one before. Thought I was just having some fun with predictions for once. Since I missed doing it for SA (where I privately predicted Kozuka to win even after the SP), I guess I need to be extremely accurate to catch up, eh?


    Men:

    1. Chan (SP WR)
    2. Oda
    3. Gachinski
    4. Fernandez
    5. Amodio

    Ladies:

    1. Osmond
    2. Suzuki
    3. Tuktamysheva
    4. Gold
    5. Zhang

    Pairs:

    1. S/S
    2 D/R
    3. L/S
    4. P/M
    5. B/H

    Ice Dance:

    1. V/M
    2. C/L
    3. G/P
    4. R,H
    5. R/T

  5. #95
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    105
    Quote Originally Posted by SkateFiguring View Post
    I was not aware of the game since I never participated in one before. Thought I was just having some fun with predictions for once. Since I missed doing it for SA (where I privately predicted Kozuka to win even after the SP), I guess I need to be extremely accurate to catch up, eh?
    Ha, you'll also need everyone else to suddenly take leave of their senses. Good to see someone who doesn't give up on their skater just because it doesn't look likely that they'll win. If Osmond wins you'll have a huge amount of points no one else will have as very few people placed her on the podium let alone the top so she better skate well for you.

  6. #96
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    5,678
    Quote Originally Posted by Irishflip View Post
    Ha, you'll also need everyone else to suddenly take leave of their senses. Good to see someone who doesn't give up on their skater just because it doesn't look likely that they'll win. If Osmond wins you'll have a huge amount of points no one else will have as very few people placed her on the podium let alone the top so she better skate well for you.
    It's not always about the senses. Maybe just one sense.

    One winning pick would not do that much for me. There are no odds as for wagers.

    eta. It's not about "my skaters". This is neither a wish list nor a logical list. Just odds by some odd sense.
    Last edited by SkateFiguring; 10-25-2012 at 04:35 PM.

  7. #97
    skating philosopher Mrs. P's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The land of Agent Dale Cooper
    Posts
    9,349
    Paris from SA are done -- check out the scores on the first page of this thread. Lots of perfect scores (yay!).

    ETA: I will have to make some adjustments on some of the scores for those of you had Dube/Wolfe and or Kemp/King in your picks. In those cases, I will use your alternate among your top 5.

  8. #98
    Custom Title DianaSelene's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1,205
    Pairs

    1. Savchenko/Szolkowy
    2. Duhamel/Radford
    3. Berton/Hotarek
    4. Lawrence/Sweigers
    5. Davis/Ladwig
    6. Vise/Baldwin

    Men

    1. Patrick Chan
    2. Nobunari Oda
    3. Javier Fernandez
    4. Artur Gachinski
    5. Florent Amodio
    6. Takahito Mura

    Ice Dance

    1. Virtue/Moir
    2. Cappellini/Lanotte
    3. Riazanova/Tkachenko
    4. Hubbell/Donohue
    5. Gilles/Poirier
    6. Ralph/Hill

    Ladies

    1. Akiko Suzuki
    2. Elizaveta Tuktamysheva
    3. Gracie Gold
    4. Kanako Murakami
    5. Kaetlyn Osmond
    6. Ksenia Makarova

  9. #99
    skating philosopher Mrs. P's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The land of Agent Dale Cooper
    Posts
    9,349
    Okay the pairs picks are updated all the way.

    After three disciplines calculated here is our top 5:

    1.) ImaginaryPogue 2205.44
    2.) federica 2160.40
    3.) SubRosa 2144.92
    4.) FSGMT 2085.95
    5.) tulosai 2043.74

  10. #100
    Spiral Lover tulosai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Paris, France
    Posts
    3,070
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. P View Post
    Okay the pairs picks are updated all the way.

    After three disciplines calculated here is our top 5:

    1.) ImaginaryPogue 2205.44
    2.) federica 2160.40
    3.) SubRosa 2144.92
    4.) FSGMT 2085.95
    5.) tulosai 2043.74
    Haha oh my goodness. I thought with having put Leonova as the top lady I was done for forever.

    Thanks for doing this!!

  11. #101
    Constable , Costume Police colleen o'neill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    1,798
    Macassar..are you mad at me ? According to the spreadsheet , I'm at 2069.1

    Tulosai's avatar is so darned CUTE, I hate to mention it , but I have to pipe up , because I fear I'm doomed with my SC picks ...

    ( And I could always drop out of sight after the 4th discipline)
    Last edited by colleen o'neill; 10-26-2012 at 12:33 AM.

  12. #102
    skating philosopher Mrs. P's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The land of Agent Dale Cooper
    Posts
    9,349
    Quote Originally Posted by colleen o'neill View Post
    Macassar..are you mad at me ? According to the spreadsheet , I'm at 2069.1

    I have to pipe up , because I fear I'm doomed with my SC picks ...

    ( And I could always drop out of sight after the 4th discipline)
    Colleen, it's not you, it's me! Sorry, for some reason I didn't catch your score when I did the quick browse. Anyway, I actually did a sort by score on excel (for some reason I can't figure it out on Google) and you are indeed in the top five. Sorry tulosai, but hey, you're still in the top six -- final group!

    So here is the CORRECT standings though three Skate America disciplines.
    1.) Imaginary Pogue 2205.44
    2.) federica 2160.40
    3.) SubRosa 2144.92
    4.) FSGMT 2086.95
    5.) colleen o' neill 2069.10
    6.) tulosai 2043.74

    ETA: Please don't be mad at Macassar -- it was my error. Macassar did the men's and ladies, I did pairs and just wanted to give you all an update. Another poster is doing dance, I believe.
    Last edited by Mrs. P; 10-26-2012 at 12:40 AM.

  13. #103
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    715
    A little late on this one, hope I didn't miss the deadline...

    Skate Canada

    Men:
    1. Patrick Chan
    2. Nobunari Oda
    3. Javier Fernandez
    4. Artur Gachinski
    5. Florent Amodio
    6. Ross Miner

    Ladies:
    1. Akiko Suzuki
    3. Kanako Murakami
    3. Kaetlyn Osmond
    4. Elizaveta Tutamusheva
    5. Ksenia Makarova
    6. Gracie Gold

    Pairs:
    1. Savchenko/Szolkowy
    2. Duhamel/Radford
    3. Lawrence/Swiegers
    4. Berton/Hotarek
    5. Davis/Ladwig
    6. Vise/Baldwin

    Dance:
    1. Virtue/Moir
    2. Cappellini/Lanotte
    3. Razanova/Tachenko
    4. Hubbell/Donoghue
    5. Carron/Jones
    6. Gilles/Poirier
    Last edited by skatingfan04; 10-26-2012 at 07:21 AM.

  14. #104
    Custom Title FSGMT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    2,963
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. P View Post
    Colleen, it's not you, it's me! Sorry, for some reason I didn't catch your score when I did the quick browse. Anyway, I actually did a sort by score on excel (for some reason I can't figure it out on Google) and you are indeed in the top five. Sorry tulosai, but hey, you're still in the top six -- final group!

    So here is the CORRECT standings though three Skate America disciplines.
    1.) Imaginary Pogue 2205.44
    2.) federica 2160.40
    3.) SubRosa 2144.92
    4.) FSGMT 2086.95
    5.) colleen o' neill 2069.10
    6.) tulosai 2043.74

    ETA: Please don't be mad at Macassar -- it was my error. Macassar did the men's and ladies, I did pairs and just wanted to give you all an update. Another poster is doing dance, I believe.
    So I'm in fourth, close to third? I hope SC will bring me points!

  15. #105
    Tripping on the Podium
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Helsinki
    Posts
    55
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. P View Post
    Colleen, it's not you, it's me! Sorry, for some reason I didn't catch your score when I did the quick browse. Anyway, I actually did a sort by score on excel (for some reason I can't figure it out on Google) and you are indeed in the top five. Sorry tulosai, but hey, you're still in the top six -- final group!

    So here is the CORRECT standings though three Skate America disciplines.
    1.) Imaginary Pogue 2205.44
    2.) federica 2160.40
    3.) SubRosa 2144.92
    4.) FSGMT 2086.95
    5.) colleen o' neill 2069.10
    6.) tulosai 2043.74

    ETA: Please don't be mad at Macassar -- it was my error. Macassar did the men's and ladies, I did pairs and just wanted to give you all an update. Another poster is doing dance, I believe.
    Actually, I did the ladies points . I'm trying not to think about my score, though. 20th place isn't SO bad, is it?

Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •