Thread: Canada's "other" men

Hybrid View

Custom Title

Canada's "other" men

Chan obviously dominates discussion, but I think it's worth having a thread to discuss the other competitors. Canada doesn't have the field that Japan or the USA has, but it's still quite an interesting one.

Inspired by Anthony Kan and his SP. Gutsy, fascinating, with some truly unique moments.

Kevin Reynolds gets no respect or love from Canada? talented guy.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by skateluvr View Post
    Kevin Reynolds gets no respect or love from Canada?
    What are you talking about? Any proof?

Custom Title
    Rogozine has the best potential. He is very good.

I like Jeremy Ten and was disappointed that he didn't get a Grand Prix, especially after he was third at Canadian Nationals last year.

Custom Title
    Is there any other canadian men other than Chan??? LOL Sadly it is a dessert of talent after Chan. Reynolds has not shown growth artistically, skating skills, spins or for that matter jumps. He isn't more consistent or getting more difficult quads and his pcs have not improved at all. And sadly he is know for his rather asthetically annoying appearance especially his hair. He has had a couple of years to show some development but he hasn't and he can't move out of the 10 to 15th range without some improvement and consistency in those quads and 3A especially if you aren't great pc wise. His packaging is just not overly attractive. Ten had promise but can't jump and he is penalized for his lack of technicality. Rogozoine maybe the best hope. I am not sold on Baldwin? i say bring back Buttle - no seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Butterscotch17 View Post
    I like Jeremy Ten and was disappointed that he didn't get a Grand Prix, especially after he was third at Canadian Nationals last year.
    It's too bad Jeremy Ten is injured and he's also really inconsistent, even when not injured. He has a great artistic sense, I think. I still think Rogozine is the best hope though, or maybe Firus.