Canada's "other" men | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Canada's "other" men

nadster

Final Flight
The one good thing is that Nam has seen the light and has moved from Mcleod to Orser this season.

I am not saying that Nam will be the next star but at least he has a chance under Orser. Mcleod would stunt his growth guaranteed.

I don't think Chan would have to fall to 4th for Canada to be reduced to 2 men next season. Even if Chan won Worlds this season, our no 2 would at least have to finish top 12 anyway. The placements of the top 2 added together has to be 13 or less. For each lower placement for Chan , the pressure is bumped up on the #2.

Last edited:

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
I hear you nadster - the way I saw it though is that because Canada no. 2 is so weak and the best they could do is maybe 11th or 12th it puts huge pressure on Chan though the pressure should be on no. 2. The fact that we have no idea who is no. 2 is not a good sign.

Buttercup

Record Breaker
Bump because Emanuel Sandhu actually showed up and is competing at the Skate Canada Challenge. I must admit I'm surprised and impressed that he's gone through with it. Though he'll likely qualify for Nationals, he is by no means competitive at the top level in his current form, but whatever he's trying to accomplish - good for him.

Sandhu is 32 years old and has not competed since 2007. Elladj Balde leads after the SP.

emma

Record Breaker
Bump because Emanuel Sandhu actually showed up and is competing at the Skate Canada Challenge. I must admit I'm surprised and impressed that he's gone through with it. Though he'll likely qualify for Nationals, he is by no means competitive at the top level in his current form, but whatever he's trying to accomplish - good for him.

Sandhu is 32 years old and has not competed since 2007. Elladj Balde leads after the SP.

Thanks for this update! and I agree with you - whatever his motivations, good for him! I hope to see his skating.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Seems Sandhu has looked at the men's field past Chan and concluded he had a shot at making it to Sochi in 2014. There does seem to be a vacuum there! Reynolds is awful, Rogozine is a jumping robot, Nam isn't soup yet, Ten can't jump, and Balde is inconsistent.

I saw Eman's FS on skatebuzz. He was slow and there was no 3a, but for a first effort after 5 years, he looked pretty good.

Buttercup

Record Breaker
I saw Eman's FS on skatebuzz. He was slow and there was no 3a, but for a first effort after 5 years, he looked pretty good.
I haven't seen it yet, but that seems to be the consensus. I imagine funding is an issue at this point; I'm not sure what he can afford to pay for coaching and choreography.