Grand Prix Series Entries And News | Golden Skate

Grand Prix Series Entries And News

http://www.isu.org/vsite/vnavsite/page/directory/0,10853,4844-136494-137802-nav-list,00.html

I'm sorry if there's already a thread for it. I couldn't find one :( Necessary information is being posted on The Edge, but I thought it would be nice to have a thread that generally covers the GP series.

Evan Lysacek out of Skate America, Armin Mahbanoozadeh gets spot

Coachless Ando pulls out of Grand Prix Series
;Miki's spots have been filled with Sophia Biryukova(COC) and Elena Glebova(TEB).

Lynn Rutherford ‏@LynnRutherford
Ice dancers IsabellaTobias & Deividas Stagniunas (LTU) withdrew from SKAM due to injury. No replacement will be added, 2 close to event.
3:22 PM - 11 Oct 12

let`s talk

Match Penalty
Why TakaTran are crossed out from both Cups on sportcentric site (they are still on the list on the general ISU site though)? I couldn't find any info.

burntBREAD

Medalist
There was a steam of a competition in Quebec a few weeks ago and Mervin had what appeared to be a large cast on his hand. They had to completely skip the twist. It might be that. :(

ice coverage

Record Breaker
This tweet refers to Takahashi needing to recover from something.

Maia Shibutani ‏@MaiaShibutani
Wishing a very speedy recovery to my friend, Narumi Takahashi. Will really miss seeing her and @skate_moivo at NHK Trophy!
7:56 AM - 24 Oct 12​

burntBREAD

Medalist
Never mind! It's Narumi, not Mervin. Tatjana Flade tweeted that she's recovering from a shoulder injury.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Takahashi/Tran out of GP -- confirmed by his tweets

Confirmation from Mervin Tran ‏@skate_moivo:

Sorry to announce that Narumi and I will not be doing the Grand Prix series due to a shoulder operation that Narumi badly needs.
5:02 AM - 25 Oct 12
(emphasis added)

Unfortunately it will be 3 months of recovery before rehab. Fortunately at 20 and 22 years old, we have time.
5:07 AM - 25 Oct 12​

ETA, the always-witty Tran continues:
I will now sign off with a modified quote from a former Governor of California, "We'll be back"
5:12 AM - 25 Oct 12​

Last edited:

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Yankowskas/Reagan have withdrawn from Cup of China

(10/25/12) - Caitlin Yankowskas & Joshua Reagan have withdrawn from 2012 Cup of China due to injury. Reagan sustained a rib injury in practice. The injury is not expected to interfere with their assignment to 2012 NHK Trophy, which is set for Nov. 23-25, in Miyagi, Japan.

The duo, who announced their partnership in April, was set to make their competitive debut next weekend in Shanghai.

http://www.usfsa.org/Story.asp?id=48585&type=media