Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Tuktamysheva's new SP

Tuktamysheva's new SP

from Cup of St.Petersburg
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...v=oSYHZDbjYd0#!

What is your thought?

Custom Title
    I am confused. I thought she was having problems with puberty. Okay so not the hardest jumps and horrible outfit but not bad at all - she really is covering the ice better and has a lot of work done on her transitions. she was fairly impressive imho.

Quote Originally Posted by Skater Boy View Post
    I am confused. I thought she was having problems with puberty. Okay so not the hardest jumps and horrible outfit but not bad at all - she really is covering the ice better and has a lot of work done on her transitions. she was fairly impressive imho.
    Yeah so imagine how much more progress she would have made without the injuries!

Quote Originally Posted by Skater Boy View Post
    Yes. And i like her individual movements. I like those skaters, who has own style, individual or special movements. You can recogniz in that moment when you see them.

Custom Title
    I can see that her style is maturing, but I wish she wasn't flailing her arms so much. It's just not a style I like, partly because it tends to make the movements across the ice look choppy. This is not her fault, though, but the fault of her choreographer and maybe her coach.

Custom Title
    Dislike the music--think it's a worldwide standard for elevators and dentists' offices. And dislike the choreography and the flailing. I don't like this SP and don't think it showcases her talents nor do I think she has the chops yet to interpret it. Not that I would wish this music even on the likes of a Dai.

Custom Title
    It's a very syrupy orchestration of a rather syrupy piece of music, I agree. Though I have to say, the music itself in another arrangement was tremendously effective for Sale/Pelletier in 2002. That "Love Story" program is one that I watch whenever I want to see something beautiful and emotionally satisfying.

As you say, this particular arrangement wrings all the honest feeling out of the music and leaves only sappiness, and at this stage of her life, Liza doesn't have whatever interpretive magic Jamie and David had. Even if she did, the endless arm-swinging and circling steps would stymie her efforts. There's no momentum, either physical or emotional, in this program.

Custom Title
    If she wants to be more like Jamie and David then she should study the Brian Boitano method of acting. Yes, fewer arm flails and more definitive simple motions with dramatic stares into space or in the case of the former lovebirds, Sale and Pelletier at each other. The look of angst helps too

Banned
    Eliz. Tuk's jumps will not survive puberty and recover and develop in time for Sochi. You can see it in the video presented. My first impression of this SP is that she will be lucky to make the Russian Olympic Team in 2014.

I'm not seeing all the flailing, there's a couple placeswhere we have a few arm flaps/waves, but flailing? I'm not seeing anything thatscreams "lady plush/evan!". The music, too, could be worse. It's notthe great arrangement that Jamie and David used, but that's a good thing IMO, as I wasn't as keen with Bourne & Kraatz using it - it was just such a memorable program and it's too easy to compare one to the other that way - even with it being a different disipline.

What I did notice - that I didn't like - was that she has a bent knee... and not a pretty one - it's almost a 90* angle most of the time... that's something she can work on... I also hate the costume. I know petty things and not something that should have much weight in the judging... but it's something I noticed far more than what everyone else seems to have commented on.

Custom Title
    What has happened to her 3Lz-3T? It was rock solid last season, wasn't it? She always got 2's across the board for GOE. Puberty? Even her double axel looks smaller and it seems to cover less distance. Last year she had both 'tano variation and power in her double axel.

On the Ice
    She just recovered from injury. Even two weeks ago they weren't sure if she could start the season normally. I am more than happy to see her back on ice at this level. Her jumps is still not her previous level, but she already showed improvement in other department like ice coverage.

She has natural charisma that attracts your attention and a tough competitive mind set. She also got the benefit of early exposure to skate to a large audience in top tier shows. I will bet on her having a very bright future.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonichelle View Post
    I'm not seeing all the flailing, there's a couple placeswhere we have a few arm flaps/waves, but flailing? I'm not seeing anything thatscreams "lady plush/evan!". The music, too, could be worse. It's notthe great arrangement that Jamie and David used, but that's a good thing IMO, as I wasn't as keen with Bourne & Kraatz using it - it was just such a memorable program and it's too easy to compare one to the other that way - even with it being a different disipline.

What I did notice - that I didn't like - was that she has a bent knee... and not a pretty one - it's almost a 90* angle most of the time... that's something she can work on... I also hate the costume. I know petty things and not something that should have much weight in the judging... but it's something I noticed far more than what everyone else seems to have commented on.
    I don't think it is her real costume. The black dress was the one she used at last year's grand prix for her tango sp. She probably uses it for practice.

leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    You mean bent knee 90o in her layback?

Her dress is from last season

as she's skating around, too.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast