Tuktamysheva's new SP | Golden Skate

Tuktamysheva's new SP

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
I am confused. I thought she was having problems with puberty. Okay so not the hardest jumps and horrible outfit but not bad at all - she really is covering the ice better and has a lot of work done on her transitions. she was fairly impressive imho.

Macassar88

Medalist
I am confused. I thought she was having problems with puberty. Okay so not the hardest jumps and horrible outfit but not bad at all - she really is covering the ice better and has a lot of work done on her transitions. she was fairly impressive imho.

Yeah so imagine how much more progress she would have made without the injuries!

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary

Yes. And i like her individual movements. I like those skaters, who has own style, individual or special movements. You can recogniz in that moment when you see them.

I can see that her style is maturing, but I wish she wasn't flailing her arms so much. It's just not a style I like, partly because it tends to make the movements across the ice look choppy. This is not her fault, though, but the fault of her choreographer and maybe her coach.

bigsisjiejie

Record Breaker
:disagree: Dislike the music--think it's a worldwide standard for elevators and dentists' offices. And dislike the choreography and the flailing. I don't like this SP and don't think it showcases her talents nor do I think she has the chops yet to interpret it. Not that I would wish this music even on the likes of a Dai.

It's a very syrupy orchestration of a rather syrupy piece of music, I agree. Though I have to say, the music itself in another arrangement was tremendously effective for Sale/Pelletier in 2002. That "Love Story" program is one that I watch whenever I want to see something beautiful and emotionally satisfying.

As you say, this particular arrangement wrings all the honest feeling out of the music and leaves only sappiness, and at this stage of her life, Liza doesn't have whatever interpretive magic Jamie and David had. Even if she did, the endless arm-swinging and circling steps would stymie her efforts. There's no momentum, either physical or emotional, in this program.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
If she wants to be more like Jamie and David then she should study the Brian Boitano method of acting. Yes, fewer arm flails and more definitive simple motions with dramatic stares into space or in the case of the former lovebirds, Sale and Pelletier at each other. The look of angst helps too:)

Sk8Boi

Match Penalty
Eliz. Tuk's jumps will not survive puberty and recover and develop in time for Sochi. You can see it in the video presented. My first impression of this SP is that she will be lucky to make the Russian Olympic Team in 2014.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I'm not seeing all the flailing, there's a couple placeswhere we have a few arm flaps/waves, but flailing? I'm not seeing anything thatscreams "lady plush/evan!". The music, too, could be worse. It's notthe great arrangement that Jamie and David used, but that's a good thing IMO, as I wasn't as keen with Bourne & Kraatz using it - it was just such a memorable program and it's too easy to compare one to the other that way - even with it being a different disipline.

What I did notice - that I didn't like - was that she has a bent knee... and not a pretty one - it's almost a 90* angle most of the time... that's something she can work on... I also hate the costume. I know petty things and not something that should have much weight in the judging... but it's something I noticed far more than what everyone else seems to have commented on. :laugh:

Bartek

On the Ice
What has happened to her 3Lz-3T? It was rock solid last season, wasn't it? She always got 2's across the board for GOE. Puberty? Even her double axel looks smaller and it seems to cover less distance. Last year she had both 'tano variation and power in her double axel.

lilywang

Rinkside
She just recovered from injury. Even two weeks ago they weren't sure if she could start the season normally. I am more than happy to see her back on ice at this level. Her jumps is still not her previous level, but she already showed improvement in other department like ice coverage.

She has natural charisma that attracts your attention and a tough competitive mind set. She also got the benefit of early exposure to skate to a large audience in top tier shows. I will bet on her having a very bright future.

DianaSelene

Medalist
I'm not seeing all the flailing, there's a couple placeswhere we have a few arm flaps/waves, but flailing? I'm not seeing anything thatscreams "lady plush/evan!". The music, too, could be worse. It's notthe great arrangement that Jamie and David used, but that's a good thing IMO, as I wasn't as keen with Bourne & Kraatz using it - it was just such a memorable program and it's too easy to compare one to the other that way - even with it being a different disipline.

What I did notice - that I didn't like - was that she has a bent knee... and not a pretty one - it's almost a 90* angle most of the time... that's something she can work on... I also hate the costume. I know petty things and not something that should have much weight in the judging... but it's something I noticed far more than what everyone else seems to have commented on. :laugh:

I don't think it is her real costume. The black dress was the one she used at last year's grand prix for her tango sp. She probably uses it for practice.

skateluvr

Record Breaker
Her skating reminds me of Elene G and I think Liza may have that figure-tiny but buxom...it will kill her triples. That is why we should never get too excited about teeny 14 year old whose genetics dictate shape and thyen performance. I dislike the music but don't find her flailing too bad. She seems to have toned dow her arm movements from last year. I saw this a while ago and felt the black was to cover her ermerging womanhood. I still enjoy her but I think she is no shoo in for gold/Sochi at this point

silverlake22

Record Breaker
Elene G actually has huge triples that are gorgeous when she actually lands them, it's just a matter of consistency. Her 3lz is a monster and last March at Worlds she landed an awesome 3lz-3t combo in her SP. Anyways, if Elene didn't have such huge tatas her body would actually be quite good for skating, she is very toned, strong, compact, light. Liza does not appear to be busty so if she doesn't develop that way but is otherwise build like Elene I don't see it being an issue. Further, I feel like a lot of Elene's struggles had to do with moving around and switching coaches so much, as well as a lack of focus as until recently it seemed like she cared a lot about having an active social life. I don't get the same sense from Liza. Many different body types can be successful in skating and Liza is a huge talent. Leonova is also short and sturdier in build with a larger bust compared to a lot of other skaters, and she's the freaking world silver medalist! Never had Liza's innate talent either IMO and she's coached by Morozov. I'm really impressed with how Liza's skating is looking considering the injury and puberty struggles.

DianaSelene

Medalist
Elene G actually has huge triples that are gorgeous when she actually lands them, it's just a matter of consistency. Her 3lz is a monster and last March at Worlds she landed an awesome 3lz-3t combo in her SP. Anyways, if Elene didn't have such huge tatas her body would actually be quite good for skating, she is very toned, strong, compact, light. Liza does not appear to be busty so if she doesn't develop that way but is otherwise build like Elene I don't see it being an issue. Further, I feel like a lot of Elene's struggles had to do with moving around and switching coaches so much, as well as a lack of focus as until recently it seemed like she cared a lot about having an active social life. I don't get the same sense from Liza. Many different body types can be successful in skating and Liza is a huge talent. Leonova is also short and sturdier in build with a larger bust compared to a lot of other skaters, and she's the freaking world silver medalist! Never had Liza's innate talent either IMO and she's coached by Morozov. I'm really impressed with how Liza's skating is looking considering the injury and puberty struggles.

:thumbsup:

Agreed--both about Liza and about Elene. I was so excited when Elene did so well last season,winning the European bronze, and I hope she continues her upward trend. I've always loved her skating.

As for Liza, I never count out someone this age, especially with talent like hers. Predicting the future is easy...predicting it accurately is the hard part.