Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Kurt Browning, Evgeni Plushenko on similar paths (article)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Olympia View Post
    I'm sorry, maybe I haven't kept up...are you saying that Hanyu did an exhibition where he behaved like a stripper, and that Kurt choreographed that for him? Or did Kurt choreograph some other program? Either way, yipes! That kind of program doesn't sound appropriate to me, either, especially for a young skater, but really for anyone.

An exhibition done in Japanese traditional clothing, to Japanese music sounds wonderful, though! I hope you'll call our attention to it if it's ever posted.
    It was in the show thread a couple of months ago: his new EX with Sashida, choreo by Miyamoto. Here Yuzu is in the kimono costume for this number: http://now.ameba.jp/sashidafumiya/1351909114/ (here is a more "close" pic from the magazine but I don't think it's that successful: http://twitpic.com/b1v0gi ). Here is this musician is talking about his feeling on working with Hanyu: http://ohheyjamiee.tumblr.com/post/3...on-ice-2012-in
    Last edited by let`s talk; 10-17-2012 at 08:23 AM.

Custom Title
    Thanks so much! A treat to look forward to.

Custom Title
    [QUOTE=Teenes;666879]. Kurt's big thing about Hanyu is that he thinks Hanyu is super talented, and needs to realize it, that he needs to skate with more confidence and really take command of the ice like a rock star, so the program is designed to encourage him to really go for it and act confident.

I think Hanyu knows to be supertalented and knows how to get the audience crazy in love with him..

The sexual objectification theme has been building consistently with Yuzuru's performances since the first appearance at DOI 2012... the only exception is the new Notre Dame FS fortunately.

Custom Title
    I didn't like that drift of skating when Candeloro did it, and he was half joking about it. I certainly don't enjoy it with Hanyu. Well, better a guy than a girl, I suppose....that would be really unsettling. But I hope Hanyu outgrows this phase. He has so much sizzle just in the quality of his skating that he doesn't need this artificial provocative stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Olympia View Post
    I didn't like that drift of skating when Candeloro did it, and he was half joking about it. I certainly don't enjoy it with Hanyu. Well, better a guy than a girl, I suppose....that would be really unsettling. But I hope Hanyu outgrows this phase. He has so much sizzle just in the quality of his skating that he doesn't need this artificial provocative stuff.

Yes, maybe I'm not too young, but i don't see Yuzu like a sexy man. He is a cute boy, who likes the Teddy bear...And I don't like those moviements in his program. If he will be a sexy man we will see it.. But matter of taste, of course...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4