Weight Loss Support Group | Golden Skate

Weight Loss Support Group

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
Here is a good article:

10 Tricks to Lose 10 Pounds--For Good

If you want to lose weight, don't diet. You read that right. Diets can make you feel deprived, and that makes you more prone to binge eating--not exactly a good way to shed pounds. Instead of dieting, make small changes that will last a lifetime. Registered dietitian Julie Upton interviewed several weight loss experts from professors to trainers and came up with these tricks that will help you lose 10 pounds in a year. Best of all, they're painless!

1. Take three bites less of everything. This will typically shave off 100 calories.
2. Go ahead and order the pizza, but cut out the cheese and meat toppings and choose extra sauce and veggies instead.
3. Watch less television. Previous research has shown that people who watch more than two hours of TV a day tend to be overweight.
4. Instead of oil or butter, use nonstick sprays and pans.
5. When you go to parties, do this simple trick: Don't look at the buffet table. What you don't see won't tempt you.

6. When you're making homemade goodies, cut the sugar in the recipe by one-third. You'll never even notice the difference.
7. Hungry? Eat fruit instead of candy. Do this once a day and you'll save a whopping 100 calories.
8. Thirsty? Drink from a tall, thin glass instead of a short, squat one. It will seem like you're drinking more.
9. When possible, stand instead of sitting. Fifty minutes of standing actually burns up 100 calories!
10. Cut your portion size the easy way: Use smaller plates and bowls.

Easier said than Done! Right?!!!!!

JOHIO2

Medalist
Gee Lad, I didn't see your other weight loss support group thread before I suggested you organize one.

Maybe we really should set up a GS group.

diver chick

On the Ice
Something I do that I find really helps is buying only low fat versions of foods when shopping.

I am starting on the weight watchers point system at the moment and finding it really really easy to get to grips with. I especially like that I can save points for the weekend if I am going to dinner or a drink with friends.

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
My hubby and I are joining WW next week. He's been on it before and lost forty pounds. He couldn't lose anymore, became discouraged, and gained it back. He quit smoking five years ago, and the weight started to accumulate. I thought if we did this as a team, it would be easier for him. The hardest part is getting him to cut down (or out) his fav's, such as mayo and butter......42

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
show 42:

Mayo and butter are hard to give up!!!! Yes, Weight Watchers is excellent. I lost weight on the diet without joining the organization years ago. My mom helped me. We just got hold of a WW book and followed the diets. I should try it again. I only have about ten pounds I want to shed. I do need a support group. Of course, there is also TOPS (take off pounds sensibly). Best of luck!!