Skate America streaming | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Skate America streaming

mikiandorocks

Final Flight
Portuguese eurosport announced two hours of Skate America broadcast (pairs Lp + Men Lp) but in the end they only showed the pairs Lp and the men's podium. Then they moved to snooker. blahhh. Later on the evening they will supposedly show the ladies lp live.
Here's a link to portuguese eurosport: http://www.tvtuga.com/eurosport/

Last edited:

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Portuguese eurosport announced two hours of Skate America broadcast (pairs Lp + Men Lp) but in the end they only showed the pairs Lp and the men's podium. Then they moved to snooker. blahhh. Later on the evening they will supposedly show the ladies lp live.

Sorry, but I have to correct the complaint made by mikiandorocks

I am a fan of both snooker and figure skating. However, British Eurosport was showing cycling all afternoon, and Eurosport Deutschland was showing handball. So, I had to hunt down a website that was streaming International Eurosport to watch the snooker semi-final, and the highlights of the Men's Free and Pair's Free.

As it turned out, the snooker semi-final was a very short match. Mark Selby only took about an hour to white-wash Ally Carter by 4 frames to nil. So, at about 16:10 BST, International Eurosport put on the final 5 participants in the Men's Free (i.e. 50 minutes early). Then, at 17:00 BST, they put on the final 5 participants in the Pair's Free (i.e. 1 hr early).

As they still had time to spare, they showed the Pairs medal ceremony at 17:50 BST, followed by the Men's medal ceremony at 18:00 BST. Then, to fill in the remaining 50 minutes to the final of the snooker, they showed highlights of the semi-final.

So mikiandorocks must have only switched on the TV at the scheduled time. Which is something you must never do with Eurosport! ;) :D

This is what I hate about Eurosport. They are notorious for constantly changing the schedules without any warning. OK, so they can't really do much in a situation like this where a match finishes a lot earlier than expected. But, they could have had a better contingency plan in place. To the viewer, it was obvious that they were making it up as they went along! Like, would it not have made more sense to show the Men's medal ceremony directly after the Men's competition, and then showed the Pair's competition?

By the way, the snooker final also finished early, after my fellow countryman Mark Allen beat Selby by 4-1 in 1hr 30m. So, does anybody know what International Eurosport showed in between the snooker and the Ladies Free? I watched the first hour of the snooker on British Eurosport on the TV, and then put on the X Factor results show. So, I don't know what was on International (We had a strong man competition on British Eurosport. No thanks!). I really hope I didn't miss highlights of the Free Dance, as it looks like Eurosport are not planning on showing any coverage of it before Skate Canada :(

I taped the live coverage of the Ladies Free off Eurosport Deutschland, but unfortunately lost the signal during Haruka Imai's performance. Thankfully, British Eurosport showed a full re-play the following morning. Although, it must have started a good 10 or 15 minutes before the scheduled time, because it only started recording when Alena Leonova was getting her results. And, as usual, Eurosport didn't amend the EPG listings.

But, hey, at least us in Europe are getting to see something. It could be worse - they could be showing nothing in Europe at all!

This is my first post on the Golden Skate forum, so thank you for letting me join.

CaroLiza_fan

P.S. I originally wrote this comment on Monday, but only got round to posting it now. The reason? I couldn't decide on a user-name to use on here! Which of my favourite skaters do I pay tribute? Carolina Kostner, or Elizaveta Tuktamysheva? So, in the end, I chose both!!!! ;) :D

Last edited: