Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Skate America streaming

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by aemeraldrainc View Post
    Yes, I'm hoping it will go back to the skating soon. I figure they're just taking a break.
    A rather long one

Rooting for Adrian, Javi and Kevin R!!! :) aemeraldrainc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by herios View Post
    A rather long one
    haha. Ok, I'm starting to lose hope...

I'm left without a stream as well :/

Tripping on the Podium
    Спорт 2 (Sport 2) showed Skate America. I'm now watching the archive broadcast at TVteka.com.

Link: http://tvteka.tv/live/sport2
    (Scroll down the Телепрограмма on the right side till you find the word Фигурное катание (figure skating)).

But you have to register at Tvteka first and activate the 3-days free pass or pay. Then you can watch - also the archive (with lots of US Shows and archive material of past competitions).
    Registration: Click on the word highlighted in white on the top. In Электронная почта you enter your email address, in Пароль your password and in Пароль еще раз you repeat your password. Click on the button next to it and wait until you get an authentication email. Click on the link in it.
    When you click on the arrow next to your email address, choose Подписка. When you click on the green button (between Оплачивать сервис раз в and К оплате it activates your 3-days free pass in the next minute (at least in my case).

I hope you understand my explanation. I don't speak russian, but I used Google Translate to unterstand the russian words.

Tripping on the Podium
    Any good streams for tonight?

Banned
    hahasport isnt working anymore :(

just call me K or Art jockey
    Believe it or not but the Free Saturday on Ice Network works for me

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Kunstrijdster View Post
    Believe it or not but the Free Saturday on Ice Network works for me
    Does it wok also outside the USA today?

just call me K or Art jockey
    I'm watching from over the pond, it worked for the Ladies SP, after the event ended I got the blackout message once, but opened from the outside again and can watch the Zamboni guys cleaning the ice, replays and the Space Needle. It's fun while it lasts, I presume :D Too bad the weat coast time is putting the men at 4 or 5 a.m. over here
    Last edited by Kunstrijdster; 10-20-2012 at 04:00 PM.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Kunstrijdster View Post
    I'm watching from over the pond, it worked for the Ladies SP, after the event ended I got the blackout message once, but opened from the outside again and can watch the Zamboni guys cleaning the ice and replays. It's fun while it lasts, I presume :D Too bad the weat coast time is putting the men at 4 or 5 a.m. over here
    Thanks, i would like to see the ice dance, I sacrificied the ladies for our TV recorded yesterday SP's on CBC, which is ending now.

Tripping on the Podium
    Streams, pls....

Portuguese eurosport announced two hours of Skate America broadcast (pairs Lp + Men Lp) but in the end they only showed the pairs Lp and the men's podium. Then they moved to snooker. blahhh. Later on the evening they will supposedly show the ladies lp live.
    Here's a link to portuguese eurosport: http://www.tvtuga.com/eurosport/
    Last edited by mikiandorocks; 10-21-2012 at 01:55 PM.

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA CaroLiza_fan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mikiandorocks View Post
    Portuguese eurosport announced two hours of Skate America broadcast (pairs Lp + Men Lp) but in the end they only showed the pairs Lp and the men's podium. Then they moved to snooker. blahhh. Later on the evening they will supposedly show the ladies lp live.
    Sorry, but I have to correct the complaint made by mikiandorocks

I am a fan of both snooker and figure skating. However, British Eurosport was showing cycling all afternoon, and Eurosport Deutschland was showing handball. So, I had to hunt down a website that was streaming International Eurosport to watch the snooker semi-final, and the highlights of the Men's Free and Pair's Free.

As it turned out, the snooker semi-final was a very short match. Mark Selby only took about an hour to white-wash Ally Carter by 4 frames to nil. So, at about 16:10 BST, International Eurosport put on the final 5 participants in the Men's Free (i.e. 50 minutes early). Then, at 17:00 BST, they put on the final 5 participants in the Pair's Free (i.e. 1 hr early).

As they still had time to spare, they showed the Pairs medal ceremony at 17:50 BST, followed by the Men's medal ceremony at 18:00 BST. Then, to fill in the remaining 50 minutes to the final of the snooker, they showed highlights of the semi-final.

So mikiandorocks must have only switched on the TV at the scheduled time. Which is something you must never do with Eurosport! :D

This is what I hate about Eurosport. They are notorious for constantly changing the schedules without any warning. OK, so they can't really do much in a situation like this where a match finishes a lot earlier than expected. But, they could have had a better contingency plan in place. To the viewer, it was obvious that they were making it up as they went along! Like, would it not have made more sense to show the Men's medal ceremony directly after the Men's competition, and then showed the Pair's competition?

By the way, the snooker final also finished early, after my fellow countryman Mark Allen beat Selby by 4-1 in 1hr 30m. So, does anybody know what International Eurosport showed in between the snooker and the Ladies Free? I watched the first hour of the snooker on British Eurosport on the TV, and then put on the X Factor results show. So, I don't know what was on International (We had a strong man competition on British Eurosport. No thanks!). I really hope I didn't miss highlights of the Free Dance, as it looks like Eurosport are not planning on showing any coverage of it before Skate Canada :(

I taped the live coverage of the Ladies Free off Eurosport Deutschland, but unfortunately lost the signal during Haruka Imai's performance. Thankfully, British Eurosport showed a full re-play the following morning. Although, it must have started a good 10 or 15 minutes before the scheduled time, because it only started recording when Alena Leonova was getting her results. And, as usual, Eurosport didn't amend the EPG listings.

But, hey, at least us in Europe are getting to see something. It could be worse - they could be showing nothing in Europe at all!

This is my first post on the Golden Skate forum, so thank you for letting me join.

CaroLiza_fan

P.S. I originally wrote this comment on Monday, but only got round to posting it now. The reason? I couldn't decide on a user-name to use on here! Which of my favourite skaters do I pay tribute? Carolina Kostner, or Elizaveta Tuktamysheva? So, in the end, I chose both!!!! :D
    Last edited by CaroLiza_fan; 10-26-2012 at 05:11 AM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3