Seats. To pad or not to pad. | Golden Skate

Seats. To pad or not to pad.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
OK, I got an e-mail from the director of operations today at the Showare arena.
He says the seats are padded....
Quote:
The seats are padded.
>
> Kind Regards,
> Joshua Holmes
> Director of Operations
> ShoWare Center

So I sent him back the e-mail I got from guest services there...
Quote: In Club Sections 114, 115 & 116, yes. All other seats are individual bucket seats (not bleachers or benches) of contoured plastic....

I cant wait to see what the director of OPs says tomarrow......

To pad or not to pad...
That is the question...
Whether it is nobler in the mind to suffer the slings and arrows of numb butt.....

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
You bet!
By the way, this is what I got from the Ops manager today...
(I told him his own guest services, which was clearly stated in the forward, was responsible in telling us the seats were not padded.
I also nicely told him that we are different than the folk that only come for a two hour event...at nats, we can sit for up to 100 hours and
at this event, I plan on sitting for 30 hours...and that is why we were concerned about the comfort of the seats....here is what he said...)

Hello Chris,

The seat itself is padded, the backrest is not. Where did you see that information you've referenced?

Kind Regards,
Joshua Holmes
Director of Operations
ShoWare Center

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
The irony is that after the air fare,hotel, food, etc, the cheepest thing is the tickets. I think they are just trying to fill some seats with the locals.....it broke my heart when they offered free seats for practice at SA Ontario CA and still no one came...and there were lots of name brand skaters.....
Will the last American skating fan please turn out the lights of the arena?

ugh, if only airfare wasn't outrageous!

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
yeah I know! Crazy!

And with my luck this will be the last time for a decade that an international skating comp will be on the West Coast. *grumbles*