Shows in Europe | Golden Skate

Shows in Europe

monikawi

Rinkside
There is not much quality skating shows in Europe - we're not Japan :eek::
Here in the Czech Republic has been visited for several years only Plushenko. Perhaps it wanted competition. But investors are afraid that we are a small country.
Would you go to Prague for the show? And for whom?

I would like to see Browning, Buttle, Weaver / Poje, Kerrs, Takahashi, Asada, Rochette ...

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
I'm in the USA, but I have been known to go to a show for either Rohene Ward, Jason Brown & Shawn Sawyer. Sometimes great performers were only so so competitors!

Does Holiday on Ice make it to Prague? If so, have you gone.

If you can get Yu Na Kim, fans will fly in to see her!

They filled the venue for Boston/Harvard's Jimmy Fund Evening With Champions, when she appeared.

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
There is not much quality skating shows in Europe - we're not Japan :eek::
Here in the Czech Republic has been visited for several years only Plushenko. Perhaps it wanted competition. But investors are afraid that we are a small country.
Would you go to Prague for the show? And for whom?

I would like to see Browning, Buttle, Weaver / Poje, Kerrs, Takahashi, Asada, Rochette ...

Yes, but in Plushenko's shows performed Lambiel, Johnny Weir, Fumie Suguri, will perform Brian Joubert, etc. Do you remember "Nebeske Hrany" show in 2011 Prague? That was a great show:
Cast:
Evgeni Plushenko
Tomas Verner
Sasha Cohen
Johnny Weir
Sarah Meier
Xue Shen & Hongbo Zhao
Nathalie Pechalat & Fabian Bourzat (instead Aliona Savchenko/Robin Szolkowy and Federica Faiella/Massimo Scali)
Surya Bonaly
Jozef Sabovčík

not bad, not bad...

Golden Skate Awards in Torino this week-end.

Palavela di Torino, 20 ottobre 2012 – ore 21.15
http://www.palavelatorino.it/custom/news.html#gala
FINAL CAST:
- Evgeni Plushenko
- Stephane Lambiel
- Elvis Stojko
- Laura Lepisto
- Irina Slutskaya
- Tatiana Totmianina & Maxim Marinin
- Margarita Dobriasko & Povilas Vanagas
- Elena Ilinykh & Nikita Katsapalov
- Nicole Della Monica & Matteo Guarise

ART ON ICE 2013

Zurich 31.01-03.02.2013 (6 shows) - Hallenstadion
Thursday 31 January 2013 - 8 pm
Friday 1 February 2013 - 8 pm
Saturday 2 February 2013 - 2 pm & 8 pm
Sunday 3 February 2013 - 1 pm & 7 pm

Lausanne 05/06.02.2013 (2 shows) - Patinoire de Malley
Tuesday 5 February 2013 - 7.30 pm
Wednesday 6 February 2013 - 7.30 pm

Davos 08.02.2013 - Vaillant Arena
Friday 8 February 2013 - 8.00 pm

On Art On Ice show you can see Japanese and American skaters.

monikawi

Rinkside
Unfortunately, a large part of the PAN LEDU - Plushenko´s show - as did artists as Jakimenko :slink:

This year in December there will bring Lambiel, Denková / Stavijski, Lepisto, Slucka maybe it will Brezina or Verner. But in December, the national championships, so why not come Joubert too :mad:

Oh - NEBESKE HRANY :love: - it was a great show! It had to repeat, but just because it is tradition here Plushenko, the organizers were afraid to invest.

Art on Ice is obviously very well staffed.

Last edited:

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I haven't been to a *headliner show* since 1999 when Scott Hamilton and Katarina Witt came up with a cast of skaters. Local shows are good fun, though, and sometimes you get to see those diamonds in the rough. It's how I first noticed Keegan Messing as a novice (? I think). He was incredible compared to the rest... still is!

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
Unfortunately, a large part of the PAN LEDU - Plushenko´s show - as did artists as Jakimenko :slink:

This year in December there will bring Lambiel, Denková / Stavijski, Lepisto, Slucka maybe it will Brezina or Verner. But in December, the national championships, so why not come Joubert too :mad:

Oh - NEBESKE HRANY :love: - it was a great show! It had to repeat, but just because it is tradition here Plushenko, the organizers were afraid to invest.

Art on Ice is obviously very well staffed.

I think Brian will go.
http://evgeni-plushenko.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=182&p=70266&hilit=prague+2012+december#p70266
Brian's name is on the poster. Have you different infromation?

FSGMT

Record Breaker
Last year, I went to a really good ice show in Bolzano (in the north of Italy), I saw Kostner, Savchenko-Szolkowy, Denkova-Staviski, Sarah Meier, S. Sawyer and some good Italian skaters, it was actually a good one!

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary

Yes, these were in North-Russia, Pskov and Kondopoga,-not too far from St.Petersburg or Murmansk- two little Kings on ice show, performed mostly Mishin pupils, Artur was too.

They said the shows were not only shows, there were trainings before the competitions, they worked on their programs.
In an article Ari Zakarian said:
На первой тренировке перед выступлением Женя прыгнул 30 четверных, включая сальхов и тулуп. Сделал несколько тройных акселей. Так что, с прыжковой составляющей у Плющенко всё нормально. -google translater- At the first training before the show Zhenya jumped 30 quads, including Salchow and toe loop.:jaw: Made a few triple axels. So, with the jump component Plushenko's okay.

Last edited:

seniorita

Record Breaker
30 Quads? :unsure: Zakarian must be exaggerating. Because even in serious training Plush has said himself he jumps 2-3 quads and if they work he drops them cause he cant afford multiple quads per trainign anymore like he used to. I doubt he would expose to such danger on a small city's ice.

Evgenia

Rinkside
Yes, but in Plushenko's shows performed Lambiel, Johnny Weir, Fumie Suguri, will perform Brian Joubert, etc. Do you remember "Nebeske Hrany" show in 2011 Prague? That was a great show:
Cast:
Evgeni Plushenko
Tomas Verner
Sasha Cohen
Johnny Weir
Sarah Meier
Xue Shen & Hongbo Zhao
Nathalie Pechalat & Fabian Bourzat (instead Aliona Savchenko/Robin Szolkowy and Federica Faiella/Massimo Scali)
Surya Bonaly
Jozef Sabovčík

"The other man's grass is always greener." I knew Japanese envied those casts.

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
30 Quads? :unsure: Zakarian must be exaggerating. Because even in serious training Plush has said himself he jumps 2-3 quads and if they work he drops them cause he cant afford multiple quads per trainign anymore like he used to. I doubt he would expose to such danger on a small city's ice.

:laugh: Yes, but that was a strong ice, before the show was a hockey match... Ari exaggerated or the jurnalist was wrong. Impossible to do 30 quads! Plush said after a quad necessary 20 seconds, until breathing is restored. So hard jump!!!

Last edited:

Buttercup

Record Breaker
I think Brian will go.
http://evgeni-plushenko.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=182&p=70266&hilit=prague+2012+december#p70266
Brian's name is on the poster. Have you different infromation?
French Nats will be held December 13-16, I imagine the senior men will skate on the 14th and 15th. I can't imagine Brian Joubert will do a show immediately before/during his own Nationals. It would make no sense.

monikawi

Rinkside

seniorita

Record Breaker

If you mean this show that had taken place on April 2011 -I dont know its name but the line up is the same(and I have a great pic of Cohen and Weir:biggrin:) , it was Plushenko's show as well, I know it cause I had a pass :cool:

plushyta

On the Ice
Last edited:

let`s talk

Match Penalty
At least Europeans have way more chances to see Juniors. Almost all the last 10 announced JW were/will be in Europe, except JW-2011 that was held in South Korea. Pretty much the same can be said about GP. How did it happen that Canada and US have so few GP? With GPF the situation is slightly better though.

monikawi

Rinkside
If you mean this show that had taken place on April 2011 -I dont know its name but the line up is the same(and I have a great pic of Cohen and Weir:biggrin:) , it was Plushenko's show as well, I know it cause I had a pass :cool:

No, it was not. Was organized by the RAND ENTERPRISES PRODUCTION, see http://www.nebeskehrany.cz/
It was mainly show Verner. Plushenko was the guest. And cast was great.